The Mighty Celtic... - Page 33 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

Abysmal from Celtic today. Hibs ran all over the top of our midfield and everything was slow as fuck in there.

No idea what Izzaguire's role was supposed to be today. Should have just played Ralston and made it a traditional back four. Both goals were very sloppy to lose, particularly the second. Ntcham and Brown playing together just slows everything down and didn't see the logic in having Sinclair and Forrest switching wings.

Eduoard seems to be struggling up front on his own. Never makes the right runs into the box for me. 

10 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Abysmal from Celtic today. Hibs ran all over the top of our midfield and everything was slow as fuck in there.

No idea what Izzaguire's role was supposed to be today. Should have just played Ralston and made it a traditional back four. Both goals were very sloppy to lose, particularly the second. Ntcham and Brown playing together just slows everything down and didn't see the logic in having Sinclair and Forrest switching wings.

Eduoard seems to be struggling up front on his own. Never makes the right runs into the box for me. 

Was hoping we would get Ralston back on loan in January. He did very well at United.  

Just now, Jim Beem said:

Was hoping we would get Ralston back on loan in January. He did very well at United.  

Did he? I saw him play on the TV for United (in the playoff v Livy I think it was) and he looked poor but good to know that wasn't a regular thing then.

I'd be surprised if anyone was loaned put in January unless we get about 6 players in. Would like to see Mikey Johnson get a run of games at another top flight club like Christie did at Aberdeen because I think he could become a very good player

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Did he? I saw him play on the TV for United (in the playoff v Livy I think it was) and he looked poor but good to know that wasn't a regular thing then.

I'd be surprised if anyone was loaned put in January unless we get about 6 players in. Would like to see Mikey Johnson get a run of games at another top flight club like Christie did at Aberdeen because I think he could become a very good player

Our whole team was shite that night. Granted we are not very good but Ralston done well, most fans I know would definitely take him back.  Seemed to be a decent lad as well 

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

What about the Hibs lad that scored in 48 seconds only to be cut down by Brown for what should have been a red?

Was he able to answer the call for the second half?

Couldn’t of been that bad a challenge, didn’t even make the highlights. 

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If Celtic lose the league to rangers they'll be the biggest laughing stock in Scottish football history, ok maybe 2nd biggest behind the oldco 

Not that I see the above happening, Celtic will get their act together 

So you are saying they will only be a laughing stock if it's Rangers who win the league and wouldn't be a laughing stock if Kilmarnock win the league?

5 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

So you are saying they will only be a laughing stock if it's Rangers who win the league and wouldn't be a laughing stock if Kilmarnock win the league?

No I never said or meant that but I'm sure you already knew that. Not like you to get your vagina in twist at my posts is it? 

That's sarcasm by the way

We are horrendous, Rodgers has worked miracles with the team he inherited but his recruitment has been pretty awful and there are so many limited players in the squad it's untrue. We've got to get to the New Year in front and then get to the break and regroup, the fact we are behind Rangers, even with a game in hand is embarrassing.

50 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No I never said or meant that but I'm sure you already knew that. Not like you to get your vagina in twist at my posts is it? 

That's sarcasm by the way

Nothing is in a twist. Just thought you were doing Kilmarnock a disservice. Remember Leicester. You never know could even be Aberdeen.:P

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Celtic will win the league. I have no worries about that. We had a bad result today, but have had a good run off form lately. Every side has a bad game. We will strengthen in January. I just hope lads like Morgan and Johnston get more of a run. End off. HH

Lewis Morgan might turn out to be a good, reliable player for a team like Hibs or Hearts but I highly doubt he's going to make it at Celtic.

Next month you'll hear the biggest cheer this season from Celtic fans when it's announced that Jack Hendry has been loaned out or given a free transfer somewhere. Don't think Celtic have had a player so far out of their depth since Du Wei. 

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Celtic will win the league. I have no worries about that. We had a bad result today, but have had a good run off form lately. Every side has a bad game. We will strengthen in January. I just hope lads like Morgan and Johnston get more of a run. End off. HH

If you mean “of form” rather than “off form” I’ve no idea what you’re basing it on?

Hibs had them sussed today, they don’t have the players to play the game they tried to play today. I said 10 days ago after they dropped 2 points at fir park that a better team would’ve beaten them, and I’m happy to accept that Hibs are a better team just now and did the same to them.

They got chased in Europe in midweek, admittedly by a very decent side.

The ray of sunshine for Celtic is, they have shown regularly under Rodgers that they can turn it on when they need to, like Killie last week.

Brown is past it, and they look far more dynamic without him in the team.

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

If you mean “of form” rather than “off form” I’ve no idea what you’re basing it on?

Hibs had them sussed today, they don’t have the players to play the game they tried to play today. I said 10 days ago after they dropped 2 points at fir park that a better team would’ve beaten them, and I’m happy to accept that Hibs are a better team just now and did the same to them.

The ray of sunshine for Celtic is, they have shown regularly under Rodgers that they can turn it on when they need to, like Killie last week.

And incredibly they still want to give him a contract extension :shocked:

Slightly OT for a second but sbcmfc are those lads Alan Campbell and David Turnbull at your club worth keeping an eye on ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle

36 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Fuck me, one bad result and Hibs are a better squad at the moment, and Brown is past it. Tell me something then. How would Hibs have got on against Salzburg the other night? They would have been royaly fucking pumped. It's all about opinions though, and you are entitled. I just can't wait till Celtic win the fucking league for 8 in a row, then 9, then 10. I also believe Celtic have played more matches than any other club in Scotland no?! We were missing Griffiths, Tierney, Christie, but hey, we are suddenly found out. Fucking hilarious. As usual, Celtic Flying the Flag for Scotland in Europe. Anyhoo. Rant over. CELTIC FOREVER. 10IAR

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fuck me, one bad result and Hibs are a better squad at the moment, and Brown is past it. Tell me something then. How would Hibs have got on against Salzburg the other night? They would have been royaly fucking pumped. It's all about opinions though, and you are entitled. I just can't wait till Celtic win the fucking league for 8 in a row, then 9, then 10. I also believe Celtic have played more matches than any other club in Scotland no?! We were missing Griffiths, Tierney, Christie, but hey, we are suddenly found out. Fucking hilarious. As usual, Celtic Flying the Flag for Scotland in Europe. Anyhoo. Rant over. CELTIC FOREVER. 10IAR

He meant hibs are a better team than Motherwell ye lunatic. 

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Slightly OT for a second but sbcmfc are those lads Alan Campbell and David Turnbull at your club worth keeping an eye on ?

Turnbull is one of the most exciting players we’ve had come through since faddy. He has potential to go far. Really comfortable on the ball, can beat a man, strikes the ball really well...

Campbell is a fans favourite, unbelievably hard working. I’m sure he tackled someone in the dug out to get the ball back to take a quick throw in, in a game last season.

:lol:

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I think Rangers have played same number of games?

(same in Europe, Celtic had 1 more in LC, Rangers played 1 more in league)

and most of them with 10 men.

😛

Celtic need to rotate the squad a bit, but trying to play football across their own penalty area with Brown sitting so deep has been shown twice in 2 weeks to be easy to play against and guys like Hayes and Morgan not grabbed their chance like Christie did.

Craig Gordon isn’t a good enough footballer to play that way either.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

He meant hibs are a better team than Motherwell ye lunatic. 

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Nup

Yes, a better team than Motherwell would have punished Celtic, like Hibs did yesterday when Celtic tried it again.

Not wanting your keeper to launch the ball is admirable, but sometimes needs must.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Turnbull is one of the most exciting players we’ve had come through since faddy. He has potential to go far. Really comfortable on the ball, can beat a man, strikes the ball really well...

Campbell is a fans favourite, unbelievably hard working. I’m sure he tackled someone in the dug out to get the ball back to take a quick throw in, in a game last season.

:lol:

Thanks for the reply. We'll just need to wait and see what fate has in store for those two lads.