Lunar Eclipse - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

It's extremely expensive, but tourists do go to Antarctica and get told that they are at the South Pole because they put an actual pole out as proof (and they believe them).

c1.jpg

Correct. That's why I'm saying.

The ice walls hold the oceans in, but the ice wall itself isn't a major obstacle for exploration.

Which is why we have the wall patrolled by guards to prevent gods truth being revealed. It's not fuckin rocket science. I was very impressed by your reply re the metal dome. You didn't reply to my questions but you covered them in your reply to another poster to a certain extent. From my understanding of what you posted, it's a cast construction of several pieces joined together. I'd still be very interested to know what 'metal' it is made from?

I'm making a bit of leap of faith here but what do you think about this. Bearing in mind gods boy was a carpernter, do you think he got those skills from his dad. Cause I'm thinking., in order to pour the cast metal dome he's gonna need a mould which he could have formed out of wood. Form the mould in wood, pour the molten metal over the mould. the hot metal contacting the wood would start the wood burning but a gaseous layer would form insulating between the two allowing the metal to cool without the wood disintegrating. Knock out the remaining partially burned wood and you are left with a nice metal dome. Probably would still need polished though.

Oh, and since it's made up of several sections I guess they were riveted together, any imperfections of polishing the rivets flush would account for the light being reflected at odd angles producing the 'star effect'.

Scotty: How many guards are employed at any given time to guard the ice wall? How do they recruit them & make sure every one of them is going to keep schtum?

If as suggested it's 47,000 miles all the way around, I'd speculate you're going to need to have approaching 100,000 on duty at any given time just to provide a basic level of protection (you can triple that or more if you are actually trying to protect a widespread global conspiracy). Allowing for shift cover, guards being allowed to take leave, etc., that must go up to (maybe) 300,000 or more. Assuming again they retire at some point, there must be alive today millions of people who have been employed there.

Wouldn't you think at least one of them would have had something credible to say by now - maybe taken some photos (the absence of photos from the Moon that meet your criteria is, after all, one of the major planks of the 'fake Moon landing' argument). There are loads of examples of soldiers whistle-blowing all sorts of things, & they could presumably just go straight to a FE group & show them how to get all the proof they need?

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I did so because the ice wall wouldn't be impenetrable.

Perhaps you were assuming that the dome comes down at the ice wall.

It doesn't.

The impenetrable dome is beyond the ice wall.

Admiral Byrd could have easily got past the ice wall and travelled to the dome.

His discovery initiated the 'Antarctic Treaty'.

a5491cd4e938efeb5f9ccd076a285817.jpg6633c1da105bbb4c44f46f50ded8c4fe.jpgba33bf24a89d1c82d950887745212341.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. It's the dome that's impenetrable, not the ice wall. 

I wasn't making any assumption about the dome meeting the ice wall.  However the dome must eventually somehow meet the ice platform (the bit above/beyond/south of the ice wall). Can you tell us what that interface is like?

From your graphic it looks as if an explorer proceeding  along the more or less flat ice platform would come to a more or less vertical metallic 'wall' (the flank of the  inside of the dome).  Is that correct? 

And...  is the base of the dome circular, i.e. geometrically perfectly a circle? 

Edited by exile

51 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

That looks like a film of the Ross Ice Shelf. The cliffs extend for almost 400 miles, impressive but a lot less than 50,000 miles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Ice_Shelf

While some people may be genuine in their beliefs, I can't believe that all the people who make those flat earth videos believe that they are true.  I mean, come on, pools of warm water and pyramids? They must think we're stupid.  It's almost as if there's a conspiracy to fool people?

16 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

I'm happy with a (b)

Thanks. Would be nice to get a few more replies to see if we can get a consensus for what spherical-Earthers and Flat Earthers think the answer is. 

Once you realise all these world theories of Scotties are based in proving the literal interpretation of the scriptures true, you know what you're dealing with.

Dozens of civilisations with no contact with each other across the millennia have all deduced a "spherical object" as the shape of our Terra firma.

They used different methods as well.

On 1/12/2019 at 4:41 PM, exile said:

wereldkaart-pinguin-projectie.jpg

Now here's a question for everyone.

Suppose you're in a ship positioned just north of the northernmost point on Antarctica. You sail on a straight course due east.  Where do you end up?

(a) Where you started from.

(b) You crash into Antarctica (whose frigid shore is on your right.) 

(c) You go off at a tangent (and eventually hit another continent, not Antarctica).

C.

you are positioned above Antarctica. You move to the right.  You hit what looks like the southern tip of India to me. Assuming north Antarctica is above Antarctica.

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

C.

you are positioned above Antarctica. You move to the right.  You hit what looks like the southern tip of India to me. Assuming north Antarctica is above Antarctica.

Thanks.  Yes I mean the ship is for example at 60 degrees south, which is between S America and Antarctica. 

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Using that flat earth map you will not clear the Antarctic peninsula and if you did you would then hit he mainland. 

But on a globe fuck knows, probably some weird answer.

When you say flat earth map you mean the rectangular projection immediately above?  

Or the "Flat Earth" one?  😁

heading_flatearththeory.jpg

And which "mainland" do you mean?

Either way, the ship's starting position is already to the north of any "Antarctic peninsula". And you are asked simply to sail due east... 

Just now, thplinth said:

If you are at the ballearth South Pole then no matter what direction you step you are going North. At the flat earth South Pole what is the deal? 

In the Flat Earth model (see above) there is no South Pole!

2 minutes ago, exile said:

When you say flat earth map you mean the rectangular projection immediately above?  

Or the "Flat Earth" one?  😁

heading_flatearththeory.jpg

And which "mainland" do you mean?

Either way, the ship's starting position is already to the north of any "Antarctic peninsula". And you are asked simply to sail due east... 

The map I quoted. 

Instead of a South Pole, there is a southerly boundary which is where the "ice platform" meets the "base of the dome" (not sure if those are the correct geographical terms!)  

I guess if you are along that southerly boundary, you may head east or west, or anything north of that. 

On the globe model, it's a definite (a) from me - you'd simply circle Antarctica & end up back where you started.

On an FE model, it depends which map you look at, as none of them agree on the shape of Antarctica, nor where the Northernmost point is. Therefore you end up hitting Chile on one version, whereas on another you still end up where you started, except you have to travel a hell of a lot further.

21 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

On the globe model, it's a definite (a) from me - you'd simply circle Antarctica & end up back where you started.

On an FE model, it depends which map you look at, as none of them agree on the shape of Antarctica, nor where the Northernmost point is. Therefore you end up hitting Chile on one version, whereas on another you still end up where you started, except you have to travel a hell of a lot further.

Ok thanks for your answer.  For the FE model I suspect we need someone who actually believes in it to give the answer... 

Although the answer shouldn't depend on the model, in the sense that I'm asking where the ship will actually go, irrespective of our belief in which model. 

Are you lot mental of something.

wereldkaart-pinguin-projectie.jpg

Looking at the above.

North = Up

South = Down

East = Right

West = Left

If you start at the point above (so that must be North) the big white island in the middle of the map and go East / Right you are going to hit India ya loonies. Stay off the drugs.

Edited by thplinth
got east and west wrong