The Mighty Celtic... - Page 59 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's almost like he doesn't always tell the truth... :shocked: 

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Really?? Discuss?

Now you’re gonna get it Parkie 😂😂

He’s away to get his swimming trunks and ice hockey gloves ready to come find you and show you “how it’s done in glesga”

23 minutes ago, Kirk said:

The "timplosion" is ridiculous and hilarious in equal measure. Rod Stewart on talksport claiming he nearly shed a tear and was very upset, fuck off 😂

Why is that Kirk? Out of the blue your so called "Bhoys hero's" manager fucks off to a shit English side with no explanation? I'm shocked! No tears though. That cunt BR can get to fuck. Showed his true colours. By the way, easy on Rod. Good friend of mine. We sang together. 

28 minutes ago, Kirk said:

The "timplosion" is ridiculous and hilarious in equal measure. Rod Stewart on talksport claiming he nearly shed a tear and was very upset, fuck off 😂

I doubt it's much different to when Walter Smith fucked off from the Scotland job during a promising campaign, what makes you think it's ridiculous?

11 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

You say that but he reached the CL group stages twice. It's going to be very difficult for us to do that again unless something drastically changes. 

I see what you mean but I just mean maybe someone could do a better job once at the CL level. Lennon even?  

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why is that Kirk? Out of the blue your so called "Bhoys hero's" manager fucks off to a shit English side with no explanation? I'm shocked! No tears though. That cunt BR can get to fuck. Showed his true colours. By the way, easy on Rod. Good friend of mine. We sang together. 

no explanation required, Rodgers clearly wants to be in the glamour league again, Leicester may not be be a top six side but Rodgers will now go up against the likes of Arsenal, Man utd, Man city, etc

As much as it pains me to say it, Scottish football and that includes Celtic is looked upon as a stepping stone at best., there is no loyalty.

10 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I doubt it's much different to when Walter Smith fucked off from the Scotland job during a promising campaign, what makes you think it's ridiculous?

The fact a grown man says he's close to tears because a manager left a club is ridiculous, thats not exclusive to celtic.

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

no explanation required, Rodgers clearly wants to be in the glamour league again, Leicester may not be be a top six side but Rodgers will now go up against the likes of Arsenal, Man utd, Man city, etc

As much as it pains me to say it, Scottish football and that includes Celtic is looked upon as a stepping stone at best., there is no loyalty.

The fact a grown man says he's close to tears because a manager left a club is ridiculous, thats not exclusive to celtic.

Yes I agree. But Rod Stewart is a halfwit and I tend not to take notice of anything he says or does.

I meant the "timplosion" that Kirk was on about. He wasn't just talking about Rod Stewart. He meant Celtic fans in general. Losing a much loved manager is always going to create a reaction when you support a football team, I don't see how it's ridiculous. Just like I didn't think it was ridiculous when we lost Smith during the euro 2008 campaign.

50 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

No loyalty in football anyway, Celtic would have sacked him mid season under certain circumstances as well. 

But I’d have tried to stay until the end of the season, assuming he didn’t. Sounds like he was Leicester’s first choice so think theyd have waited until the summer.

The times are reporting that they were willing to wait until the summer for him which, if true, makes it a lot harder to accept.

Perhaps he was worried that he'd lose the league to his former player?

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Explanation would be, more money in a better league with the chance of getting a better job again at some point. At Celtic he was just stewing not having to do anything and picking up the title before it's even started. Celtic fans disbelief that he could leave them and the subsequent outrage and abuse is ridiculous because they don't realise that realistically in the world of football, Celtic are fuck all.

10 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

As above. Again no surprise with Smith as he's a hun first and that's where his priorities always were.

35 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Yes I agree. But Rod Stewart is a halfwit and I tend not to take notice of anything he says or does.

I meant the "timplosion" that Kirk was on about. He wasn't just talking about Rod Stewart. He meant Celtic fans in general. Losing a much loved manager is always going to create a reaction when you support a football team, I don't see how it's ridiculous. Just like I didn't think it was ridiculous when we lost Smith during the euro 2008 campaign.

I can't speak for Kirk but he may be referring to the interviews with celtic fans on talksport and sportsound and perhaps some of the reactions on twitter. Those were all equally ridiculous IMO

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I can't speak for Kirk but he may be referring to the interviews with celtic fans on talksport and sportsound and perhaps some of the reactions on twitter. Those were all equally ridiculous IMO

Fair enough. I avoid radio phone ins like the plague (they usually pick the biggest looneys they can find for quotes) and rarely go on twitter now that all 5 of the Saturdays have rejected my romantic advances.

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

There are some completely over-the-top reactions.

I must say that I'm not happy at him leaving.  The timing stinks with 4 huge matches coming up.  I also think he's put us in a position where our squad will be in need of some serious work in the summer.  The season ends on 19th May and the CL fixtures starting on 9th July (should we manage to secure the league).  In which time we will need to bring in a new defence and attack with Boyata, Burke, Weah, Benkovic, Toljan, Lustig, Izaguirre, Gamboa and de Vries all on their way out. 

I think the only time I've been as annoyed at a manager leaving was when McLeish went to Birmingham. 

3 hours ago, Kirk said:

Celtic fans disbelief that he could leave them

Not entirely sure that's fair. Most level headed (I suppose that's a small group for football fans mind) supporters were fairly ok with the idea that he would be bumping them off in the Summer to go chasing the money in the EPL, most probably with Leicester. It's not the situation, not for me anyway, but the way it has been handled.

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

There are some completely over-the-top reactions.

I must say that I'm not happy at him leaving.  The timing stinks with 4 huge matches coming up.  I also think he's put us in a position where our squad will be in need of some serious work in the summer.  The season ends on 19th May and the CL fixtures starting on 9th July (should we manage to secure the league).  In which time we will need to bring in a new defence and attack with Boyata, Burke, Weah, Benkovic, Toljan, Lustig, Izaguirre, Gamboa and de Vries all on their way out. 

I think the only time I've been as annoyed at a manager leaving was when McLeish went to Birmingham. 

The squad has required an overhaul for sometime and if this only accelerates that then that's a positive imo. We've genuinely started stock piling players, someone needs to be confirmed for the job in May so that they can start straight away in the summer and get rid of the dross, as there's plenty of it.

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Fair enough. I avoid radio phone ins like the plague (they usually pick the biggest looneys they can find for quotes) and rarely go on twitter now that all 5 of the Saturdays have rejected my romantic advances.

Have you thought of going for Little Mix ? 

( to pump, not become the new Celtic Manager ) 

48 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Have you thought of going for Little Mix ? 

( to pump, not become the new Celtic Manager ) 

Who says they couldn't manage Celtic? It'd brighten up the bench during a game anyway. 😉

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Has the Celtic Trust, FAC or the Labour Party blamed the SNP for being responsible for Brendan Rodgers departure yet ? I'm just catching up.