The Mighty Celtic... - Page 58 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

2 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Clarke's sensitivity to getting called a Fenian bastard as Kilmarnock manager should mean he isn't even on our shortlist. 

His retort to their banner today is excellent!

”it’s not me that’s sick, it’s them”

I like Steve Clarke.

32 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I imagine a few Killie fans are a bit nervous today...

Not particularly.

From what I've been told, and it's from folk close to him, Clarke wasn't interested before the last week or so, and certainly isn't now.

He has been consistent in saying he was up here for 3 years and had no intention of taking another job in Scotland.

The Fulham job is giving me more concerns.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Theres Only One Neil Lennon!! 👍👍😁😁😁

Thank fuck there's only one of him. There's going to be one hell of a circus with him back at celtic

Edited by vanderark14

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Thank fuck there's only one of him. There's going to be one hell of a circus with him back at celtic

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Should be interesting to say the least mate..

You couldn’t have scripted it better if lennon’s in the dug out at tynecastle tomorrow.

Will also play right into the hands of anyone who wants to point the fingers at “all of Scottish football” when the Hearts fans misbehave.

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Certainly hope Judas does no think he is taking any our players with him.. No chance. 

Im not at it here, serious question.

Why do you Celtic fans believe that the club is anything more than a football club, like its an institution or a religion. Unless youre a complete loser (not you, in general) you will always want to move on and test yourself at a bigger/better club/level.

I dont think Leicester is anywhere near a step up, but he clearly does. I dont want him to succeed, Ive thought he was a cunt since he was at Swansea though.

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Im not at it here, serious question.

Why do you Celtic fans believe that the club is anything more than a football club, like its an institution or a religion. Unless youre a complete loser (not you, in general) you will always want to move on and test yourself at a bigger/better club/level.

I dont think Leicester is anywhere near a step up, but he clearly does. I dont want him to succeed, Ive thought he was a cunt since he was at Swansea though.

Fair points mate. My problem is the timing. Why? See the end of the season out, live up to what you promised the supporters. For a man to claim this is his "dream job" and then fuck off  with 2 trophy's up for grabs, a historic treble treble if you will, makes no sense. Big let down for me. I know managers come and go, but the timing is terrible. He is getting pasted all over the place now. What did he expect with this sudden departure? To me he walked. No giving a fuck about the club he supposedly grew up supporting..

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fair points mate. My problem is the timing. Why? See the end of the season out, live up to what you promised the supporters. For a man to claim this is his "dream job" and then fuck off  with 2 trophy's up for grabs, a historic treble treble if you will, makes no sense. Big let down for me. I know managers come and go, but the timing is terrible. He is getting pasted all over the place now. What did he expect with this sudden departure? To me he walked. No giving a fuck about the club he supposedly grew up supporting..

Quite possibly because Leicester May have told him to take it or fuck off. His ambition clearly is a lot higher than Celtic, so it’s perfectly reasonable that he’ll go now. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Quite possibly because Leicester May have told him to take it or fuck off. His ambition clearly is a lot higher than Celtic, so it’s perfectly reasonable that he’ll go now. 

There's fuck all reasonable about it. If he was Leicester's top target they'd have understood that he had unfinished business at his current club.

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Wrong. Leicester will not be relegated. BR could have finished the season with Celtic which could be historic,. But no, he left us high and dry. Fuck BR. Never a Celtic man. And.to be honest, fuck Leicester City as well. 

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Wrong. Leicester will not be relegated. BR could have finished the season with Celtic which could be historic,. But no, he left us high and dry. Fuck BR. Never a Celtic man. And.to be honest, fuck Leicester City as well. 

It doesn’t matter if they could be relegated or not, they wanted him and went after him. They don’t give a fuck about Celtic and not should they, they obviously gave a fuck about him and took him now. That’s completely their choice, he could’ve won a treble treble, let’s be very realistic here, given the resources, it’s hardly a massive achievement, is it? If you took off the tinted specs for just a minute, you would recognise this too.