The Mighty Celtic... - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

47 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

And Christie, GMS, Ciftci etc etc. The list could go on, but you know that already. 

47 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

And Christie, GMS, Ciftci etc etc. The list could go on, but you know that already. 

GMS had a good run when he started then lost form. Not Celtic's fault if these guys can't make the step up. 

16 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Why is that an embarrassment?

Very good point. Celtic were formed by Brother Walfrid from Slago I believe. Celtic were formed from Irish roots. They have every right to fly the Tricolour. Whenever I have been at Paradise, I have always worn a Celtic top. I do not fly an Irish flag as I am Scottish. However, I do not have any issues with the Irish flag being flown. Celtic is a Scottish club, but we cannot ignore its roots and the very foundation from where it was formed. Just my opinion..

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Very good point. Celtic were formed by Brother Walfrid from Slago I believe. Celtic were formed from Irish roots. They have every right to fly the Tricolour. Whenever I have been at Paradise, I have always worn a Celtic top. I do not fly an Irish flag as I am Scottish. However, I do not have any issues with the Irish flag being flown. Celtic is a Scottish club, but we cannot ignore its roots and the very foundation from where it was formed. Just my opinion..

Anyone who has a problem with the Irish flag is supporting the wrong club.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Anyone who has a problem with the Irish flag is supporting the wrong club.

I don't have a problem withe the Irish or England flag.  It''s flying them at a Scottish club side.  But it is what it is.  I would like to think most people on here would agree?

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I think you should check you posts.  Is this not a direct question to me asking my opinion? 

No I asked you to explain why it was an embarrassment because I knew you couldn't. You avoided answering  it so you've proved me correct.

Your opinion still means absolutely nothing to me. 

Edited by Scotland Ever More

26 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Better get McGinn signed. Broony gets hurt we are fucked. Although I think McGinn is cup tied now for CL? Did he play in Europa last week? 

If he signs he will be cup tied for the qualifiers but can play in the group stage should Celtic get there

On 8/3/2018 at 6:19 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I have decided to start my own Celtic thread. I did not ask permission as I havnae a clue who the mods are. I will post whatever I want within the rules about Celtic throughout the upcoming season. Feel free to post all good things Celtic.. Nae slagging me. 😁😁. 8IAR coming soon...

When are you’s sending Scott Allan over?

On 8/4/2018 at 10:56 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ok then. We will see what happens in the future. Players like Morgan and Jack would probably not get a sniff at the National team had they not moved to Celtic. At least BR is bringing SCOTTISH youth to the squad. How many Celtic players play for Scotland? I respect your opinion mate, but let's be honest, these players wanted to come to Celtic and knew they would have to work to get in the first team..

Erm....Morgan hadnae kicked a ball for Celtic when he got capped. He got capped solely based on his performances for St. Mirren. Or are you saying he only got capped because he had physically signed for Celtic??

5 hours ago, Marky said:

Erm....Morgan hadnae kicked a ball for Celtic when he got capped. He got capped solely based on his performances for St. Mirren. Or are you saying he only got capped because he had physically signed for Celtic??

Not at all Marky, and I meant no disrespect to St.Mirren football Club. Was honestly not aware young Morgan has a competitive Cap with the National squad. I was just merely pointing out I think these have a better chance being Scotland regulars as they will, if they work hard enough, get Champions League experience, which unfortunately St. Mirren cannot offer. Just ma opinion mate. 

19 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Not at all Marky, and I meant no disrespect to St.Mirren football Club. Was honestly not aware young Morgan has a competitive Cap with the National squad. I was just merely pointing out I think these have a better chance being Scotland regulars as they will, if they work hard enough, get Champions League experience, which unfortunately St. Mirren cannot offer. Just ma opinion mate. 

He hasn’t had a competitive cap, but you never mentioned anything about competitive games. Only that players like him wouldn’t get a sniff. Well he’s had two sniffs on the South American tour. 

Anyway, your overriding point might be sadly accurate, but I was just pointing out that Morgan was a bad example. 

4 hours ago, Marky said:

He hasn’t had a competitive cap, but you never mentioned anything about competitive games. Only that players like him wouldn’t get a sniff. Well he’s had two sniffs on the South American tour. 

Anyway, your overriding point might be sadly accurate, but I was just pointing out that Morgan was a bad example. 

Fair play Marky. Cheers bud..

To be completely honest Marky. I love that Celtic are signing Scottish players. Only downside is, they will learn, but the danger is if they dont make the breakthrough to the first team, sadly they will be on the bench or playing for the reserves. It's a big gamble, but like I said, these lads know what they are in for. I hope Morgan gets his chance, not seen alot of him but from what I have read he has bags of talent. 

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

To be completely honest Marky. I love that Celtic are signing Scottish players. Only downside is, they will learn, but the danger is if they dont make the breakthrough to the first team, sadly they will be on the bench or playing for the reserves. It's a big gamble, but like I said, these lads know what they are in for. I hope Morgan gets his chance, not seen alot of him but from what I have read he has bags of talent. 

I like you better when you are steamin.  Sober you are a boring cant 💩.  So get steaming Big Yin!!