The Mighty Celtic... - Page 72 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

6 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Toys oot the pram

Why is that? Celtic made a great offer, Motherwell accepted. Turnbull has his medical. He then turns around and decides he does not want to sign. How is it toys out the pram? Turnbull just had to say yes, I want to play for Celtic. He changed his mind, regardless of the agents advice. I agree with Celtic. Move on...

Going by the gossip pages  it looks like Turnbull will sign a four year deal on Friday when he returns from holiday. 
Other transfer news from the Celtic gossip pages is that Young Liam Morrison (Highly rated 16 year old center back)  is heading out for a trial period with Bayern Munich. Quite a trend of young players from the UK heading out to the bundesliga. 

The draw for the Champions League Second and Third qualifying rounds is today.

It will be one of the following in the first round -

• Valletta (Malta)
  • Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
  • Sutjeska NikÅ¡ić (Montenegro)
  • Partizani (Albania)
  • Saburtalo Tbilisi (Georgia)

A few tricky away matches in there (especially so early in the season) but pleased to avoid the Polish and Romanian champions.

Although it has been quiet on the transfer front, I don't think the squad is looking too bad in most areas.

We desperately need some defenders in.  I think we probably need 2 right-backs, 2 centre-backs (one of which good enough to go into the team right away) and a left-back.  We've lost Lustig, Gamboa, Boyata, Benković and Izaguirre from last season - that is a hell of a lot of experience.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Arzani and Shved come into the squad.  Griffiths and Bayo should give us the forward options we were missing last season.  

6 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

The draw for the Champions League Second and Third qualifying rounds is today.

It will be one of the following in the first round -

• Valletta (Malta)
  • Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
  • Sutjeska NikÅ¡ić (Montenegro)
  • Partizani (Albania)
  • Saburtalo Tbilisi (Georgia)

A few tricky away matches in there (especially so early in the season) but pleased to avoid the Polish and Romanian champions.

Although it has been quiet on the transfer front, I don't think the squad is looking too bad in most areas.

We desperately need some defenders in.  I think we probably need 2 right-backs, 2 centre-backs (one of which good enough to go into the team right away) and a left-back.  We've lost Lustig, Gamboa, Boyata, Benković and Izaguirre from last season - that is a hell of a lot of experience.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Arzani and Shved come into the squad.  Griffiths and Bayo should give us the forward options we were missing last season.  

Apparantly Turnbull signing is imminent now from what I am reading. The internet never lies. HH

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Apparantly Turnbull signing is imminent now from what I am reading. The internet never lies. HH

Looks like the deal is dead.

I think he is a good prospect and will have a good career but he's just not what we need right now. 

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Looks like the deal is dead.

I think he is a good prospect and will have a good career but he's just not what we need right now. 

Last I heard he was either getting a medical at parkhead/lennoxtown or a cappuccino in Wishaw....

😂

7 hours ago, Pocketrocketman1888 said:

Id prefer he stayed with motherwell , but signing for norwich would be great for his career development and a massive giruy to the mopes

Is it though? A team that is going to be battling relegation for the best part of a season with a fair likelihood that they will be back straight back down. Unless he hits the ground running in what is going to be a massive step up for him in terms of opponent quality I can see his chances being fairly limited. I know SPL clubs always love it when one of their precious players tells one side of the Old Firm to GTF, but I'll be interested to see how his transfer pans out from here.

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Is it though? A team that is going to be battling relegation for the best part of a season with a fair likelihood that they will be back straight back down. Unless he hits the ground running in what is going to be a massive step up for him in terms of opponent quality I can see his chances being fairly limited. I know SPL clubs always love it when one of their precious players tells one side of the Old Firm to GTF, but I'll be interested to see how his transfer pans out from here.

I think if he went to Celtic he’d be used in the league cup or loaned out.

Lennon isn’t going to develop him.

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think if he went to Celtic he’d be used in the league cup or loaned out.

Lennon isn’t going to develop him.

Not sure I agree. While he'd obviously have to earn his spot, I don't see why he wouldn't play in a good percentage of Celtics season.

17 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Not sure I agree. While he'd obviously have to earn his spot, I don't see why he wouldn't play in a good percentage of Celtics season.

I think he’s good enough.

I just thought Neil Lennon would be very much from the Martin O’neill school of trusting his experienced players....

Especially with 10iar on the horizon.

Look at the number of games Tierney played while not fully fit. Mcgregor and Forrest played pretty much every game...

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

The alternative? Move to Celtic and end up like Lewis Morgan. Or say he does break into the side he'll keep another Scot out of the side stinting their growth considering Celtic have Callum McGregor, Ryan Christie and James Forrest already in the pecking order. For Scotland's sake it is better he goes elsewhere so he can develop without stopping our other players from developing too.