The Mighty Celtic... - Page 143 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

38 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Was it the spray painting that upset you ? 

It doesn’t upset me, I just think it’s scumbag behaviour. I assume these guys give Bitton dogs abuse when he pulls on the hoops? Or is that ok because it doesn’t fit their motive? Clueless wankers that have no idea what they’re protesting against. 

23 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It doesn’t upset me, I just think it’s scumbag behaviour. I assume these guys give Bitton dogs abuse when he pulls on the hoops? Or is that ok because it doesn’t fit their motive? Clueless wankers that have no idea what they’re protesting against. 

They are exactly the kind of Celtic fan who voted No in 2014 for two reasons:

1: You Scots brutally oppress us (how exactly ?)

2: It'll stop us getting into the English Premier League (keep dreaming lads, they don't want you now or ever)

Edited by ErsatzThistle

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Congratulations to all the Rangers supporters on this board. Better side won today. No excuses. Enjoy the day lads....

Not being flippant Ramy.  Just listened to Lennon post match.  You had major players out today and that would affect any team.  I have argued on here that he is the man for the job mate.  Rangers had a full strength team out and Celtic never.  That is not the fault of Lennon imo.  So dont throw him under a bus just yet.  As I said earlier, who would you get to replace him.  IMO that would further jeapordise 10 iar for you guys.  Anyhoo, on my third Glenlivet and will celebrate the win.  Stand on pal.

So Lennon sais there is a "mole" I  the club now who leaked the lineup. Covid and players not being up for it? Always finds a fuckin excuse this man. Blaming everyone but himself. Maybe come out with the truth and say you were outclassed, out managed, and outplayed in every area of the park.. What an utter embarrassment to my  club he is. You cannot win football matches playing side to side football. Try putting the right players in the proper positions and match your opposition tactically..  Rant over..

Surprised at how easy it was yesterday even with the missing players for Celtic. Gerrard certainly seems to have Lennon’s number tactically at the moment however we’ve been here before and seen it fall off a cliff so it’s up to the players to prove they’ve learned from last seasons (and the season before!) mistakes. The Old Firm game at Ibrox at New Year could be pivotal now. 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So, Lennon says there is a mole at the club, who leaked the lineup. 

Im not a Rangers fan, so may be wrong here, but Rangers play the same system every single game, maybe a minor tactical tweak, but its pretty but a constant. Celtics lineup or tactics wouldn't have mattered a jot.

I agree with you, its a poor excuse from a beleaguered man.

I've just been reading on twitter quite a few rather intellectually challenged Celtic supporters blaming Scotland for tiring their players out and wanting their club to stop releasing them for Scotland games. A few thoughts if I may ...

• Only McGregor and Taylor played for Scotland during the international break. And Taylor only played one game. 
  • They curiously did not criticise any other nation who had Celtic players playing for their national teams recently.
  • Andy Considine, John McGinn and Scott McTominay played a lot of football during the recent international break and yet upon returning to action with their clubs this weekend - all three played well and showed no sign of fatigue.
  • Just try and stop us calling up your players. The subsequent fine and potential suspension from European football imposed by UEFA would be hilarious. Oh, and we'd still get the players for the internationals anyway.

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I've just been reading on twitter quite a few rather intellectually challenged Celtic supporters blaming Scotland for tiring their players out and wanting their club to stop releasing them for Scotland games. A few thoughts if I may ...

• Only McGregor and Taylor played for Scotland during the international break. And Taylor only played one game. 
  • They curiously did not criticise any other nation who had Celtic players playing for their national teams recently.
  • Andy Considine, John McGinn and Scott McTominay played a lot of football during the recent international break and yet upon returning to action with their clubs this weekend - all three played well and showed no sign of fatigue.
  • Just try and stop us calling up your players. The subsequent fine and potential suspension from European football imposed by UEFA would be hilarious. Oh, and we'd still get the players for the internationals anyway.

Theye should be looking at their balloon knot manager. They didnt have a problem with international call ups when they strolled to 9 in a row but now they do.

Morons

Edited by vanderark14

Am I the only one on here sticking up for Lennon?  He answered the call after Rogers left and won the treble. Football fans have short memories.  The greatest fans in the world bood Fergus Mcann.  He saved the club from extinction by 1 hour.  And yet they bood him.  Lennon deserves better than that imo.  Canny believe as a Rangers fan I am sticking up for Lennon but hate to see a man who has given his all for one club get turned on by so called fans who stick by their own.

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Am I the only one on here sticking up for Lennon?  He answered the call after Rogers left and won the treble. Football fans have short memories.  The greatest fans in the world bood Fergus Mcann.  He saved the club from extinction by 1 hour.  And yet they bood him.  Lennon deserves better than that imo.  Canny believe as a Rangers fan I am sticking up for Lennon but hate to see a man who has given his all for one club get turned on by so called fans who stick by their own.

I would imagine all rangers fans would stick up for lennon

50 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

I would imagine all rangers fans would stick up for lennon

Aye you are probably right.  My point though is that football fans (especially on here) want rid of the manager when things arent going great.  Every Dons fan on here wanted McIness to go a few months ago for example.  I think he is doing a great job under pressure from the fans and financially.  Nobody on here yet has told me who Celtic would replace Lennon with.  As an outsider I think the Board and the Biscuit Tin spring to mind for players.  Lennon is being hung out to dry.

15 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye you are probably right.  My point though is that football fans (especially on here) want rid of the manager when things arent going great.  Every Dons fan on here wanted McIness to go a few months ago for example.  I think he is doing a great job under pressure from the fans and financially.  Nobody on here yet has told me who Celtic would replace Lennon with.  As an outsider I think the Board and the Biscuit Tin spring to mind for players.  Lennon is being hung out to dry.

Why is mcinnes doing a great job? 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Why is mcinnes doing a great job? 

I think under the pressures now he is VA.  My main point is that we are all too quick to get rid if things arent going well.  I will ask you the same question as I have of the tims.  Who would you replace him with?  A foreign manager with no idea of how Scottish football works?  Alex McLeish?