The Mighty Celtic... - Page 134 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

4 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I’d say it’s 2-0 despite his selection rather than because of it. Since the strikers came on it’s been far better. Please can he bin this Levein-esque nonsense once and for all now?

Totally agree mate. Maybe he will actually stay with this.. Then again, this NL we are talking about..

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Totally agree mate. Maybe he will actually stay with this.. Then again, this NL we are talking about..

Well the second half has shown that this no striker business is nonsense. If he’s changed it at half time on Wednesday we might still be in the CL.

But you’re right, it’s Lennon we’re talking about and he’s thrawn as fuck.

1 minute ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Well the second half has shown that this no striker business is nonsense. If he’s changed it at half time on Wednesday we might still be in the CL.

But you’re right, it’s Lennon we’re talking about and he’s thrawn as fuck.

I honestly dont know what goes on in his head at times. When it works, he fucks with it. Who starts with a midfield player up front on his own at home when you have 2 strikers sitting on the bench. I don't know mate.. Anyhoo, hopefully he realizes this is the way forward..

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I honestly dont know what goes on in his head at times. When it works, he fucks with it. Who starts with a midfield player up front on his own at home when you have 2 strikers sitting on the bench. I don't know mate.. Anyhoo, hopefully he realizes this is the way forward..

Christ I hope so. Otherwise I genuinely believe that Rangers will stop 10IAR.

4 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Maybe this is a dumb question but if the game isn’t live on TV why was it scheduled for Sunday? Was it practice for Europa league games?

You’re right, it’s not a dumb question, it’s a downright fucking ignorant one. 

Motherwell were playing europa league on Thursday, so believe it or not, the whole world doesn’t revolve around Celtic. 

Hardly unexpected for a Celtic fan to have their head so far up their own arse that they don’t know any better though, so you’re excused. 

19 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Motherwell were playing europa league on Thursday, so believe it or not, the whole world doesn’t revolve around Celtic. 

Hardly unexpected for a Celtic fan to have their head so far up their own arse that they don’t know any better though, so you’re excused. 

Okay, steady on. I’d forgotten about Motherwell being in Europa league this season and I hadn’t seen any of the Europa League games results this week due to being otherwise engaged.

My world doesn’t revolve around football and I’ve seen precious little, barely even results, apart from trying to keep tabs on the Celtic and Ross County games.

No need for personal abuse.

2 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Okay, steady on. I’d forgotten about Motherwell being in Europa league this season and I hadn’t seen any of the Europa League games results this week due to being otherwise engaged.

My world doesn’t revolve around football and I’ve seen precious little, barely even results, apart from trying to keep tabs on the Celtic and Ross County games.

No need for personal abuse.

It wasn’t personal abuse, it was more rounded to the majority of Celtic fans, dont take it so personally. 

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It wasn’t personal abuse, it was more rounded to the majority of Celtic fans, dont take it so personally. 

You’re right, it’s not a dumb question, it’s a downright fucking ignorant one.” along with suggesting my head is “so far up” my own arse wouldn’t exactly be described as complimentary. Both sound fairly abusive in my book.

But I’ll accept you didn’t mean it to come across as abusive, on account of the fact you’ve generally come across as a fairly decent poster over the years.

But please remember not all Celtic fans live in a wee green bubble (and not all Rangers ones live in a wee blue one either) and many of us football fans have a lot more going on in our lives than football - I for one have virtually no time to sacrifice to football at the moment and it’s easy to lose track of what’s going on. Half the games this season I haven’t even realised Celtic were playing until I saw the result.

👍

Edited by DaveyDenoon

48 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I do not for a second believe Davey meant any harm with his question. Calm down..

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

One mention of dumb, ignorant & a Celtic fan, then look who pops along 🙄

Not going down that road again with you, but no need to insult people or generalise supporters. Davey seems a good lad, and because he supports the club you hate, you had a pop at him. Not acceptable behavior on this thread, ir on this board..  Please follow the rules accordingly. The board has been great the last couple of weeks and we would like to keep it that way.. Thank you ...

18 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Not going down that road again with you, but no need to insult people or generalise supporters. Davey seems a good lad, and because he supports the club you hate, you had a pop at him. Not acceptable behavior on this thread, ir on this board..  Please follow the rules accordingly. The board has been great the last couple of weeks and we would like to keep it that way.. Thank you ...

Aye, ok dad. 

Maybe best you just don’t communicate with me, as you’re right, it’s been great without you slavering pish all over the board. 

Can you see a link at all?

18 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Aye, ok dad. 

Maybe best you just don’t communicate with me, as you’re right, it’s been great without you slavering pish all over the board. 

Can you see a link at all?

Just do not insult any Celtic lads, it's an open board for free discussion,  and there will be no issues.. Its very simple. You take care now.. 

19 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just do not insult any Celtic lads, it's an open board for free discussion,  and there will be no issues.. Its very simple. You take care now.. 

Correct. 

It’s an open board for free discussion, so don’t you tell me what I can or can’t post. 

I’ll decide, not you. 

ps

“Just do not insult any Celtic lads“ 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by dandydunn

14 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

If Lennon is not binned then 10 in a row will not happen.

Lennon (or more accurately the board’s continued penny pinching) will cost Celtic the biggest achievement in the club’s history.

If there’s unrest at any club on the verge of the biggest moment in their history

You view the potential "ten" in a row as bigger than winning the European Cup? 

2 hours ago, Mitre said:

I’d be very surprised if any Celtic supporter viewed 10 in a row as being a bigger achievement than being crowned European Champions.

3 hours ago, Mitre said:

That's a fair point, actually. Although it was much different back then and a win nowadays would trump it enormously (which we know will never happen again) that will likely always remain the clubs biggest achievement. But there's no question TIAR would be up there and not too far behind.

So let's call it the clubs second greatest ever achievement - if it happens. But my point about Lennon jeopardising it still stands. 👍

8 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Brilliant! Just in time to defend long balls in a crucial Champions League qualifi...Doh!

What? We need cover in that position, Duffy is perfect for that role, and he has come out and said he wants to play for Celtic. To be honest, I dont give a flying fuck about Europa league this campaign. I want to secure 10IAR... We can worry about CL next season, all that matters this season is 10IAR....

On 8/30/2020 at 3:46 PM, DaveyDenoon said:

I said it when he was appointed, I said it halfway through last season and I’m saying it again now. He is not the right man for the job. If Lennon is not binned then 10 in a row will not happen.

Lennon (or more accurately the board’s continued penny pinching) will cost Celtic the biggest achievement in the club’s history.

If there’s unrest at any club on the verge of the biggest moment in their history, as club that has dominated and won the last ten domestic trophies then you have to ask why. Something is not right and it’s highly likely to be down to the manager.

He has got to go.

10 in a row better than winning the European Cup, you are having a laugh.