The Mighty Celtic... - Page 70 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

33 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Was discussing this at work today, what would be a bigger achievement Celtic winning 10 in a row or someone stopping Celtic winning 10 in row?

Stopping them winning it is a bigger achievement because of the huge advantage Celtic have

Here's a better question for non OF fans, which would you prefer? 

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Stopping them winning it is a bigger achievement because of the huge advantage Celtic have

Here's a better question for non OF fans, which would you prefer? 

If Rangers stopped them wouldn't be as a good as someone else imo.

I'd like hibs to stop them most.

16 minutes ago, phart said:

If Rangers stopped them wouldn't be as a good as someone else imo.

I'd like hibs to stop them most.

If any team out with the old firm won the league, itd be one of Scottish football's biggest achievments

3 hours ago, dan cake said:

I genuinely think Celtic will get 20 in a row, only way they don’t win the league for me is if they aren’t in it

Not a chance.

One bad manager appointed and everything changes. Next season could be very tricky as we have a lot of work to do on this squad. 

2 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Not a chance.

One bad manager appointed and everything changes. Next season could be very tricky as we have a lot of work to do on this squad. 

Very true Mick. It's dead easy to fuck this up and Aberdeen will be gunning for us. No worried about sevco. A bad manager, support turn on him, players get unsettled, then points are dropped. 

20 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Very true Mick. It's dead easy to fuck this up and Aberdeen will be gunning for us. No worried about sevco. A bad manager, support turn on him, players get unsettled, then points are dropped. 

Killie get a better manager once Clarke goes to Scotland and you are fucked.  Nothing else on the horizon to do any damage 

9 hours ago, dan cake said:

I genuinely think Celtic will get 20 in a row, only way they don’t win the league for me is if they aren’t in it

Yup, this is true.

Celtic  have been pish all.season, had to rely on a 20 year old.up.front, lost there manager and backroom staff yet will still very likely win a third consecutive treble.

They haven't even had to use their financial muscle. They only spent a little more than Rangers on transfers.

This is without their billionaire owners contributing.  If these guys want to play then the gap will become even larger. 

As a fan of a 'diddy' club it doesn't affect me. One or two at the top makes no difference and hasn't for 30 years. 

Celtic if they want could easily win 20.

Plus ca change and all that.

3 hours ago, beardy said:

Yup, this is true.

Celtic  have been pish all.season, had to rely on a 20 year old.up.front, lost there manager and backroom staff yet will still very likely win a third consecutive treble.

They haven't even had to use their financial muscle. They only spent a little more than Rangers on transfers.

This is without their billionaire owners contributing.  If these guys want to play then the gap will become even larger. 

As a fan of a 'diddy' club it doesn't affect me. One or two at the top makes no difference and hasn't for 30 years. 

Couldn’t agree more, nowhere near a vintage Celtic team and they still piss the league and possible treble again 

3 hours ago, beardy said:

Yup, this is true.

Celtic maybe spent just above what the huns did but they pay 3-4 times more in salaries. They've also built a team over the course of a a few seasons.

Celtic maybe relied on a 20 year old but that 20 year old cost 9m. Let's not pretend Celtic haven't used their financial muscle, they have used it and they've used it very well.

However I do agree they will dominate the league for another 5 years at least IMO. The only team capable of stopping them is rangers but that would need a monumental shift in the way rangers run their club. It's a very depressing state of affairs when the only team that could possibly challenge is rangers but I guess that's football, all across the world its the same.

Edited by vanderark14

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Celtic maybe spent just above what the huns did but they pay 3-4 times more in salaries. They've also built a team over the course of a a few seasons.

Celtic maybe relied on a 20 year old but that 20 year old cost 9m. Let's not pretend Celtic haven't used their financial muscle, they have used it and they've used it very well.

However I do agree they will dominate the league for another 5 years at least IMO. The only team capable of stopping them is rangers but that would need a monumental shift in the way rangers run their club. It's a very depressing state of affairs when the only team that could possibly challenge is rangers but I guess that's football, all across the world its the same.

You get me wrong, Celtic obviously use their financial strength to win. Paying multiples of your rivals should mean you win but they've not really flexed their financial muscles so to speak.

They're not over extending themselves, they've got something ridiculous like 40 million in the bank. The interest off that alone could sustain my club forever.

It's not like their owners pump millions in. Hiw many soft loans and debt to equity have other Scottish teams had. I believe they could crank it up a few notches should they desire.

It seems to.have always been thus  barring a few blips,  Celtic and Rangers have over a hundred championships between them. It's three and a half decades since another team has won. 

However Scottish football is brilliant, there is top notch banter and superb talking points. It's sadly so Old Firm centric that you don't get enough of the others. The media is appalling in it's coverage and bigging up the game.

As regards the game around the world, there does seem to be an inevitability to a lot of leagues. Change will likely come but not for the little guys. 

Don't be depressed about it, embrace that you are a fan of Scottish football and not a paid subscriber to corporately driven behemoths with their half-and-half scarfs, fvcking selfie w@nkers and tourist fans. Be proud enjoy all the bawbaggery that is Scottish football.  It's braw 👍

6 hours ago, beardy said:

Yup, this is true.

A little more? They spent £9M on one player and also around £2M-£3M on the boy Bayo. Rangers spent around £6M total (still a significant amount) but Celtic’s spending was in no way only a little more. 

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

A little more? They spent £9M on one player and also around £2M-£3M on the boy Bayo. Rangers spent around £6M total (still a significant amount) but Celtic’s spending was in no way only a little more. 

According to transfer market site, rangers spent 10m and Celtic 13m

7 hours ago, beardy said:

You get me wrong, Celtic obviously use their financial strength to win. Paying multiples of your rivals should mean you win but they've not really flexed their financial muscles so to speak.

They're not over extending themselves, they've got something ridiculous like 40 million in the bank. The interest off that alone could sustain my club forever.

It's not like their owners pump millions in. Hiw many soft loans and debt to equity have other Scottish teams had. I believe they could crank it up a few notches should they desire.

It seems to.have always been thus  barring a few blips,  Celtic and Rangers have over a hundred championships between them. It's three and a half decades since another team has won. 

However Scottish football is brilliant, there is top notch banter and superb talking points. It's sadly so Old Firm centric that you don't get enough of the others. The media is appalling in it's coverage and bigging up the game.

As regards the game around the world, there does seem to be an inevitability to a lot of leagues. Change will likely come but not for the little guys. 

Don't be depressed about it, embrace that you are a fan of Scottish football and not a paid subscriber to corporately driven behemoths with their half-and-half scarfs, fvcking selfie w@nkers and tourist fans. Be proud enjoy all the bawbaggery that is Scottish football.  It's braw 👍

I admire your enthusiasm but any enthusiasm I have for football is fading with each year. The only hope I have is that Celtic do get locked out of the CL for good. It wont completely level the playing field but it would make a dent.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:21 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You're not worried about Rangers, but are concerned about the team who finished 20 points behind us this year? You're a space cadet.