Football Video Games - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Football Video Games

59 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Binatone football, classic. 

Literally minutes of fun were had...

I had a Tandy version that had ice hockey (same as football only the ball/puck/pixel could bounce round the back of the goals).

You could see why this was therefore the greatest thing ever seen when it came out...

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Literally minutes of fun were had...

I had a Tandy version that had ice hockey (same as football only the ball/puck/pixel could bounce round the back of the goals).

You could see why this was therefore the greatest thing ever seen when it came out...

I wasn't even allowed a binatone my faither was convinced it would damage the telly. 

14 minutes ago, phart said:

Some triple save by the keeper in that international soccer game

The game had a downfall that if you shot from the wing and aimed the ball behind the keeper he just jumped straight up and it was always a goal. We eventually banned scoring like that, otherwise everybody just made a beeline for the sweet spot on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Football Manager by Kevin Toms :-)) 

Had it on the Vic20 - nae graphics and only 5 characters for players names!

Had it on the Spectrum :)

What is really freaky is that a certain Stuart Campbell did a negative review of one of the later versions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager_(1982_series)

Edited by Ally Bongo

Kids dont realise how good they’ve got it nowadays with games like this. 

My lad always wonders how I can get to grips with fifa on his PS4 a lot quicker than he does, so I just remind him that I’ve been playing the game since about 1994 :lol:

That was a revolution in gaming, score from the halfway line and run away from the ref when he tried to book you :rollsmile:

• 1 year later...

You'd think taking 4 points from Holland and winning all your other games would be good enough even if you did lose both Belgium games...

(Hanley passed it to Lukaku to score for their 1-0 at Hampden and Holland snatched an injury time equaliser in Amsterdam as well!)

Screenshot_20191029_124630_football.manager.games.fm19.touch (2).jpg