The Mighty Celtic... - Page 85 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

We got a late dodgy penalty in a 3-3 end of season dead rubber at Ibrox. Jamie Murphy dive. We also got a 50/50 throw in when we were 4-0 down in 1996.

😛

I agree with this.

Rangers and Celtic definitely get way more decisions in their favour than any other team though. I’m sure there will be all sorts of psychology etc. to back that up.

There is no consequences to giving a poor decision against Motherwell or St Johnstone. We’ve never forced a referee strike, hired PI’s, put in a refs windows....

Historically as the establishment team Rangers would’ve got more, but in the modern world I don’t think that’s the case.

The number of red card challenges that Motherwell players get away with against us is unreal. 😉

I think fans do remember dodgy decisions that go in their favour, they just don't admit it. 😁

36 minutes ago, aaid said:

I guess the problem would be that because so many people in Scotland support either Rangers or Celtic you'd struggle to get a referee to take any of their games - and don't forget the allegation here is that Beaton is biased against Celtic because he's a Rangers fan means that you can't have a referee who is a fan of either team handling games involving either side.

Then even if you had a referee who said they supported Brechin City it would be "Aye but who do you really support?" 

Spot on. I have a friend who supports Partick and is so tired of the "who do you really support" question he pretends not to hear it. If you answer "pardon" enough times apparently even the morons fuck off. 😂

1 hour ago, Mox said:

When did The Green Brigade mention anything about our loyal support being taken for granted? 

This stance that everyone and their gran seems to have taken that we are spoiled just because we are questioning the way the club is being run is truly laughable. I'm delighted we have sections of our support who voice their opinions and strive for us to do better, even in times of unrivalled success, otherwise if something did go wrong you're sitting on your hands and before you know it your club doesn't exist anymore.

I find it very strange that fans of any club would question anybody's else desire for their club to improve, it's very, very strange.

Maybe not the GB with the support being taken for granted but certainly seen plenty from Celtic fans insinuating that.

I've no issues with fans wanting what's best for their club, I just find it funny when you hear Celtic fans (not saying you are like this BTW) claiming they've this 60,000 loyal support that support through thick and thin, , yet the first sign of shite results (Delia years) 10,000-,+ disappear like snow of a dyke.

That said, growing up, Celtic's hardcore home support was 30,000-35.000. It's probably just inflated by success then goes back down to a more natural level in more testing times. I've said it before but the Rodgers affect massively swelled the Celtic match going support. Look at Semi Final tickets even now for example - hard as fuck to get, whereas under Lennon (first time) and Delia they went on public sale and never sold out.

If I was a Celtic, I'd have been livid that Lennon was appointed boss. and the fact he's wasted the money he's spent so far it seems. Lawelll appointing him could be a massive OG. Big couple of weeks I'd think, as I can't see Rangers losing at Ibrox (stick money on away win now!)

43 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

That's because as a Rangers fan I am still waiting for a dodgy decision to go in our favour 😋

At least you can acknowledge the ludicrousness of the suggestion Rangers get nothing.

I’m finding more and more with Rangers fans I know, who are otherwise rational intelligent guys that they are buying into this paranoia that the whole world is out to get them.

As a fan of a diddy team it’s laughable they think the media, referees and football authorities aren’t giving them a fair crack of the whip. 😂

1 hour ago, Mox said:

When did The Green Brigade mention anything about our loyal support being taken for granted? 

This stance that everyone and their gran seems to have taken that we are spoiled just because we are questioning the way the club is being run is truly laughable. I'm delighted we have sections of our support who voice their opinions and strive for us to do better, even in times of unrivalled success, otherwise if something did go wrong you're sitting on your hands and before you know it your club doesn't exist anymore.

I find it very strange that fans of any club would question anybody's else desire for their club to improve, it's very, very strange.

Spot on 👍 Fans who blindly toe the party line are just as bad as the armchair wanks, who sit in their living rooms watching dodgy streams and then moan about everything in my book! 

57 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

At least you can acknowledge the ludicrousness of the suggestion Rangers get nothing.

I’m finding more and more with Rangers fans I know, who are otherwise rational intelligent guys that they are buying into this paranoia that the whole world is out to get them.

As a fan of a diddy team it’s laughable they think the media, referees and football authorities aren’t giving them a fair crack of the whip. 😂

There are more paranoid bunnets kicking about. I can only attribute it to the nonsense rhetoric peddled by the club. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Spot on 👍 Fans who blindly toe the party line are just as bad as the armchair wanks, who sit in their living rooms watching dodgy streams and then moan about everything in my book! 

for some of us the only choice is a dodgy stream because we can't get to games anymore. I think the point is when you hear fans of both celtic and rangers going on about tough times. There's nothing wrong with wanting the best for your club but moaning about hard times when they haven't really had any is pretty stupid

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

for some of us the only choice is a dodgy stream because we can't get to games anymore. I think the point is when you hear fans of both celtic and rangers going on about tough times. There's nothing wrong with wanting the best for your club but moaning about hard times when they haven't really had any is pretty stupid

As a Rangers fan I'd like to think we have genuinely experienced some pretty tough times over the last 7 years!

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes I'm fucking serious. 🙄

Again I'm not surprised at your post. You and macy are exactly the type of Celtic fan these statements will appeal too. You will lap up the conspiracy theories even if theres not an ounce of truth to them.

It's all about opinions. You have yours, and I have mine. That's all I have to say on this matter..  Thank you sir..

35 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

7 years without a trophy is nothing compared to other clubs. 

I think we've went through a helluva lot more than not winning a trophy in 7 years (and we've actually won 4 trophies in the last 7 years.....)

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I think we've went through a helluva lot more than not winning a trophy in 7 years (and we've actually won 4 trophies in the last 7 

My heart bleeds. Try being a fan of a club who nothing. Rangers were and eventually will be again spoiled with trophies. I've no sympathy for what happened to that club, especially the fans who were quite happy to run it in our faces throughout the cheating years and before 

19 hours ago, macy37 said:

Is it? Is it really? When you have a referee with the history of brother Beaton I’m struggling to see what’s incorrect with questions to his integrity. I mean it’s not like he goes drinking in a Hun pub after games or glaringly misses decisions that can be seen by thousands yet not by him from a few feet away is it? 

"Brother Beaton" gave the worst performance I've seen since Andrew Waddell in the 80s at Ibrox v Hibs 2 years ago.

He's not corrupt or biased, he's just pish like most of the referees in the country.

Not sure on the veracity of this but read something earlier that stated that Beaton has awarded Celtic 10 penalties and Rangers 4.  Someone had better get him a new dictionary as the daft Hun version he's got is clearly teaching him a different word for conspiracy!!