The Mighty Celtic... - Page 53 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

How's the weather over there? Didn't make the trip myself, unlike you obviously.

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

He’s probably reading the news 

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Which news outlet are reporting that it was Celtic fans who torched a bar, fought with police and have a large ned element traveling? 

You can answer for him, now that you're his self appointed spokesman.

I’ve seen the videos of Celtic fans fighting police, and I made it clear it was my own assertion their would be a larger than normal ned element travelling.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Good time for Bill and Linda from Burnley to claim an insurance job with the uncertainty over Brexit looming.

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Take it your source is the Larkhall Evening News, Edited by Billy Mitchell?

53 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

It’s probably just a total coincidence.

The bigot bar story is a bit fishy, it’s very much implied it’s been Celtic fans and it would be a coincidence it happens when Celtic are in town, hopefully they catch the culprits on CCTV, but would be a convenient cover story for an insurance job, I’ll give you that.

Spanish police have got a reputation for being a touch heavy handed.

When we went to the Motherwell game we drank in that pub on the day of the match and the police sat in their vans at the other side of the road and left us alone.

I don’t see the police firing rubber bullets at football fans for singing rebel songs or spilling drinks.

:lol:

for non Celtic fans 2+2 = 5

Celtic fans 2+2 = 0, nothing, YouTube or it didn’t happen.

14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’ve seen the videos of Celtic fans fighting police, and I made it clear it was my own assertion their would be a larger than normal ned element travelling.

The bigot bar story is a bit fishy, it’s very much implied it’s been Celtic fans and it would be a coincidence it happens when Celtic are in town, hopefully they catch the culprits on CCTV, but would be a convenient cover story for an insurance job, I’ll give you that.

Spanish police have got a reputation for being a touch heavy handed.

When we went to the Motherwell game we drank in that pub on the day of the match and the police sat in their vans at the other side of the road and left us alone.

I don’t see the police firing rubber bullets at football fans for singing rebel songs or spilling drinks.

for non Celtic fans 2+2 = 5

Celtic fans 2+2 = 0, nothing, YouTube or it didn’t happen.

I didn't say it didn't happen, I just asked where you saw it.  Motherwell fan + simple question= denial

I've yet to see fans fighting with police, I've seen plenty getting hit with batons and had rubber bullets fired at them, and I know through experience that the Spanish coppers don't need much of an invitation to attack football fans.

Forgive me if I don't just assume that the Celtic fans must be rampaging and burning down pubs without at least questioning your source, I'll just jump on the bandwagon next time

Edited by Scotland Ever More

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

No one said you did, it was obviously aimed at Celtic fans, not plastic paddy’s from Canada. 

Good to see you flinging more personal abuse and threats around the board though, makes the tears all the sweeter when you greet about anyone saying anything to you. 

🖕

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I didn't say it didn't happen, I just asked where you saw it.  Motherwell fan + simple question= denial

I've yet to see fans fighting with police, I've seen plenty getting hit with batons and had rubber bullets fired at them, and I know through experience that the Spanish coppers don't need much of an invitation to attack football fans.

Forgive me if I don't just assume that the Celtic fans must be rampaging and burning down pubs without at least questioning your source, I'll just jump on the bandwagon next time

Not specifically aimed at you, I’m a bit disappointed Macy hasn’t taken the bait yet.

My experience of Spanish cops was that they stood back and left us be, but I certainly had the impression there would be no fucking about if anything started. I’m 90% sure it was the same boozer with the Guinness umbrellas on the pavement we were in.

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Not specifically aimed at you, I’m a bit disappointed Macy hasn’t taken the bait yet.

My experience of Spanish cops was that they stood back and left us be, but I certainly had the impression there would be no fucking about if anything started. I’m 90% sure it was the same boozer with the Guinness umbrellas on the pavement we were in.

Fair enough. Perhaps they don't bother with smaller crowds

You only have to look at the videos of the Catalan people trying to vote for evidence that they aren't shy in attacking for fuck all. But, like I said, I'm not there so don't know if that was the case or not.

I am not there so can't judge but there had to be a trigger for it. 

I refuse to believe that riot police suddenly thought let's get our riot gear on and get tooled up and go and beat some Celtic fans. My guess is that a fan or two were pissed perhaps having a slash in the street or singing a song and were told to stop by police. Being under the influence they took offence and began getting aggressive and the situation snowballed from there with mates coming to their rescue and the situation escalated.

Guest faircity

The polis are just getting a wee bit over excited as they found out Big Rambo isn't over, therefore they can lash out at anyone without the fear of bawjaws striking back. 

He sticks fingers up to folk on messageboards.  Nails. 

5 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Which news outlet are reporting that it was Celtic fans who torched a bar, fought with police and have a large ned element traveling? 

You can answer for him, now that you're his self appointed spokesman.

How many arrests to quote macy 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Fair enough. Perhaps they don't bother with smaller crowds

You only have to look at the videos of the Catalan people trying to vote for evidence that they aren't shy in attacking for fuck all. But, like I said, I'm not there so don't know if that was the case or not.

You’ll be flying Catalan flags at next home game along wi the Palestinian ones then.

Edited by RDFH64

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I am not there so can't judge but there had to be a trigger for it. 

I refuse to believe that riot police suddenly thought let's get our riot gear on and get tooled up and go and beat some Celtic fans. My guess is that a fan or two were pissed perhaps having a slash in the street or singing a song and were told to stop by police. Being under the influence they took offence and began getting aggressive and the situation snowballed from there with mates coming to their rescue and the situation escalated.

My mate is over there and was in St. Pat's bar last night. He said the cops arrived in two vans and came straight over to the bar shouting. He thinks they were saying it was overcrowded and wanted people to leave but as they were yelling in Spanish no one was quite sure what was going on. Anyway when they didn't get much response they just started lashing out with batons. That's pretty much what I've seen in video clips, oh and they don't like being filmed. They've attacked a few folk for that as well including women.

Spanish robo cops are just state sponsored thugs who enjoy their work just a bit too much!

56 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The thing that tickles me is in reports in the daily record saying 6 Brits have been arrested. No doubt more Brits will be arrested today and tonight. I will try and get an accurate amount of Brits arrested for the sake of macy. Ohhhh the irony 😂

Maybe the huns will throw them a parade before the next home game. Have Jimmy Bell abseil from the roof with the match ball in their honour or something

Playing 3-5-2 tonight which hasn't worked that effectively for us previously so I'm not entirely sure why the manager thinks it's going to work tonight. The only saving grace is Sinclair is finally out the side which has been a long time coming and their are decent attacking options on the bench but I imagine by the time anybody does come off the bench it will be too little too late.

11 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I noticed the sensational headlines too. A quick read of the actual story doesn't mention anything about Celtic fans being responsible though.

PUB BLAZE 

Rangers bar ‘set on fire’ in Benidorm as thousands of Celtic fans head to Valencia for Europa League clash

Not one to condon arson but these types of bars are a complete embarrassment and could perhaps benefit from a torching. Always wondered what sort of cretin travels to Spain to spend their 2 weeks drinking in the Bob Malcolm suite of the ‘Billy Bar’ or whatever cringeworthy name they have chosen 

7 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Not one to condon arson but these types of bars are a complete embarrassment and could perhaps benefit from a torching. Always wondered what sort of cretin travels to Spain to spend their 2 weeks drinking in the Bob Malcolm suite of the ‘Billy Bar’ or whatever cringeworthy name they have chosen 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rolling hills will probably be along in a minute to tell us that Bob Malcolm is one of the finest, most misunderstood young men he's ever met.

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

That's incredibly harsh. 

Is it bollocks, he's been guff in every game he's played and in no way an improvement on Lustig, which is remarkable. He's not going to be here in the summer either, he may as well go back now.