Help finding a (possibly Deacon Blue?) tune - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Help finding a (possibly Deacon Blue?) tune

I'm a big fan of Stewart Lee and I just got round to watching his "Content Provider" show on BBC iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bdcnwq/stewart-lee-content-provider# (unfortunately you do need to be registered to view it)

Anyway, right at the end of the show (1hr 52 mins onwards) there's a tune playing while he's talking. No words, just music. I tried to Shazam it but I'm assuming him speaking screws up the search. He references Deacon Blue throughout the show, so I don't know if it's one of theirs. That's the only possible clue I have really. I don't even know if it's part of a song at all. It might just be a bit of random music that doesn't go any further. If anyone is able to listen and knows what it is, I'd be most grateful. I did try a few Deacon Blue song intros on youtube, but without any luck. Thank you. 👍

5 hours ago, George Saint said:

I'm a big fan of Stewart Lee and I just got round to watching his "Content Provider" show on BBC iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bdcnwq/stewart-lee-content-provider# (unfortunately you do need to be registered to view it)

Anyway, right at the end of the show (1hr 52 mins onwards) there's a tune playing while he's talking. No words, just music. I tried to Shazam it but I'm assuming him speaking screws up the search. He references Deacon Blue throughout the show, so I don't know if it's one of theirs. That's the only possible clue I have really. I don't even know if it's part of a song at all. It might just be a bit of random music that doesn't go any further. If anyone is able to listen and knows what it is, I'd be most grateful. I did try a few Deacon Blue song intros on youtube, but without any luck. Thank you. 👍

Could you hum it to us?

Try tweeting Tim Kirkby he was the director of all Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle and content provider.

I have tried to find a clip of it so folk can see without signing up and tried to find a list of the full credits, been unsuccessful though, Lee can't be reached that dude might be on twitter though.

Was on the end credits

Fur Seelenbinder

Hope that makes up for not getting the Stewart Lee/Sarcasm effort on the evolution thread

Edited by Ally Bongo

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The fact he thinks that music is by Deacon Blue makes me go :wtf:

Stewart Lee did 3 Deacon Blue jokes in the stand-up act, but refers to them quite a bit as well. So it wasn't totally out of the blue guess, i guess.

more info

http://observer.com/2016/08/this-krautrock-olympics-soundtrack-will-blow-your-mind/

Edited by phart

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. 😥 It genuinely never occurred to me to check the credits and stuff. I can't remember ever wanting to find a tune before like that, so I had no idea how to go about it. I shall endeavour to remember the whole credit checking technique in future. I apologise for wasting your time doing something that I could have done.

I did also clarify that the Deacon Blue suggestion was only a chance thought. Many, many thanks for your efforts and for helping me find it. 👍

By way of an apology, I'm granting you your independence. Be free, my tartan children. You'll just need to get it verified by the British government in a referendum. Please everyone remember to tick the Yes box this time. We don’t want any more slip ups!

• 2 weeks later...

Stewart Lee is by far the best comedian to come out of England since.... probably ever. Genius of a man.

Edit:

Aaaand i go to click on GS's link only to see "BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues."

Lee is a genius, but the BBC are c*nts.

Edited by Dave78