The Mighty Celtic... - Page 69 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

11 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Celtic didnt need to win yesterday so probably took the edge off them a bit. Rangers needed a win so had that tempo and desire. I tthink that sums it up gracefully. And the rangers players didnt run to celebrate in front of the celtic fans or do lap of honour. Gracious in victory and in defeat. That is the Rangers way ☺ therea your answer bhoys.

They'd have looked like bigger fannies than usual by doing a lap of honour for winning a dead rubber game against a team that's on the verge of clinching their third treble in a row. 

24 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Celtic didnt need to win yesterday so probably took the edge off them a bit. Rangers needed a win so had that tempo and desire. I tthink that sums it up gracefully. And the rangers players didnt run to celebrate in front of the celtic fans or do lap of honour. Gracious in victory and in defeat. That is the Rangers way ☺ therea your answer bhoys.

Still waiting on you providing some evidence that Rangers have "class in abundance". Care to provide some ?

"The Rangers Way" ? Decades of refusing to sign any Roman Catholic players, multiple instances of mass fan violence, the club turning a blind eye to fans bigotry and massive financial wrongdoing are what I would describe as "The Rangers Way".

"Gracious in victory and defeat" ? The people of Barcelona and Manchester amongst many others would strongly dispute that.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Still waiting on you providing some evidence that Rangers have "class in abundance". Care to provide some ?

"The Rangers Way" ? Decades of refusing to sign any Roman Catholic players, multiple instances of mass fan violence, the club turning a blind eye to fans bigotry and massive financial wrongdoing are what I would describe as "The Rangers Way".

"Gracious in victory and defeat" ? The people of Barcelona and Manchester amongst many others would strongly dispute that.

Calm down calm down. It was said in jest. Happy monday !!

Just read the paper there. Rangers fans singing about the lisbon lions. Absolute disgrace. It wont stop me supporrting the team and having friendly rivalry. But songs like that are disgusting and true rangers fans should be policing that better. Spoiled my monday already. I think i have made another erse of masel by stating the class thing now. But that makes me angry that instead of celebrating a decent win that songs like that have to be sung. So in essemce mr thistle i will retract my original post about class. (Which was tongue in cheek btw). I dont get why some fans can sing these songs. I really dont and it saddens me.

26 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Calm down calm down. It was said in jest. Happy monday !!

But you said last week "A bit of class is required and Rangers have that in abundance pal",

I then asked you to provide some examples of that from Rangers history.

To date you have failed to do so. Would you now like to do so ?

4 hours ago, EddardStark said:

And Rangers aren't planning ?

I’m sure they are.

Although I’d be slightly concerned about the calibre of player they are bringing in. A boy that’s had 6 good games for Motherwell for example.

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m sure they are.

Although I’d be slightly concerned about the calibre of player they are bringing in. A boy that’s had 6 good games for Motherwell for example.

And another who Killie have just ditched from our squad entirely! So much so, Jones has been told he can go on holiday. Think he's away this week!

9 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Benitez rumours seem to be gathering a bit of pace. Odds on with some bookies. 

It would be an incredible signing for Celtic but I can't see it. 

He's loved at Newcastle and if he left there he would pick up a better gig than celtic quite easily

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

It would be an incredible signing for Celtic but I can't see it. 

He's loved at Newcastle and if he left there he would pick up a better gig than celtic quite easily

I said almost exactly that to my mate who sent me the text.

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

DD apparently spoke with him about a month ago, I still can't see it happening though

Dandydunn?  I wouldn't have thought he could influence such matters so you're probably right......:wink2:

15 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Benitez rumours seem to be gathering a bit of pace. Odds on with some bookies. 

It doesn't take much to move odds on a next manager market with some bookies. They are one of the few markets where certain punters can know more than the bookies ever can therefore they usually have low liabilities and cut odds very quickly at the sign of any decent bets at all.

7 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Been putting this together over the last few days, published earlier today.

Will just leave it here in case any of the Celtic fans (or anyone else) is interested to read. Good solid opinions from the Celtic season ticket holders I spoke to.

https://www.spitballingpod.com/football/2019/5/16/celtic-fc-crossroads

Very good read. Cheers for that mate..

13 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Been putting this together over the last few days, published earlier today.

Will just leave it here in case any of the Celtic fans (or anyone else) is interested to read. Good solid opinions from the Celtic season ticket holders I spoke to.

https://www.spitballingpod.com/football/2019/5/16/celtic-fc-crossroads

I'd say that's a fair reflection on any Celtic fan I know's opinion too.

Lennon is very popular amongst the supporters but virtually nobody thinks that he's right for the job. It has to be a reasonably big name in the same category as BR. Get the place buzzing again and give him money to spend for the overhaul that the team desparately needs.

The board will never be forgiven if we don't get 10iar.

5 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

I'd say that's a fair reflection on any Celtic fan I know's opinion too.

Lennon is very popular amongst the supporters but virtually nobody thinks that he's right for the job. It has to be a reasonably big name in the same category as BR. Get the place buzzing again and give him money to spend for the overhaul that the team desparately needs.

The board will never be forgiven if we don't get 10iar.

I wouldn't worry about that.  Nobody other than Celtic will ever win the league in Scotland ever again. The ball is burst.  It's why nobody will invest - it's embarrassingly boring as feck.

10 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I wouldn't worry about that.  Nobody other than Celtic will ever win the league in Scotland ever again. The ball is burst.  It's why nobody will invest - it's embarrassingly boring as feck.

There’s a time when you’d have said nobody but Rangers would win it again.

While I can’t see Celtic’s bubble bursting quite as spectacularly as Rangers, because they appear to be running quite a tight ship and have such an advantage at the moment. You just don’t know what’s round the corner. If the mess up this managerial appointment and don’t recruit well in the summer Rangers or others could close the gap.

Unfortunately Killie, Aberdeen and everybody else are likely to be weaker next season as they lose good players and try to replace them, meaning nobody else is likely to be even nearly good or consistent enough to challenge other than Rangers.

A lot might depend on how the teams progress in Europe. Will Celtic become like 1990s Rangers and sacrifice Europe to trample Rangers and the rest into the ground? Or do they need the champions league money to hold their grip....

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

It’s absolutely appalling.

Indeed, it’s inconceivable to believe the hierarchy at the club didn’t know what was going on, just like the BBC did with the whole Saville scandal.

Celtic need to do the right thing and admit accountability and look after the victims, this is only going to get worse for them if it ends up in court, seeing those 3 predators in the same photograph makes me feel sick to my stomach.

It’s time to put the victims first and not the reputation of their football club, they need some sort of closure and justice. 

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-fc-cleared-boys-club-16158020

Never really paid much attention to what happened here, probably because most of the time it was brought up to score points by other supports.

Quite shocking stuff.

Probably just as well they've been running a tight ship financially as I can see them shelling out a fair bit in compo.

The way Rangers fans (and others) mock this is appalling but not as appalling as the lack of intervention/covering up/reluctance to take the blame from a succession of Celtic boards.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Probably just as well they've been running a tight ship financially as I can see them shelling out a fair bit in compo.

The way Rangers fans (and others) mock this is appalling but not as appalling as the lack of intervention/covering up/reluctance to take the blame from a succession of Celtic boards.

Agreed.