The Mighty Celtic... - Page 67 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

23 minutes ago, Mox said:

I Agree. If its between those two for the job then we are in big fucking trouble.

Agreed, I just don’t understand the strategy behind going for that cunt. His football is dire, he’ll no enjoy working with relative pennies and he’d be off as soon as a Newcastle/Lyon/Dortmund came knocking. 

Oh, and he’s a cunt. 

4 hours ago, macy37 said:

Agreed, I just don’t understand the strategy behind going for that cunt. His football is dire, he’ll no enjoy working with relative pennies and he’d be off as soon as a Newcastle/Lyon/Dortmund came knocking. 

Oh, and he’s a cunt. 

Perfect fit then😜

18 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Thanks pal... Are you giving us our honour guard next week. 🤣🤣😃😃

Of course. A bit of class is required and Rangers have that in abundance pal. So you will get your guard of honour for your league win. Its deserved unlike the previous 7 with no contenders. Roll on next season ☺

On 5/6/2019 at 7:19 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

A bit of class is required and Rangers have that in abundance pal. So you will get your guard of honour for your league win.

Apparently there won't be.

As neither of your clubs have any class these days, and as they are a pox on Scottish football, couldn't they both crawl away and form their own two-team league in a desert somewhere?

Asking nicely...

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:19 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

Of course. A bit of class is required and Rangers have that in abundance pal. So you will get your guard of honour for your league win. Its deserved unlike the previous 7 with no contenders. Roll on next season ☺

Lolz

Were you moaning about no previous contenders during your 9 in a row when you paid players your couldn't afford and had a Celtic side in opposition which finished 4th and 5th?

The Huns were in the league for plenty of the titles Celtic have won in the 8 so far.

Same with their trebles (as much as it pains me to say it) . They are on course to win 10 trophies in a row, all of which you have taken part in.

As for the your guard of honour, like your pals at Parkhead, you've shown time and time again, you have zero class.

Two clubs that lower their standards to appease the very worst in the Scottish population.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Lolz

Were you moaning about no previous contenders during your 9 in a row when you paid players your couldn't afford and had a Celtic side in opposition which finished 4th and 5th?

The Huns were in the league for plenty of the titles Celtic have won in the 8 so far.

Same with their trebles (as much as it pains me to say it) . They are on course to win 10 trophies in a row, all of which you have taken part in.

As for the your guard of honour, like your pals at Parkhead, you've shown time and time again, you have zero class.

Two clubs that lower their standards to appease the very worst in the Scottish population.

I don't disagree with the majority of your post however the guard of honour thing is load of Americanised virtue signalling pish.  I want to go back to the old firm days when players were setting off fireworks in each others gardens and posting jobbies through letterboxes.  Not this pishy handholding "look how respectful I am" bollocks that's forced on us now.

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I don't disagree with the majority of your post however the guard of honour thing is load of Americanised virtue signalling pish.  I want to go back to the old firm days when players were setting off fireworks in each others gardens and posting jobbies through letterboxes.  Not this pishy handholding "look how respectful I am" bollocks that's forced on us now.

I agree with the guard of honour but it's been done for decades, you can't just pick and choose when you want to do it.

I hope if we play whoever wins the league next year (if we don't!) that we'd just say shove it!

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I agree with the guard of honour but it's been done for decades, you can't just pick and choose when you want to do it.

I hope if we play whoever wins the league next year (if we don't!) that we'd just say shove it!

Decades?  To my mind it's something that's came in the last 5 years or so.  I'm not sure I remember it happening at Ibrox when Rangers were winning leagues under Walter or Advocaat?

On 5/6/2019 at 7:19 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

Could you provide some examples please from down the years where Rangers (1872-2012) showed that ?

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

bullshit-course-480x279.jpg

sa66xem.png

As much as I dont care about doing a guard of honour for the champions its has become a tradition.

If rangers were champions theyd be demanding it, there would be statements flying out of ibrox at a rate the press couldn't cope with

The only reason this is even being discussed is because it's an old firm match. Had Celtic been playing anyone else in the league this wouldn't be up for debate.

Guards of honour are a pile of shite and this is just the press making a story out of nothing to fill newspaper spaces.

I don't think any Celtic fan (with maybe the exception of some online looneys) really cares or expects to get one. If the roles were reversed then I personally wouldn't attend the game had we chosen to give them one. Let's just get on with the football.

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

Guards of honour are a pile of shite and this is just the press making a story out of nothing to fill newspaper spaces.

I don't think any Celtic fan (with maybe the exception of some online looneys) really cares or expects to get one. If the roles were reversed then I personally wouldn't attend the game had we chosen to give them one. Let's just get on with the football.

Well said.

Guards of honour, not celebrating goals against your old team, minutes applauses...

Pile of shite!

I’m sure we’ve done it for Celtic in build up to Scottish cup final which IIRC wasn’t very popular, especially given previous bad blood between the sides over the season.

18 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Decades?  To my mind it's something that's came in the last 5 years or so.  I'm not sure I remember it happening at Ibrox when Rangers were winning leagues under Walter or Advocaat?

I remember Killie doing it for Rangers during the 90s at Ibrox.

It was done as far back as the 70s too.

4 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Hibs at Pittodrie 85 after Aberdeen won league

Pretty sure the Hibs guard of honour at Pittodrie was in 83 - three days after Gothenburg.

A crazy day I remember well. Fans and players still buzzing after the midweek, a chance of winning the league that day (albeit slim), a routine 5-0 win and nobody being too bothered when the other results didn't go our way.

3 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Guards of honour are a pile of shite and this is just the press (and SquirrelHumper) making a story out of nothing to fill newspaper spaces.

I don't think any Celtic fan (with maybe the exception of some online looneys and SquirrelHumper) really cares or expects to get one. 👍 If the roles were reversed then I personally wouldn't attend the game had we chosen to give them one. Let's just get on with the football. 🤔

21 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

you can't just pick and choose when you want to do it versus I hope if we play whoever wins the league next year that we'd just say shove it! equals bullshit, no?

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

humper said above that he thinks the guard of honour is nonsense.  👍

5 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Well said.

Old Firm fans in "being unable to accept defeat with good grace and humility" shocker.