The Mighty Celtic... - Page 87 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

46 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That must’ve been a sore one for Rangers. They can’t have gone into an OF game as favourites for about 8 managers.

It wasnt exactly a surprise and i can only imagine they were slight bookies favourites due to home advantage

There is very little between the two of them but Celtic still have the edge and i expect that will be shown in the next game at Celtic Park

Rotating two strikers, neither of whom are really good enough for games against Celtic, was always going to be an issue.

They are good enough for the rest of the SPL cannon fodder but it's been Rangers problem for a while now

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It wasnt exactly a surprise and i can only imagine they were slight bookies favourites due to home advantage

There is very little between the two of them but Celtic still have the edge and i expect that will be shown in the next game at Celtic Park

Rotating two strikers, neither of whom are really good enough for games against Celtic, was always going to be an issue.

They are good enough for the rest of the SPL cannon fodder but it's been Rangers problem for a while now

Morelos appears to have screwed the nut a bit, and Rangers appear to have largely sorted the discipline problem they had last season.

Perhaps losing that edge has helped Celtic yesterday?

Last season Rangers could battle out a 1-0 win or lose the plot and get pumped.

I think Rangers are slightly better and Celtic slightly worse than last season, but Celtic are still way ahead when they turn up.

15 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Morelos appears to have screwed the nut a bit, and Rangers appear to have largely sorted the discipline problem they had last season.

That was noticeable yesterday, there was a moment you could see he could've retaliated to something, probably thought about it too, and decided to walk away.  A similar thing on Thursday when things were kicking off a bit after the final whistle against Legia, Morelos kept himself well away from it all.  I wasn't convinced he'd be able to change that aspect of his game going by last season's incidents but so far this season it does look like something he has worked hard on - I'm not sure McGregor will have cut out the little kick outs and afters though and that could still be costly.

(Sorry, this isn't really on topic for the thread :) )

21 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Perhaps losing that edge has helped Celtic yesterday?

Last season Rangers could battle out a 1-0 win or lose the plot and get pumped.

I think Rangers are slightly better and Celtic slightly worse than last season, but Celtic are still way ahead when they turn up.

He was still guilty of his petulance. Standing on Big Jules foot the cunt. He’s an arse of a human.

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:02 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Mon the Hoops. Always tough away at Aberdeen. COYBIG....

Was talking to your pal Billy in the Brass before the Killie game on Saturday mate.

Sad circumstances but he was on good form! That's 2 out 2 wins he'd had since he got back, hopefully make it a hat trick on Wednesday before he flies back to Canada!

On 10/28/2019 at 5:05 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Was talking to your pal Billy in the Brass before the Killie game on Saturday mate.

Sad circumstances but he was on good form! That's 2 out 2 wins he'd had since he got back, hopefully make it a hat trick on Wednesday before he flies back to Canada!

Nice one mate..Aye, spoke wae Billy before he left. Sad time for him, he was very  lose to his Dad Robert, whom I met a few times. Glad he went to the football, get his mind of it a wee bit. Cheers for letting me know SH. 

13 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Nice one mate..Aye, spoke wae Billy before he left. Sad time for him, he was very  lose to his Dad Robert, whom I met a few times. Glad he went to the football, get his mind of it a wee bit. Cheers for letting me know SH. 

Aye, he's going again tonight to FP so i'll pass on your regards if I see him.