The Mighty Celtic... - Page 68 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Old Firm fans in "being unable to accept defeat with good grace and humility" shocker.

I can accept Celtic losing football games just fine, thanks for your concern. I just think guards of honour are a complete waste of time and really cringey, especially if giving them to your biggest rivals

Maybe if Aberdeen had a proper rival then you'd understand. 

14 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I can accept Celtic losing football games just fine, thanks for your concern. I just think guards of honour are a complete waste of time and really cringey, especially if giving them to your biggest rivals

Maybe if Aberdeen had a proper rival then you'd understand. 

But you'd be that raging that you wouldn't even go and support your team. Sounds like you can accept it, right enough...

3 hours ago, min said:

Pretty sure the Hibs guard of honour at Pittodrie was in 83 - three days after Gothenburg.

A crazy day I remember well. Fans and players still buzzing after the midweek, a chance of winning the league that day (albeit slim), a routine 5-0 win and nobody being too bothered when the other results didn't go our way.

the one i was thinking of was the second of the '2 in a row' previous season was won at tynecastle - the hibs game at pittodrie was 2-2 ; hibs should have won , was only a last minute equalizer , where Rough was sandwiched whilst catching a cross

29 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Try reading it again. I'd be annoyed at the guard of honour, not getting beaten.

Yeah, you'd be raging at your team displaying good sportsmanship and losing with grace and dignity.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, you'd be raging at your team displaying good sportsmanship and losing with grace and dignity.

Yeah cos the only way to do that is with a guard of honour. Players shaking hands at the end and congratulating each other just isn't enough any more, it has to be a big over the top and unnecessary gesture, otherwise we're all just bad losers.

25 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Yeah cos the only way to do that is with a guard of honour. Players shaking hands at the end and congratulating each other just isn't enough any more, it has to be a big over the top and unnecessary gesture, otherwise we're all just bad losers.

I never said that. I just find it strange that you'd be so raging about it that you wouldn't go to the game.

I don't give a fuck one way or another about guards of honour.

20 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Yes, Parklife thinks anyone not taking part is a traitor 

Correct. I'm forever going on about my love of the military and Great Britain.

Guard of honour? It's a game of football not the fucking coliseum. 

Absolute load of bollocks that has no place in sporting contests. You're supposed to be in it to win it, so congratulate the victors by all means but you don't have to tug your metaphorical forelock to them. 

44 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Celtic ripped apart today.

Absolutely no chance of Lennon getting the job now. I dont think he was getting it anyway, but this confirms it id think.

Totally agree. He loves the club but hiring him to a contract is a huge step backwards. Celtic were awful today. No heart, no desire, and tactically hadn't a clue. Oh well. 

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Totally agree. He loves the club but hiring him to a contract is a huge step backwards. Celtic were awful today. No heart, no desire, and tactically hadn't a clue. Oh well. 

We've been pretty poor all season but it's been worse since Rodgers left. 

I do think that only 3 of our strongest XI started today - Brown, McGregor and French Eddie. However, a good few of our best XI will be away in the summer. 

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

We've been pretty poor all season but it's been worse since Rodgers left. 

I do think that only 3 of our strongest XI started today - Brown, McGregor and French Eddie. However, a good few of our best XI will be away in the summer. 

Agreed Mick. Thing that worries me is there is no heart. Will be interesting, and a bit worrying seeing who is in and out before the CL qualifiers. As much as I like Lennon,  cannot see us improving with him in charge. 

On 5/6/2019 at 7:19 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

Of course. A bit of class is required and Rangers have that in abundance pal. So you will get your guard of honour for your league win. Its deserved unlike the previous 7 with no contenders. Roll on next season ☺

I'm still waiting on you providing some examples of that.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Agreed Mick. Thing that worries me is there is no heart. Will be interesting, and a bit worrying seeing who is in and out before the CL qualifiers. As much as I like Lennon,  cannot see us improving with him in charge. 

I can't see him getting it.

Should also include Bain in the strongest XI...so 4 not 3. 

Remember Rangers beat Celtic 3 years ago, and it forced them to get rid of Deila...

History repeating itself a bit today.

While the huns are celebrating a meaningless victory, Celtic are surely planning for next season under a manager they hope will be better than Lennon.

Even Lennon must know it, he’s come in and done the job that was asked, but have a team ever limped over the line more so than this one?

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Remember Rangers beat Celtic 3 years ago, and it forced them to get rid of Deila...

History repeating itself a bit today.

While the huns are celebrating a meaningless victory, Celtic are surely planning for next season under a manager they hope will be better than Lennon.

Even Lennon must know it, he’s come in and done the job that was asked, but have a team ever limped over the line more so than this one?

And Rangers aren't planning ?

Celtic didnt need to win yesterday so probably took the edge off them a bit. Rangers needed a win so had that tempo and desire. I tthink that sums it up gracefully. And the rangers players didnt run to celebrate in front of the celtic fans or do lap of honour. Gracious in victory and in defeat. That is the Rangers way ☺ therea your answer bhoys.

Edited by Rolling hIlls
Tongue firmly in cheek!!