The Mighty Celtic... - Page 101 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Back with my Glenlivet.  What's been happening?  Oh, child abuse.  Good subject for a football board.  I will stay away from this one.  I don't know who started it but shouldn't be anywhere near here.

And there it is, Ive finally agreed with this 🎈

Ramy is a mystery, sometimes he seems almost normal, other times he seems like a complete and utter numpty with an IQ of about 70, Ive never seen someone so utterly incapable of sensing someone take the piss, making a joke or just having a laugh. His love of Celtic is dubious, its simply not normal for an adult to behave or react the way he does about a football team, especially one thousands of miles away.

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Ramy is a mystery, sometimes he seems almost normal, other times he seems like a complete and utter numpty with an IQ of about 70, Ive never seen someone so utterly incapable of sensing someone take the piss, making a joke or just having a laugh. His love of Celtic is dubious, its simply not normal for an adult to behave or react the way he does about a football team, especially one thousands of miles away.

He wears his heart on his sleeve and is from Scotland Kumnio.  His love of Celtic for a grown man is a bit dubious mind.  But he is up front and honest.  And I like that.

16 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

He wears his heart on his sleeve and is from Scotland Kumnio.  His love of Celtic for a grown man is a bit dubious mind.  But he is up front and honest.  And I like that.

Thats the TAMB equivalent of people saying "I like Donald Trump, he tells it like it is"

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

100% agree, which to me is kind of funny. The flip side to that is, his personality is so obvious it makes the blatant digs to provoke him at almost every turn, by the usual suspects even more snide. Its like the saps at school, picking on the thick kid then laugh when he finally snaps and starts banging a ruler over his own head. 

7 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

100% agree, which to me is kind of funny. The flip side to that is, his personality is so obvious it makes the blatant digs to provoke him at almost every turn, by the usual suspects even more snide. Its like the saps at school, picking on the thick kid then laugh when he finally snaps and starts banging a ruler over his own head. 

Totally agree about the usual suspect/suspects on here with there snide remarks, which is a reason myself and most likely others hardly ever post on here nowadays. It has got well past the boring stage.

The same people then moan that this board is dying out but fail to see that they are a big part of that problem.

Agree with this.  I don't think its as bad as made out though.  Its dying a bit just now because of the lack of football.  Once it starts back the slagging will begin.  Let it be good natured please everybody.  That along with the political and economic along with current affairs will keep the board interesting.  Stand on.

Why was Ramy banned ? I thought it was perhaps due to the squabbling on the Epstein thread but the other person is still posting. If Ramy was banned then so should he. 
Was it something that was posted on this thread  that has now been removed ? I rarely come on here but can see nothing over the last few pages that would warrant a 2 week ban. 

41 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Why was Ramy banned ? I thought it was perhaps due to the squabbling on the Epstein thread but the other person is still posting. If Ramy was banned then so should he. 
Was it something that was posted on this thread  that has now been removed ? I rarely come on here but can see nothing over the last few pages that would warrant a 2 week ban. 

That’s how the mods work on here. Ban who they want and keep others. Same happened to me last year hen I was disputing with Trolling Hills and someone else about something. I got a ban and others else was off Scot free, I probably supported the wrong club. Ramy was out of order on that thread, but not 2 weeks out of order, as was the other balloon he was biting to. 

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

That’s how the mods work on here. Ban who they want and keep others. Same happened to me last year hen I was disputing with Trolling Hills and someone else about something. I got a ban and others else was off Scot free, I probably supported the wrong club. Ramy was out of order on that thread, but not 2 weeks out of order, as was the other balloon he was biting to. 

Aye two weeks is excessive. I said something to :VA  and meant to put a smiley at end but posted before I realised. Got 3 days in the sin bin and rightly so. First thing i did when back on was to apologise to him. A wee spell there doesn't hurt but no 2 weeks. I see the guy he was arguing with didnt get anything. Well. The board has to reflect Scottish Football! C'mon mods. We demand a shorter sentence. Even prisoners get early release for good behaviour  😗

14 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye two weeks is excessive. I said something to :VA  and meant to put a smiley at end but posted before I realised. Got 3 days in the sin bin and rightly so. First thing i did when back on was to apologise to him. A wee spell there doesn't hurt but no 2 weeks. I see the guy he was arguing with didnt get anything. Well. The board has to reflect Scottish Football! C'mon mods. We demand a shorter sentence. Even prisoners get early release for good behaviour  😗

Read the rules of the board RH, I thought you'd know them by now 🙂

12. Complaint threads are dull to read – especially for those not involved. This also covers discussion regarding bans/edits/deletions. “Bring back” or “Free…” threads will be locked at moderators’ discretion. Any discussions of moderator decisions should be done off-board by PM.

I've been back to that Epstein thread and can't really see why either would be banned. Rocket deliberately poked Ramy with a stick and Ramy reacted like he expected. Don't think he said anything too bad but the rules say:

1. The moderators' decisions are final.
2. Respect your fellow board members, even when they don't deserve it.
3. Abusive language and / or threats directed at fellow board members will not be tolerated.

and also

14. In the event of any doubt, refer to Rule 1.

11 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

I’m very guilty of that at times 🙁.

If he learned how to have a laugh and interact, he would be ok. But you’re right, people poke the kitten waiting for it to piss itself, then laugh. 

This is fascinating stuff.  I am doing everything I can to put off going out to garden and do the hedges.  But you are right TT.  Mods put up with a lot so their decision should be final.  Maybe if Scottish Football had a body with a rule like that we would be better off.  No appeals just like it or lump it.

5 hours ago, kumnio said:

I’m very guilty of that at times 🙁.

If he learned how to have a laugh and interact, he would be ok. But you’re right, people poke the kitten waiting for it to piss itself, then laugh. 

When did Ramy go to Canada, if he has been there donkeys years he may not pick on some of the scottish banter. Sometimes it is quite difficult to work out if someone is being serious or joking when conversation is in written form, especially if you have been brought up in Canada. Maybe he is misinterpreting things. Perhaps that is why he uses emojis all the time.  
Either way, I dont think he should have been banned and certainly not without the other person being banned too. 

I dont really like talking about someone when they are not here , so Ramy , if you are watching, I hope you are feeling the ❤️😁

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿