The Mighty Celtic... - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

9 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Maybe he is a wank in your opinion but what does that say for the managers at the time who asked him back? I believe the current manager walked out on his country for money so i take it he's a wanker too?

Correct, can't believe he was allowed back as Scotland manager

14 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Maybe he is a wank in your opinion but what does that say for the managers at the time who asked him back? I believe the current manager walked out on his country for money so i take it he's a wanker too?

In the modern game It speaks volumes about the state of game in scotland  when a thug like Brown is lauded as some sort of hero. The type if player Brown pretends to be is long gone from the modern game. 

43 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

In the modern game It speaks volumes about the state of game in scotland  when a thug like Brown is lauded as some sort of hero. The type if player Brown pretends to be is long gone from the modern game. 

The most successful team in the world has a 'thug' like Brown, Sergio Ramos. So it is still part of the modern game. Personally i would prefer to watch a player who gets stuck in to the opposition than a 'modern' day player who rolls about like a pussy. Too many of Neymars type for my liking in modern day football. Just my opinion though.

8 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

The most successful team in the world has a 'thug' like Brown, Sergio Ramos. So it is still part of the modern game. Personally i would prefer to watch a player who gets stuck in to the opposition than a 'modern' day player who rolls about like a pussy. Too many of Neymars type for my liking in modern day football. Just my opinion though.

Sergio Ramos is a sneaky fucker and not anywhere near the same type of character as brown. Sergio also gets punished...................he's had 24 red cards and thats only at Real Madrid. Brown has had something like 4

Brown plays on the hard man image because he's allowed to, in any other league he'd be punished and he'd soon change his attitude. 

I prefer players who get stuck in too and not every modern player is a pussy, you can play a fair and strong game without bouncing about like a ned and beating your chest like you're some sort of tough guy. 

don't know the ins and outs of who's to blame but have to agree with Commons that Brendan hasn't managed to get a quality centre half in during his time at Celtic...and has had the money to do so.

you can't argue that he's done incredibly well with 6 trophies but there have been drawbacks which you can legitimately highlight.

i don't agree getting humped 7 nil is par for the course and should just be accepted.  This "but they have a squad costing 200million excuse" is bollocks.  That's just buying power, the actual quality of the player has not increased exponentially, simply the price tag.  Celtic have played plenty amazing teams and not been humiliated in the past.  He hasn't changed his tactics to reflect who he's playing.

He hasn't bought the defenders he needs to ensure champions league qualification.

Even so, the team he had there was still better than AEK.  It's a failure whatever way you look at it.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

10 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

don't know the ins and outs of who's to blame but have to agree with Commons that Brendan hasn't managed to get a quality centre half in during his time at Celtic...and has had the money to do so.

you can't argue that he's done incredibly well with 6 trophies but there have been drawbacks which you can legitimately highlight.

i don't agree getting humped 7 nil is par for the course and should just be accepted.  This "but they have a squad costing 200million excuse" is bollocks.  That's just buying power, the actual quality of the player has not increased exponentially, simply the price tag.  Celtic have played plenty amazing teams and not been humiliated in the past.  He hasn't changed his tactics to reflect who he's playing.

He hasn't bought the defenders he needs to ensure champions league qualification.

Even so, the team he had there was still better than AEK.  It's a failure whatever way you look at it.

Cannot disagree with that. Good post..

Listen folks. I am.a Celtic man. I will defend them, as would any supporter would. In saying that, Brown does let us down now and again. Has moments when he snaps. Is he dirty at times, sure. Does he get the bad end of tackles at times. Sure.  It goes both ways. He is also a great leader when he is on his game. I love Broony, but at times he is a bit over the top. Still glad he is our Captain though. Now, folk that say he walked out on Scotland need their head examined. The amount of matches he plays for Celtic, his age, and his injuries, the man has to look after his career. He is focused on Celtic. He was a great servant to Scotland, always wore the jersey with pride and gave 100 percent every match. Just my opinion for what it's worth. HH

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Btw, that's me ahead of Rolling hills and his " mighty Rangers thread". Still impressive though. 127 replies for a team that's deid. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Aw, and you were doing so well tae...