The Mighty Celtic... - Page 75 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

How can St Mirren have any say over how his transfer fee is split between Villa and say Man Utd or any other future fee?

So in ten years time and he's moved say 5 times since St Mirren then St Miirren would still be due a % of the fee?

Has everyone in Paisley been smoking the same shit as that fruit loop Tony Fitzpatrick?!

I know St Mirren had a sell on fee from when he left Hibs as it was part of the deal when he moved from Paisley to Easter Road (which is the same with any sale) but if he leaves Villa, I can't honestly see Villa signing a player and agreeing to give a % of any sale to a club he played with before he even signed with Hibs?

At the very most Hibs might have to give a cut of their sell on to St Mirren )if they agreed to that) but after that sale, there is no way St Mirren would be due anything as Hibs wouldn't even be part of any future sell on % once he's left Villa.

You are wrong Humper.

Well, you’re right to say St. Mirren have no arrangement with Villa. St. Mirren’s arrangement is purely with Hibs. That arrangement being that St. Mirren get 33% of any initial transfer fee and crucially 33% of any future profit Hibs make from McGinn, so in other words we get 33% of any sell on profit Hibs make from a Villa sale to United. It’s a belting deal.

On top of that, I believe but not certain, we are also due a further development fee. Ordinarily these fees are derisory, but if he did go for £50m it could be a decent fee.

So scoff all you like my rodent abusing friend, but you are wrong 😘

On 7/1/2019 at 12:16 PM, Jersey Jim said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4427051/man-utd-john-mcginn-50m-aston-villa-hibs/

Probably Utter Bollocks, but how hilarious would this be if true.

St Mirren and Hibs get another windfall and Celtic left spewing lol.  

I rate McGinn and like him a lot.

However, it is impossible to say how well he would have done had he moved to Celtic Park last season.  Celtic are a better side than Villa, with better options in midfield.  McGinn may very well have made himself a regular starter but with Brown, Ntcham, McGregor, Rogic, Christie and Bitton at the club, it would have been much tougher to get games, like he did at Villa.

Also worth adding, that Celtic handled the deal very poorly and that, in my opinion, moving to a new league and playing against new players was probably the best thing for his career.  

Some folk take football way too serious. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4436087/celtic-fan-old-firm-referee-john-beaton-threats-fined/

Weve all shouted abuse at refs but during the match but why would anyone phone and WhatsApp a ref with abuse. For a start it's obvious you would get caught🤣

Edited by vanderark14

Rumours are doing ma head in. Tierney off, on , off, Napoli in for him now. Arsenal uping the fee. Il be glad when this TW is over.. 👍

On 7/1/2019 at 5:08 PM, Orraloon said:

On 7/1/2019 at 4:06 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

there is no way St Mirren would be due anything as Hibs wouldn't even be part of any future sell on % once he's left Villa.

Would they not get a solidarity payment?

Dyce Boys club, for instance, got a very large sum (for them) when Stuart Armstrong was sold by Celtic to Southampton

5% of any fee for a player transferred whilst under contract is payable, pro-rata to clubs they have been with between their 12th and 23rd birthday.

Edited by Cove_Sheep

Thought we did really well tonight 👍

The makeshift defence was bound to be a bit ropey at times but there were a lot of positives besides that. A really good start for us as we tiptoe through the minefield of CL qualifiers 😀

13 hours ago, Mox said:

Any victory at this stage is a good result.

Yeah, so tricky given it’s effectively pre-season.

Couldnt believe the stat from Liam McLeod in commentary that 26 of the 32 champions league spots are already taken.

Its a shocking state of affairs that a team of Celtic’s standing needs to scrap through 4 rounds for 1 of 6 places. (Not sure how many of the 6 are for champions?)

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Couldnt believe the stat from Liam McLeod in commentary that 26 of the 32 champions league spots are already taken.

Its a shocking state of affairs that a team of Celtic’s standing needs to scrap through 4 rounds for 1 of 6 places. (Not sure how many of the 6 are for champions?)

It's a shambles. I'm not entirely convinced of the merits of qualifying for a competition that will see us take a couple of thrashings anyway. The balance sheet will improve but I don't really give a monkeys about that, would rather be in The Europa League again frankly.

47 minutes ago, Mox said:

It's a shambles. I'm not entirely convinced of the merits of qualifying for a competition that will see us take a couple of thrashings anyway. The balance sheet will improve but I don't really give a monkeys about that, would rather be in The Europa League again frankly.

Can see that argument, Celtic should at least be able to compete in the Europa league groups, rather than hoping to scrape 3rd place.

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

By my counting, Celtic are battling with 52 teams for 1 of those 6 places. It’s a fucking disgrace. 

12 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

By my counting, Celtic are battling with 52 teams for 1 of those 6 places. It’s a fucking disgrace. 

There are teams with automatic entry who haven't won their league for decades.

The CL is an absolute disgrace.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

There are teams with automatic entry who haven't won their league for decades.

The CL is an absolute disgrace.

19 teams come from the “Big 5” leagues already. 

Ajax have 4 games to play to qualify and they were in the semi final last season. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

19 teams come from the “Big 5” leagues already. 

Ajax have 4 games to play to qualify and they were in the semi final last season. 

Ajax won their league,they arguably lit up the tournament last season, they've got a great European  pedigree but they have to come through 4 matches to qualify.................spurs have win the square root of fuck all, they last won their league in 1961 yet they walk straight into a group slot all because of the league they play in has more money and TV viewers

I would rather Europa. As yous have said its disgraceful. Teams that have never been champions of they're respective leagues in years qualify, and Celtic who have been Champions 8 years in a trot have to go through 4 rounds is an absolute disgrace. Not only that, if Celtic qualify they would have already played 8 matches to qualify, which puts them at a disadvantage from the start. Injuries, fatigue, absolute farce of a tournament. For what? To try finish 3rd at best? At least in Europa we have a better chance of going through to the knockout stages. We don't have the players to compete I  the CL, say why burst our baws trying to get there.. Rant over..

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I couldn't believe this stat but it's true, teams that are already in the group stage are:

Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Man City, Juventus, Bayern, PSG, Zenit, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar, Spurs, Benfica, Lyon, Leverkusen, Salzburg, Valencia, Inter, Lokomotiv Moscow, Genk, Galatasaray, Leipzig, Atalanta and Lille.

And to your question, 4 of the 6 places are for champions.

Edited by Davied14