Potential Party in Podgorica, Montenegro - Albania V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Potential Party in Podgorica, Montenegro

@neaver82

Potential party in Podgorica, Montenegro on Thursday 15th November depending on numbers. I know a lot of people will be flying into Podgorica that day en route to Albania and there is a Scottish bar called McClouds in the town centre with capacity for about 150 people. I've spoken to the owner and he is keen to host us for the night. He said he would book a band if we wanted so I just wanted to know who would be in Podgorica that night and who would be keen to go along. There's 8 of us from Blairgowrie going to go.

23 minutes ago, @neaver82 said:

Potential party in Podgorica, Montenegro on Thursday 15th November depending on numbers. I know a lot of people will be flying into Podgorica that day en route to Albania and there is a Scottish bar called McClouds in the town centre with capacity for about 150 people. I've spoken to the owner and he is keen to host us for the night. He said he would book a band if we wanted so I just wanted to know who would be in Podgorica that night and who would be keen to go along. There's 8 of us from Blairgowrie going to go.

Not to demean your admirable efforts, but I'm based in Podgorica and McCloud's is an awful bar. I'm not surprised he is keen to host the TA.as he would make more in one night than he makes in 6 months.

And no way on earth does it hold 150. I'd estimate 70 at a squeeze. The Irish bar on the main drag near the stadium would be a more feasible option in my experience.

44 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Not to demean your admirable efforts, but I'm based in Podgorica and McCloud's is an awful bar. I'm not surprised he is keen to host the TA.as he would make more in one night than he makes in 6 months.

And no way on earth does it hold 150. I'd estimate 70 at a squeeze. The Irish bar on the main drag near the stadium would be a more feasible option in my experience.

I take it owner is a Liverpool Fan? As looking at photos of the place, a few pics of Kenny Dalglish among the Man United, Chelsea, Man City shirts and scarfs, and photos of Pierce Brosnan and the Stone Roses are the closest links to Scotland I can see? 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Fair enough if you live there you know better than me. He said it seats 100 with room for about 40 standing. I only estimate about 50 to 70 people anyway. Thought it made sense to all meet in the same place and if we got a band for free without having to mess about with selling tickets or any of that nonsense i have no interest in being involved in then all the better. Maybe you would be able to organise something rather than me?

Edited by @neaver82
spelling

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

I take it owner is a Liverpool Fan? As looking at photos of the place, a few pics of Kenny Dalglish among the Man United, Chelsea, Man City shirts and scarfs, and photos of Pierce Brosnan and the Stone Roses are the closest links to Scotland I can see? 😂😂😂

Where are you seeing that? I can only find a Facebook page for them?

11 minutes ago, @neaver82 said:

Where are you seeing that? I can only find a Facebook page for them?

https://foursquare.com/v/scottish-pub-mccloud/59b30bd96eda027f54397a04

Reminds me a lot of Big Ben Scottish in Zurich, which the owner really tried to sell to us before the trip, but showed up and was rather rubbish.

Edited by wanderer

On 8/2/2018 at 3:47 AM, Barney Rubble said:

When he spells McLeod as he does it’s usually a give away. A lot of cunts here do that with McLean spelling it McLane and then telling you it’s 100% Irish as it has a Mc in it. 

2 hours ago, dynamokev said:

3 from Lanark staying in Podgorica that night. It would be good if we could arrange somewhere to gather 

Agree. I posted a similar post on Facebook and there's about 30 odd said they are in town plus I know of another big squad who will be there. I actually don't get off my own flight until 18.30 that night so I've no intention of being the type of guy that sells tickets or any of that nonsense. But thought if I said to a pub, look, if we can get 50/60 people to come to your pub will you put a band on for us for free or something then that might be worth the time it takes to send an email or two. Work in progress at the moment.

Podgorica isn't Glasgow, Paris or Prague. It isn't even Ayr. It's a village. 

With all due respect to your initiative, there's no need to arrange anything. Everyone will naturally congregate to the street where McCloud is, and the one parallel to it where the pick-up bars are. Because that's all there is in Podgorica.

That's your party. It will happen naturally because there are so few options anyway.

Trust me.

18 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Podgorica isn't Glasgow, Paris or Prague. It isn't even Ayr. It's a village. 

With all due respect to your initiative, there's no need to arrange anything. Everyone will naturally congregate to the street where McCloud is, and the one parallel to it where the pick-up bars are. Because that's all there is in Podgorica.

That's your party. It will happen naturally because there are so few options anyway.

Trust me.

Considering the numbers will be low I don't see the harm in having a meeting point.

26 minutes ago, @neaver82 said:

Considering the numbers will be low I don't see the harm in having a meeting point.

OK - fair enough, if you insist.

My proposal, based on direct experience, The Beer Factory in Moskovska - craft beer place that brews its own in house and can hold about 200.

Fairly central and much more appropriate for the TA than McLoud's could ever be.

19 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

OK - fair enough, if you insist.

My proposal, based on direct experience, The Beer Factory in Moskovska - craft beer place that brews its own in house and can hold about 200.

Fairly central and much more appropriate for the TA than McLoud's could ever be.

Sorry, maybe Im being daft but I cant find a Beer Factory listed anywhere, can you point me in the right direction please?

Is it the place noted below?

PG Akademija Piva

On 8/4/2018 at 4:16 PM, Barney Rubble said:

That's the one - Beer Academy, not Beer Factory as I said, my apologies.

Fun, fun place in my experience.

Aye - that's because TA coulnae organise a piss up in a brewery 🍺

Sorry coulnae resist!

• 2 months later...

Lads, I've been swithering aboot whether to go to the game or no as the three pals I normally go with cannae make it but have finally decided to go to it as a "lone soldier". I get in to Pod mid afternoon Thursday via Vienna. Anyone else on that flight as I don't know whether to Kilt it or nae as starting from Heathrow ? - Are there a few still planning to meet up in Pod ? Did you settle on the Beer Academy ?   

On 8/2/2018 at 9:47 AM, Barney Rubble said:

Barney, I'm looking for a bit of advice re travelling to/from Podgorica to Shkoder. We've been hit with a couple of flight time changes which mean going via Tirana isn't an option anymore so looking at rebooking via Podgorica. We would arrive on the Saturday lunchtime and be leaving about the same time on the Sunday which mean the bus times don't look like they will work. In your experience would it be pretty straight forward organising a taxi from the airport to Shkoder or will there be hassle with them not wanting to cross the border? Thanks

On 10/21/2018 at 7:28 PM, csm88 said:

Barney, I'm looking for a bit of advice re travelling to/from Podgorica to Shkoder. We've been hit with a couple of flight time changes which mean going via Tirana isn't an option anymore so looking at rebooking via Podgorica. We would arrive on the Saturday lunchtime and be leaving about the same time on the Sunday which mean the bus times don't look like they will work. In your experience would it be pretty straight forward organising a taxi from the airport to Shkoder or will there be hassle with them not wanting to cross the border? Thanks

Hi Cam,

I`m really not sure. My feeling is that it shouldn`t be an issue. I suggest you contact a taxi compny directly and negotiate with trhen.

If it`s any help, the firm my company uses is PG Taxi (https://pg-taxi.me). They are reliable, but I`ve never had to use them for a cross border trip.

Get in touch directly with them and see what they offer you.

Hope this is helpful.

On 10/22/2018 at 7:19 PM, Barney Rubble said:

Hi Cam,

I`m really not sure. My feeling is that it shouldn`t be an issue. I suggest you contact a taxi compny directly and negotiate with trhen.

If it`s any help, the firm my company uses is PG Taxi (https://pg-taxi.me). They are reliable, but I`ve never had to use them for a cross border trip.

Get in touch directly with them and see what they offer you.

Hope this is helpful.

Thats great, thanks for the recommendation. I've dropped them an email so will see what they say.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:00 PM, csm88 said:

Thats great, thanks for the recommendation. I've dropped them an email so will see what they say.

Managed to get a taxi sorted that will take me from Podgorica airport direct to Shkoder on the Saturday for £40.

If any other TA are arriving on the Budapest to Podgorica Wizz Air flight that gets in at 13:25 want to join then let me know, we've got 2 spaces.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, Barney Rubble said:

Should probably say folks, on the back of Barney Rubbles advice I didn't bother taking this any further or look at any other places to organize a meeting point. Too much hassle.