The Mighty Celtic... - Page 76 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

1 minute ago, Davied14 said:

I couldn't believe this stat but it's true, teams that are already in the group stage are:

Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Man City, Juventus, Bayern, PSG, Zenit, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar, Spurs, Benfica, Lyon, Leverkusen, Salzburg, Valencia, Inter, Lokomotiv Moscow, Genk, Galatasaray, Leipzig, Atalanta and Lille.

How many are actual "Champions" of their respective league? 

44 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

By my counting, Celtic are battling with 52 teams for 1 of those 6 places. It’s a fucking disgrace. 

Looks like 4 qualifying places go to champions and 2 go to non champions.

So 15 champions total.

Only Ajax have a better co-efficient than Celtic in the qualifiers for champions, so they should on paper be able to manoeuvre through, but they could still face the champions of Greece (PAOK this time) again as well as several other potential banana skins.

Loads of info on draws and co-efficients on this site if anyone’s interested and never seen it.

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2019.html

It's going to be a long old season if last anything to go by. We saw the full extent of Lennon's coaching ability last, wingers swapped after only 20 mins, two guys taking corners instead of one and Bain launching the ball upto Edouard who's got no chance in the air.

The left back is awful, that much is obvious already and Morgan is rotten as well. 

We are through and that's the main thing but I fear as soon as we come up against anybody who is reasonably decent we'll be out.

11 minutes ago, Mox said:

It's going to be a long old season if last anything to go by. We saw the full extent of Lennon's coaching ability last, wingers swapped after only 20 mins, two guys taking corners instead of one and Bain launching the ball upto Edouard who's got no chance in the air.

The left back is awful, that much is obvious already and Morgan is rotten as well. 

We are through and that's the main thing but I fear as soon as we come up against anybody who is reasonably decent we'll be out.

Okay 🙄

Whilst I agree with some of that I think that (a) swapping the wingers over actually worked well, (b) Morgan had a decent game and (c) it's way too early too judge Mbombo who again I thought was decent. 

However if we are going to play like that ie high tempo/high press, we are going to need better options across the back four and in holding midfield. We certainly shouldn't countenance selling Tierney as we already seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel in search of a right back. 

Boli was decent. He'll be grand domestically, however will be found wanting in Europe (like 90% of our team).

Morgan was grand. Switching wingers put a dampner on Forrest though who fell out the game.

I'm not sure what the issue is with the corners?:lol: Plenty of teams do that.

We're early doors in our competitive season. I'll wait before I slide in two footed with knee jerk opinions.

15 minutes ago, slasher said:

Okay 🙄

Whilst I agree with some of that I think that (a) swapping the wingers over actually worked well, (b) Morgan had a decent game and (c) it's way too early too judge Mbombo who again I thought was decent. 

However if we are going to play like that ie high tempo/high press, we are going to need better options across the back four and in holding midfield. We certainly shouldn't countenance selling Tierney as we already seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel in search of a right back. 

Did you think we played with a high tempo last night? I thought we were really lethargic, which could well be explained by how early we are into pre season I suppose. 

20 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Boli was decent. He'll be grand domestically, however will be found wanting in Europe (like 90% of our team).

Morgan was grand. Switching wingers put a dampner on Forrest though who fell out the game.

I'm not sure what the issue is with the corners?:lol: Plenty of teams do that.

We're early doors in our competitive season. I'll wait before I slide in two footed with knee jerk opinions.

Boli was and is bang average, it's obvious already. As for Morgan, he'll never make it at Celtic, he may well have a reasonable career in the lower leagues in England but he's not good enough for us.

45 minutes ago, Mox said:

Boli was and is bang average, it's obvious already. As for Morgan, he'll never make it at Celtic, he may well have a reasonable career in the lower leagues in England but he's not good enough for us.

He was awful a few posts ago. Which is it?

Unless you've got a mad lust for Austrian football (which you might, I don't know), it'd probably be wise to give the guy more than 150 minutes bedding in time before writing him off.

18 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was last night not free on your season?

We're £20 tonight and I assume the same next week. Our seasons are just league games.

Last night was free and so was the meaningless friendly against Rennes last week.

Since all the dumplings signed up to the Home Ticket Cup Scheme, the concept of fair pricing has been completely shut down as the club know they can charge the max possible and nothing can be done about it.

Next week's game should be free although if they insist on a price it should be £10 max. £23 to see us against some Estonian mob is outrageous and if we play all the qualifiers and get a home league cup tie you're looking at 90 quid before the end of August on tickets.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was last night not free on your season?

We're £20 tonight and I assume the same next week. Our seasons are just league games.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Last night was free and so was the meaningless friendly against Rennes last week.

Since all the dumplings signed up to the Home Ticket Cup Scheme, the concept of fair pricing has been completely shut down as the club know they can charge the max possible and nothing can be done about it.

Next week's game should be free although if they insist on a price it should be £10 max. £23 to see us against some Estonian mob is outrageous and if we play all the qualifiers and get a home league cup tie you're looking at 90 quid before the end of August on tickets.

I’m sure we were £23 last week against RoPS, roughly the same as it was against Burnley last season. They used to start the early rounds at about £15, but probably just tried to pull a fast one by holding last seasons 1st round price. I got mine for £18 and the bairns was free as we are in the DNA scheme.