The Mighty Celtic... - Page 154 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I would have to agree with you Slasher. With the amount of talent we have, and to play them in the wrong formation, it makes no sense, just dont understand it. The signings have been poor, and the biggest concern is who is calling the shots. In and other club, Lennon would have been gone, son what the fuck is going on behind the scenes is right.. We will not win the league this year, that is a certainty. To be honest, I am not all that bothered as I am fed to with the circus that we have become....

The recruitment is the bit that baffles me.  Going back a few years Celtic's recruitment was excellent with the likes of Van Dijk, Wanyama and Dembele all bought low and sold big.  However for the last couple of years it's been horrific and the amount of money you've spent on players that rarely get on the pitch is shocking.  Off the top of my head I can think of Klimala, Bayo, Soro, Shved, Hendry, Commper, Kouassi all bought for 7 figure sums who will be lucky if they've had 30 starts between them.  And that's before you consider the £10M spent on Barkas and Ajeti this season.

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The recruitment is the bit that baffles me.  Going back a few years Celtic's recruitment was excellent with the likes of Van Dijk, Wanyama and Dembele all bought low and sold big.  However for the last couple of years it's been horrific and the amount of money you've spent on players that rarely get on the pitch is shocking.  Off the top of my head I can think of Klimala, Bayo, Soro, Shved, Hendry, Commper, Kouassi all bought for 7 figure sums who will be lucky if they've had 30 starts between them.  And that's before you consider the £10M spent on Barkas and Ajeti this season.

Fairbairn, not to get into a long post, I agree pal. Its shocking the money we have spent on talent that has not produced.. 😪

I will however gloat enormously should we win the league. The shocking abuse I have had to endure, which is totally unacceptable to say the least, but not surprised, as there are the usual suspects who are jeolous of me and have nothing better to do than complain or try harass me, will make my 10IAR that much sweeter.. If you dislike me now, you'll want to kick ma baws in should Celtic capture the 10IAR.... You have all been warned, and you know who you are.. Yallllllllllllldy..💪💪💪💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I will however gloat enormously should we win the league. The shocking abuse I have had to endure, which is totally unacceptable to say the least, but not surprised, as there are the usual suspects who are jeolous of me and have nothing better to do than complain or try harass me, will make my 10IAR that much sweeter.. If you dislike me now, you'll want to kick ma baws in should Celtic capture the 10IAR.... You have all been warned, and you know who you are.. Yallllllllllllldy..💪💪💪💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

😂😂😂 fucking hell

Celtics recruitment has been woeful for the past few years. That coupled with Lennons limitations as a coach has led them to where they are now.

Under Rodgers pretty much every single player was improved. Under Lennon everybody has regressed.

What I dont understand about Celtic is that they constantly try to do things on the cheap but then end up spending more money on a lesser product. Take GK this season for example. Forster was asking for too much in wages so Celtic walked away but then spent 4.5 million on a GK. 

They pulled out of a deal for what appeared to be their number 1 striking target because they could agree a fee (which at most looks lioe they were haggling over a cpl of million) but then go and spend millions on Ajeti.

Club doesnt look to be run very well from top to bottom atm and its only been highlighted because Rangers have got their act together. Sad thing for Scottish football is that the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen as equally as shambolic amd therefore Celtic at worst will finish 2nd.

7 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Celtics recruitment has been woeful for the past few years. That coupled with Lennons limitations as a coach has led them to where they are now.

Under Rodgers pretty much every single player was improved. Under Lennon everybody has regressed.

What I dont understand about Celtic is that they constantly try to do things on the cheap but then end up spending more money on a lesser product. Take GK this season for example. Forster was asking for too much in wages so Celtic walked away but then spent 4.5 million on a GK. 

They pulled out of a deal for what appeared to be their number 1 striking target because they could agree a fee (which at most looks lioe they were haggling over a cpl of million) but then go and spend millions on Ajeti.

Club doesnt look to be run very well from top to bottom atm and its only been highlighted because Rangers have got their act together. Sad thing for Scottish football is that the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen as equally as shambolic amd therefore Celtic at worst will finish 2nd.

Whatever Forster wanted they should’ve given him double. I’ll go as far as to say his absence is what’s made the difference between winning the league this season and not. The defence is shaky in large part due to their obvious lack of confidence in Barkas who has yet to make one single save of note. Forster in goals would’ve turned many of the draws into wins. Wouldn’t have made much difference against Rangers right enough unless he went up the other end and actually tried a shot on goal but at least Celtic would be in a fairly close title race still.

If they really couldn’t get Forster back then the failure to secure Marshall instead was equally incompetent.

The seeds were sown with the refusal to offer a decent package for McGinn and its been the same old story since, including their lack of ambition in appointing a decent manager.

Lawwell has the TIAR failure lying entirely at his door.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

I don't disagree with the sentiments behind either of the last 2 posts but have to clarify one point. 

Re Forster, he had agreed terms on a return to Celtic but asked for time to think it over. Whatever happened thereafter he decided to stay at Southampton for whatever reason, but it wasn't over his offer from us. 

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

I don't disagree with the sentiments behind either of the last 2 posts but have to clarify one point. 

Re Forster, he had agreed terms on a return to Celtic but asked for time to think it over. Whatever happened thereafter he decided to stay at Southampton for whatever reason, but it wasn't over his offer from us. 

At the time I thought it might have been that he had been told he would get another chance at Southampton but he hasnt had a look in.

Surely Celtic should do whatever they can to get him back on Jan 1st. Having him in sticks would give the team the boost they need. 

I think the league is far from over. Celtic are 7 points behind if they win their games in hand and at the moment Rangers are bliwing teams away however a signing like Forster and a win in the new year derby  would put the preasure back onto Rangers which they havent dealt well with in the last 2 years.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

At the time I thought it might have been that he had been told he would get another chance at Southampton but he hasnt had a look in.

Surely Celtic should do whatever they can to get him back on Jan 1st. Having him in sticks would give the team the boost they need. 

I think the league is far from over. Celtic are 7 points behind if they win their games in hand and at the moment Rangers are bliwing teams away however a signing like Forster and a win in the new year derby  would put the preasure back onto Rangers which they havent dealt well with in the last 2 years.

I think he was potentially offered a shot at Southampton also rumours his agent had inclinations of him being back up at Chelsea.......or it might have been personal, I don't know. 

If he's still interested in coming I'd take him. 

So excited for the match today. Its the dawn of a new Era.. The changing of the guard if you will.  We will see what Rangers are made of now. The Celtic are bigger, faster, stronger after the result against Lille. It was a wakeup call to all Celtic players. The dominance starts today... Sorry Kilmarnock, it will be like lambs to the slaughter at Paradise today....  10IAR is coming... HH

35 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So excited for the match today. Its the dawn of a new Era.. The changing of the guard if you will.  We will see what Rangers are made of now. The Celtic are bigger, faster, stronger after the result against Lille. It was a wakeup call to all Celtic players. The dominance starts today... Sorry Kilmarnock, it will be like lambs to the slaughter at Paradise today....  10IAR is coming... HH

You dinnae half set yersel’ up for a fall at times. You never ever learn from your slavering pish. You were giving it the same big man talk a week ago before Saints came to Glasgow and you were lucky you even got a point. Cut out the arrogance. That’s a Hun trait more than Celtic.

10 minutes ago, WCTA said:

You dinnae half set yersel’ up for a fall at times. You never ever learn from your slavering pish. You were giving it the same big man talk a week ago before Saints came to Glasgow and you were lucky you even got a point. Cut out the arrogance. That’s a Hun trait more than Celtic.

Who asked you ya fanny. You remember what banter is??? Are you DD in disguise??? 

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Who asked you ya fanny. You remember what banter is??? Are you DD in disguise??? 

It’s an internet forum. Incase you didn’t realise every member has the right to offer their opinion. You don’t own this thread.