The Mighty Celtic... - Page 103 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

They don't even see how bad it looks from outside the bubble. Similar to when a relationship goes badly wrong and they start using their own kids as a weapon. It is a gradual thing so they don't see it happening.

On social media, i reckon it will pop up on at least 90% of ‘football’ threads when either club is mentioned. Thats a massively high rate of rip roaring arseholes. .  

On 7/10/2020 at 12:02 AM, Dave78 said:

I saw your complaint, and deleted it. Considered sanctioning you for wasting the mods (my) time, but decided to give you a reprieve.

:P

Well you should have just deleted it then (or not posted it in the first place) as it was poor taste and offensive. Do you not know know what that guy did? Very odd material to be making into jokes IMHO... Which is why personally I think it was meant as much as a smear as a joke. Judging by your replies to me I obviously don't agree with your (I guess 'woke') politics so in your mind it is ok to make a Brevik comparison (as a 'joke'). Given what he did... what planet are you living on where that is acceptable. 

Anyway I did not want you penalized (as I said on the thread I thought it was probably meant as a poor taste 'joke') I just wanted it removed. We obviously see this differently so I'd appreciate if you can just keep me out of your posts in future.

45 minutes ago, thplinth said:

They don't even see how bad it looks from outside the bubble. Similar to when a relationship goes badly wrong and they start using their own kids as a weapon. It is a gradual thing so they don't see it happening.

Agreed Thplinth..  It is childish ( not being funny)  and an argument of the last resort.   I cringe when I see a rangers fan on here mention it I really do.  Which isn't very often on here. btw.  This is the only site I visit apart from FB so cant comment on others but I can imagine.  Cringeworthy stuff.

On 7/10/2020 at 7:56 AM, thplinth said:

Says the tragic hun that brought up the celtic boys club on the Epstein thread just because a celtic fan made a post.

Nice bait and grass maneuver through... just like the old days.

I'm still waiting. 

Thplinth accused me of being a tragic hun. Lie.

Bringing up the Celtic boys club. Lie.

Baiting and grassing Ramy. Lie. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Well you should have just deleted it then (or not posted it in the first place) as it was poor taste and offensive.

For the avoidance of doubt, i am not a mod. That was a joke.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Do you not know know what that guy did? Very odd material to be making into jokes IMHO... Which is why personally I think it was meant as much as a smear as a joke

Yes i knew what he did. IIRC, the joke was in a post about my belief that TAMBers would get on well if we were all on a Scotland trip sitting in a pub together, and not in lockdown typing pish into our computers. The joke was based around my perception of you as an argumentative guy, firmly on the right of today's politics, and the idea that you might suddenly 'lose it'. 

I'm sorry you found that offensive, and won't make the same mistake again now that i know where you draw the line. 

As for it being a smear rather than a joke... If i had meant to smear you i wouldn't have tagged you in it thereby deliberately drawing your attention to it. I'd have tried to be more underhand.

Judging by your replies to me I obviously don't agree with your (I guess 'woke') politics so in your mind it is ok to make a Brevik comparison (as a 'joke'). 

Interesting, i've never thought of myself as being woke. I'm fairly sure i've made posts criticizing today's culture of identity politics. Can i ask what makes you think that?

Given what he did... what planet are you living on where that is acceptable

If i call someone who is obsessed with other forum members using correct punctuation/spelling a 'grammar nazi', would they be justified in reporting me to the mods, crying that i'm making unacceptable comparisons with yer actual nazis?

All seems a bit snowflakey.

I am not sure why you find it hard to see why I find it offensive. For example the only person I would use to compare to what Anders Brevik did would be Thomas Hamilton. Would you have used him as 'joke'. "I am a bit worried Dave78 might be slipping into his Scoutmaster uniform, polishing his six shooter and heading down to his local primary one class to off a bunch of 5 year olds... lol". I don't think you can really make a joke out of folk like this because who is not going to be offended with being equated with someone like that. Like I said at the time the guy killed a heap of kids in cold blood (and a heap more barely out of their childhood). So I find it poor taste and offensive to be equated with him under any circumstances.

And as for being right of centre. Fucking yawn. That just what you say for me disagreeing with the far left on here. It is not the same thing. I am actually apolitical apart for a spell supporting the SNP and independence. But that is how it is now. Anyone who opposes the mentalness of the 'progressive' woke far left is immediately smeared as alt-right, a fascist, a nazi. So I suppose this 'humour' is just another manifestation of it... it has become normal to you, you don't even see why it might be offensive..

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I am not sure why you find it hard to see why I find it offensive. For example the only person I would use to compare to what Anders Brevik did would be Thomas Hamilton. Would you have used him as 'joke'. "I am a bit worried Dave78 might be slipping into his Scoutmaster uniform, polishing his six shooter and heading down to his local primary one class to off a bunch of 5 year olds... lol". I don't think you can really make a joke out of folk like this because who is not going to be offended with being equated with someone like that. Like I said at the time the guy killed a heap of kids in cold blood (and a heap more barely out of their childhood). So I find it poor taste and offensive to be equated with him under any circumstances.

And as for being right of centre. Fucking yawn. That just what you say for me disagreeing with the far left on here. It is not the same thing. I am actually apolitical apart for a spell supporting the SNP and independence. But that is how it is now. Anyone who opposes the mentalness of the 'progressive' woke far left is immediately smeared as alt-right, a fascist, a nazi. So I suppose this 'humour' is just another manifestation of it... it has become normal to you, you don't even see why it might be offensive..

I think this is kind of crazy. Dave78 is one of the better posters on here and is certainly not deliberately offensive or antagonistic or anything. I’ve seen ‘jokes’ on almost every topic on here, some quite beyond the pale from my own perspective, some I’ve thought simply tasteless. This was fairly innocuous and quite obviously tongue-in-cheek. Dave has pointed this out and explained. Your reaction is a bit weird. Let it go. Its as if no point can be conceded, even in the face of a perfectly acceptable explanation.

This place, man.

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It’s like Jon Venables backing up Robert Thompson all over again...

Lighten up Duncan. :wave:

Hey, I don’t need to lighten up. Just thought you were a bit angry for no reason. Appreciate the wave though. It could be sarcastic but I’m taking it as a friendly wave. Although it could also be construed as a Michael Jackson-like gloved hand, which definitely is in bad taste. I’m grassing you.

At last.  A lightening of the mood.  If we were in a pub abroad just now we would all be having a laugh, a joke and a sing song.  Bloody key boards!!  Anybody remember my last user name?

And before anybody says it, it wasn't Rick with a silent P.

Edited by Rolling hIlls

Hats off... the smiley gang move like a well oiled Rotherham grooming gang.

Ramy is in the clink for two weeks thanks to Bonzo and his merry men so we may as well run amok on his thread.

Unless any of you Charles Manson sympathizers are particularly keen to get it back on the topic of The Mighty Celtic.

(Over to you Bozo...)

Edited by thplinth

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Hats off... the smiley gang move like a well oiled Rotherham grooming gang.

Ramy is in the clink for two weeks thanks to Bonzo and his merry men so we may as well run amok on his thread.

Unless any of you Charles Manson sympathizers are particularly keen to get it back on the topic of The Mighty Celtic.

(Over to you Bozo...)

George McLuskey, a good player. Couldn’t dislodge Frank McGarvey latterly, though, and had to move on.

Celtic in the early ‘80s were good to watch.