The Mighty Celtic... - Page 149 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

Great to see a Celtic collapse, given their dominance of our game for the past decade. 

I can't see Lennon lasting much further beyond their upcoming humping by Milan on Thursday. However, if he does, they've 3 very winnable home league games and a cup final vs a championship side to build up some momentum. 

Rangers will have a dip at some point I'm sure, whether Celtic will be in a position to take advantage of it is another matter. 

Neil Lennon was the wrong appointment - a lazy appointment. Never go back is a well-used phrase in football and it nearly always turns out true.

When Rodgers left the board lacked the imagination for a forward thinking manager with fresh ideas and they felt not much was needed at that time anyway given the lack of competition to them.

Time for imagination from the Celtic board.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Turning it around could be out of anyone’s hands. I’m sure I heard during last week, if rangers keep winning, they’ll be something like 17 or 18 points ahead before the next derby. 

That’s a massive gap, even with games in hand, it’s always better to have the points in the bag rather than knowing you’ve to play for them later, the league may very well be over by 6pm on January 2nd. 

Another way to look at it is, if Rangers lose one game then Celtic are only 2 points behind, if they win their games in hand. The league is never won before New Year.

27 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Neil Lennon was the wrong appointment - a lazy appointment. Never go back is a well-used phrase in football and it nearly always turns out true.

When Rodgers left the board lacked the imagination for a forward thinking manager with fresh ideas and they felt not much was needed at that time anyway given the lack of competition to them.

Time for imagination from the Celtic board.

Aye, he's only won about 5 trophies since he came back. Pretty shit really.

32 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Another way to look at it is, if Rangers lose one game then Celtic are only 2 points behind, if they win their games in hand. The league is never won before New Year.

Yeah, but it’s a big IF at the moment and the pressure will be ridiculous to win them. I don’t think they’re scheduled to play the COVID affected games and Scottish cup final missed game until we’ll after new year. 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Google Maps works well for "piers" in and about the Aberdeen area if you were not aware...

I don’t need google maps, I could find piers all over MY country, somewhere I’ll never turn my back on, unlike others who think their opinion counts in a foreign land, it doesn’t, no one cares what an ex pat thinks 👍🏽

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I don’t need google maps, I could find piers all over MY country, somewhere I’ll never turn my back on, unlike others who think their opinion counts in a foreign land, it doesn’t, no one cares what an ex pat thinks 👍🏽

Easy tiger or I’ll be forced to mention last Friday Night 😂

12 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Listen bawheid. I have been a Scotsman longer than you. I have been supporing Scotland longer than you. I have been supporting my club team longer than you. I have been on this board longer than you.. I was watching Scotland when you were shittin in yir napee.. Put that in yir pipe and smoke it... 

17 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

What a weird thing to say.

Sean Connery was an ex pat.

Hands up who didn't care what he thought.

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Listen bawheid. I have been a Scotsman longer than you. I have been supporing Scotland longer than you. I have been supporting my club team longer than you. I have been on this board longer than you.. I was watching Scotland when you were shittin in yir napee.. Put that in yir pipe and smoke it... 

Ignore him.

He's just picking on you because he thinks he can get a rise out of you.

He tried it with me, then quickly realizes he wouldn't get anywhere. What an exhilarating 2 seconds that was.

6 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Easy tiger or I’ll be forced to mention last Friday Night 😂

What happened on Friday night?

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

personal abuse

Reported

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

Ignore him.

He tried it with me, then quickly realizes he wouldn't get anywhere. What an exhilarating 2 seconds that was.

Tried it with you? I don’t even know who you are? Have we had any correspondence before?

51 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, he's only won about 5 trophies since he came back. Pretty shit really.

Come on. Even a senile 80-year-old ex-Celtic manager would have kept trophies rolling in given the squad there. Anyway the point is, if I were a Celtic fan I'd have seen the warning signs and they are now on their worst run in over 60 years results-wise. Can you see things improving for them? I can't whilst Lennon is there.

3 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Ignore him.

No picking on me mate. I'm fae Glasgow, nae cnut picks on me.. 💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Great to see a Celtic collapse, given their dominance of our game for the past decade. 

I can't see Lennon lasting much further beyond their upcoming humping by Milan on Thursday. However, if he does, they've 3 very winnable home league games and a cup final vs a championship side to build up some momentum. 

Rangers will have a dip at some point I'm sure, whether Celtic will be in a position to take advantage of it is another matter. 

Their next league game is against st. Johnstone who haven't lost in 10 games. Who's last defeat was a 2 nil against Celtic when they conceded 2 90+ minute goals. 

Given Celtics current form, I think there is a half decent chance they could drop points against St. Johnstone.

A stubborn turgid Killie in the next game isn't an easy game either when you are off form.

I would still expect them to win but they aren't easy games, especially when you are off form.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You have completely lost your marbles. Do you enjoy Chianti and fava beans by chance ya fuckin nutcase?

Ramy, I love ye ma pal.  But the Celtic supporters imo are bang out of order regarding Lennon.  Including yourself.  That man has put his heart and soul in to your club.  I remember seeing the Goon Brigade supporting him with their banners saying the Lennon you will never walk alone.  What the fuck will Lennon be thinking now.  Thousands of lying cunts.  I would be walk away tomorrow if I was him. I am a Rangers supporter  but disgusted with how Celtic supporters have treated a Celtic hero.  And he is one.  Player and manager.  Stand on.  You will never walk alone.  That will give me a chuckle every time I hear that now.  And maybe Gerrard seeing that is a Liverpool song 👉