The Mighty Celtic... - Page 74 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

29 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I will be in Glasgow Sept 14. Will be attending Celtic v Hamilton away. Flight booked. Ticket for match sorted.. Hoping for a European .match the following Wednesday, as I fly back to Ottawa the next day...

We'll be in the Europa so yer onto plums.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why would St Mirren get money?

He was our youth player, when we sold him to Hibs we put a clause in for a percentage of EVERY profitable future transfer that involved him, we made a million out of the transfer to Villa, Villa were also aware of this when they bought him, if this unlikely Sun scoop happened we would get around £3m. 

6 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

He was our youth player, when we sold him to Hibs we put a clause in for a percentage of EVERY profitable future transfer that involved him, we made a million out of the transfer to Villa, Villa were also aware of this when they bought him, if this unlikely Sun scoop happened we would get around £3m. 

How can St Mirren have any say over how his transfer fee is split between Villa and say Man Utd or any other future fee?

So in ten years time and he's moved say 5 times since St Mirren then St Miirren would still be due a % of the fee?

Has everyone in Paisley been smoking the same shit as that fruit loop Tony Fitzpatrick?!

I know St Mirren had a sell on fee from when he left Hibs as it was part of the deal when he moved from Paisley to Easter Road (which is the same with any sale) but if he leaves Villa, I can't honestly see Villa signing a player and agreeing to give a % of any sale to a club he played with before he even signed with Hibs?

At the very most Hibs might have to give a cut of their sell on to St Mirren )if they agreed to that) but after that sale, there is no way St Mirren would be due anything as Hibs wouldn't even be part of any future sell on % once he's left Villa.