The Mighty Celtic... - Page 57 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

Expected him to leave but not midway through the season. 

Neil Lennon coming back is probably a bigger blow to me right now than losing Rodgers. He doesn't have the temperament to be a football manager. 

Title race back on and all talk of a treble treble will be over by Saturday I predict. Sickening

4 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Neil Lennon coming back is probably a bigger blow to me right now than losing Rodgers. He doesn't have the temperament to be a football manager. 

Title race back on and all talk of a treble treble will be over by Saturday I predict. Sickening

He didn't hang about did he? The whole coaching team going with him. Lawell will be creaming himself this morning (another £5m in the bank).

What a clusterfuck! 🙄

Edited by slasher

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Someone on our WhatsApp group just said that the Scottish Cup is now wide open. This was based that on it being an absolute gift that the next Celtic manager would not continue Brendan’s whitewash legacy. 

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you there.  Celtic still have considerably the strongest squad in the league and should have more than enough to get them over the line.  Lennon might not be the right answer long term however he's probably a decent shout to come in and galvanise the squad for the last dozen games or so.  Bearing in mind that one of Rangers or Aberdeen will be out of the cup by Sunday and they'd need to lose at least 3 games more than Rangers to lose the league then my money will still be on them picking up the other 2 trophies.  It'll be interesting to see what the long term solution is though.

22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you there.  Celtic still have considerably the strongest squad in the league and should have more than enough to get them over the line.  Lennon might not be the right answer long term however he's probably a decent shout to come in and galvanise the squad for the last dozen games or so.  Bearing in mind that one of Rangers or Aberdeen will be out of the cup by Sunday and they'd need to lose at least 3 games more than Rangers to lose the league then my money will still be on them picking up the other 2 trophies.  It'll be interesting to see what the long term solution is though.

👍👍

31 minutes ago, slasher said:

He didn't hang about did he? The whole coaching team going with him. Lawell will be creaming himself this morning (another £5m in the bank).

What a clusterfuck! 🙄

That suggests to me that Leicester were speaking to BR (and probably Lawwell) before sacking Peul

10 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Surprised like most that he’s gone mid season. Couldn’t have gotten Leicester to wait until the end of the season? 

Tough job he’s taken on, more likely to get sacked himself within a year than do well enough to get a better job. But can see why he’s taken it. 

I think this is a bad move for him, he is in a very good job where he could and probably would become a legend, on the verge of a treble treble and 10 in a row but he opts to join a mid table team on the managerial merry go round. I would understand if this were a top six side but its Leicester, despite the one season they pulled off a miracle they are no more than a mediocre english side. 

33 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Spot on. Going from Rodgers, a reasonably good coach with a philosophy to Lennon, a poor manager, a wanker and with not the first clue of how to manage modern players would be an absolute disaster. 8 points should be enough to see us through, but putting Lennon in charge of any title run in would jeopardise that title. Tynecastle and Aberdeen next week are now two of our biggest games in recent memory.

Just to add, I'm under no illusions about loyalty in football, I've got no problem with people leaving to further their careers but chucking it in the home straight for Leicester is shit. If he was given an ultimatum then he should have told them to beat it and moved elsewhere in the summer, he would not have been short of offers.

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

Spot on. Going from Rodgers, a reasonably good coach with a philosophy to Lennon, a poor manager, a wanker and with not the first clue of how to manage modern players would be an absolute disaster. 8 points should be enough to see us through, but putting Lennon in charge of any title run in would jeopardise that title. Tynecastle and Aberdeen next week are now two of our biggest games in recent memory.

Just to add, I'm under no illusions about loyalty in football, I've got no problem with people leaving to further their careers but chucking it in the home straight for Leicester is shit. If he was given an ultimatum then he should have told them to beat it and moved elsewhere in the summer, he would not have been short of offers.

I'm no fan of celtic but I agree with this. He should finish the season, there will be plenty jobs in england. There's usually about 10 vacancies per season down here

Edited by vanderark14

11 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

That suggests to me that Leicester were speaking to BR (and probably Lawwell) before sacking Peul

Undoubtedly. I'm not keen on having Lennon back long term but if secures another treble how could they possibly patch him for someone else?

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think this is a bad move for him, he is in a very good job where he could and probably would become a legend, on the verge of a treble treble and 10 in a row but he opts to join a mid table team on the managerial merry go round. I would understand if this were a top six side but its Leicester, despite the one season they pulled off a miracle they are no more than a mediocre english side. 

I suspect that Rogers sees this as a stepping stone to one of the bigger English clubs and that's without considering that he'll be getting more money as well.   I think that's been in his mind since he joined Celtic.

The problem with being successful  domestically - even dominant as he has been - at Celtic is that it's viewed as being what you would expect given the scale of their finances in relation to the competition.  The only way to improve on that is to be successful in Europe, which he's failed to do.  Winning something at Leicester, especially for example the Europa League would be seen much more positively in England than another treble in Scotland  

Anyway, think of poor Ramy who'll be waking up to this tragic news in a couple of hours.

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Guess he sees the merry go round as worth the unlikely event he’ll be successful. Plenty of guys down there have been sacked numerous times and still get work. 

Celtic will get someone better IMO. 

Rodgers was an absolute cunt in my opinion, makes Lennon look like a good guy. 

He was good at getting more out of some players to be fair, but his tactics in Europe were possibly the worst I've ever seen from a Celtic manager, and his signings were pretty damn poor. 

3 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

It'll be Alan Stubbs, Lennon, Ramy or Paul the Tim. No chance we'll get better than BR

Alan Stubbs is the Scottish version of Paul Lambert, no idea how he gets linked with jobs. 

Lennon to the end of the season, then someone permanently.