The Mighty Celtic... - Page 151 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

He’s hardly alone in that and Lennon / the club deciding he’s worth it. 

Why don't they play him then?  Guessing he might be on around 30k a week and yet he is only trusted to come on for Celtic/Scotland for the last 20 minutes.  Madness.  I know the guy has mental issues as has Big Daft Ramy 👉 (kidding pal)  But Griffiths is a spent force just like Brown.

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

Why don't they play him then?  Guessing he might be on around 30k a week and yet he is only trusted to come on for Celtic/Scotland for the last 20 minutes.  Madness.  I know the guy has mental issues as has Big Daft Ramy 👉 (kidding pal)  But Griffiths is a spent force just like Brown.

Because Lennon thinks they have better alternatives? 
Yeah he still scores nearly 1 every 2 games, probably better given he’s usually coming off the bench. 

32 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You can read???  Griffiths is a wee waste of space imo.  Picking up 10's of thousands per week and little in return.  Neither Clarke nor Lennon trust him ma pal.  I know you love him but they don't and watch him in training.  Said here before that he is a one trick pony.  Doesn't get you by in the modern game.  Plus he looks like a wee prick.

Are you playing with a full deck of cards you fucking idiot? Look at his scoring ratio since joining Celtic. Who knows what is going on with Griff and Lennon. I will tell you this though Mr fucking know it all. Scotland or Celtic, and we need to score, I would bet my mortgage on the " one trick pony" as you have labelled him... Its not even the New Year, and you have apparantly written Celtic off. Now careful what you wish for. Now go and have another Glenlivet. All the best RH....

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Because Lennon thinks they have better alternatives? 
Yeah he still scores nearly 1 every 2 games, probably better given he’s usually coming off the bench. 

There is your answer.  Lennon (and Clarke) have better alternatives.  He can come on for 20 minutes a week.  Some job!!

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Are you playing with a full deck of cards you fucking idiot? Look at his scoring ratio since joining Celtic. Who knows what is going on with Griff and Lennon. I will tell you this though Mr fucking know it all. Scotland or Celtic, and we need to score, I would bet my mortgage on the " one trick pony" as you have labelled him... Its not even the New Year, and you have apparantly written Celtic off. Now careful what you wish for. Now go and have another Glenlivet. All the best RH....

It is not me that drops him every week for Celtic or for Scotland kid so don't blame me.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Celtic I’ll give you but not Scotland. Pretty much the England game aside he’s been an empty jersey for Scotland. 

45 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Probably means he's got about a fortnight then. :lol: Gives them time to line up a replacement. I think big Yogi is still available. 

Hopefully that’s true. I’m scared we end up with him once we sack the dullest man alive. 

30 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Celtic I’ll give you but not Scotland. Pretty much the England game aside he’s been an empty jersey for Scotland. 

Honest question then mate. A fully fit Griff, match on the line, who do you put your faith in? 🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Every time I hear Celtic fans now sing you will never walk alone I will think of Lennon.  Rangers fans are no angels but would never turn on one of their own the way they have.  We can all criticise on social media but for thousands to turn out at Celtic Park and injure policemen and chant the vile things at the team and their manager is disgusting.  You will never walk alone?  Lennon should do a Mo Johnston and take his family to USA and get away from that bile.  Faithful through and through my erse.

26 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

There's a whole new generation of Celtic fan who have known nothing but success domestically and seem to be struggling to come to terms with not winning everything going.

TBF, the same thing happened with Rangers in the late 90s and 2000s.   Those people who remember the late 70s and early 80s - imho - tended to be a bit more philosophical.

44 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

There's a whole new generation of Celtic fan who have known nothing but success domestically and seem to be struggling to come to terms with not winning everything going.

I can't speak to the motivation of those who were there on Sunday and certainly not defending any of the behaviour that might have gone on, but the discord definitely runs a lot deeper than that. 

Are Lawwell and the board happy to have Lennon as a shield to protect them, to an extent, for resting on their laurels and not spending big enough or wisely enough to win 10 in a row?

Although if Jack Ross is the best alternative they can find then no wonder they're sticking with Lennon.

Edited by wee-toon-red