The Mighty Celtic... - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

16 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Good to hear. He is growing in confidence. I like that Bhoy. HH

His energy levels are very impressive. Was still making bursting runs into the box in the 89th minute. Scott Brown may find it's not a given that he'll walk back into the team.

Benkovic and Boyata at the back are the unsung heroes and a big part of why we seem to have a bit of form back imo. Scoring plenty but keeping clean sheets regularly too now which we simply couldn't manage just a few weeks ago. Just a pity that we'll lose both in the summer and be back to square one again.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

7 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

His energy levels are very impressive. Was still making bursting runs into the box in the 89th minute. Scott Brown may find it's not a given that he'll walk back into the team.

Benkovic and Boyata at the back are the unsung heroes and a big part of why we seem to have a bit of form back imo. Scoring plenty but keeping clean sheets regularly too now which we simply couldn't manage just a few weeks ago. Just a pity that we'll lose both in the summer and be back to square one again.

Was just speaking with one of my mates who watched the game today. He said Celtic are much more attack minded without Brown in the side. Said McGregir was brilliant and Christie starting to look the part. Thinks Celtic have turned the corner. Hope he is right. 8 goals against hearts in 2 matches, and 2 clean sheets, I would say that is positive. 🙂

24 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Next few games won't be easy. 5 games in a row away from Celtic Park after the Germans visit. 

Leipzig at home

Livingston away

Hamilton away

Rosenborg away

Aberdeen at Hampden  

Motherwell away

Killie at home 

Leipzig going well in the Bundesliga (3rd behind Dortmund and Bayern Munich) and won 3-0 away to Hertha yesterday. Going to be a big test but it's a game we need to win. We should really be beating Livingston and Hamilton regardless of how well Livy have started.

I think we'll beat Rosenberg if we have beaten Leipzig and have something to play for. The cup final can go either way but we do have a good record against Aberdeen. The Leipzig result could actually be a factor in that one too cos if we're still in with a chance of qualifying then it will be a full strength team in Norway just 3 days before the final, similar to when they beat the Huns in the semi final.

Killie at home will be another exciting home game with a big crowd. Along with the games v Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs so far already the home games have been as enjoyable as the aways this season for a change. Long may it continue 

It is good to see Ryan Christie playing at his best again, he was kind of wasted at celtic for a bit, not playing much etc. Hes also bulked up which he really needed and can still be a bit lightweight, but a great player when he finds his form and can only be good for Scotland

15 minutes ago, Kirk said:

It is good to see Ryan Christie playing at his best again, he was kind of wasted at celtic for a bit, not playing much etc. Hes also bulked up which he really needed and can still be a bit lightweight, but a great player when he finds his form and can only be good for Scotland

👍👍

19 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Agreed. Although probably worth noting that it has only been a handful of games. Let's hope he can keep it going.

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Agreed. Although probably worth noting that it has only been a handful of games. Let's hope he can keep it going.

Yeah true but at least he is getting more game time and showing what he can do.

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Do Rosenborg have a plastic pitch? Be interesting how they cope with three games on that...

We were 0-0 there earlier this season but we didn't need to win as we were 3-1 up from the first leg.

We won 1-0 there last season after drawing the first leg 0-0. Forrest scored a cracker.

I'm pretty sure it was a grass pitch. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, Scotland Ever More said:

Killie at home will be another exciting home game with a big crowd. Along with the games v Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs so far already the home games have been as enjoyable as the aways this season for a change. Long may it continue 

My work night out the night before with a free bar, fitba at Parkhead then my mates missus's 30th at night back in Killie.

What could possibly go wrong!

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-46109874

surely Celtic could release an apology instead of distancing themselves from this issue?

I'd certainly like them to come out with some sort of statement on the matter. A lot of fans will be irked by the silence.

Spoke too soon. A pretty nothing statement has been released. Was hoping for a bit more.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I'd certainly like them to come out with some sort of statement on the matter. A lot of fans will be irked by the silence.

Spoke too soon. A pretty nothing statement has been released. Was hoping for a bit more.

just read the statement, distancing themselves again. That will leave them open to criticism

22 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Good luck the Brendan and the Bhoys tonight. COYBIG. HH..

Apart from the Anderlecht and PSG games last year, we've played well at home in Europe and maybe not got the results we deserve, so i've no doubt we can give Leipzig a game, but nothing less than a win and we are done for.

17 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Tough game tonight but I have a feeling we will get a result. The two goals we lost over there were completely avoidable so if we can cut that out it will be a massive help

Hopefully Benkovic is playing, he's certainly made a difference in the domestic games. And I know it won't happen but i'd go with Ajer at right back, he's played well there a couple of times and can get up and down better then Lustig but I can't see Rodgers going with that.

Tonight could go either way. They're missing a good few players, but they'll still have the ability to win well if they're on form. Celtic need 11 players on their game tonight and cannot afford any passengers.

A win and Celtic will stand a half chance of qualifying, but a win or a draw and they're on their arse.

I'll go for 2-2.