Lunar Eclipse - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 7/29/2018 at 10:43 AM, exile said:

I am just pointing out that you can work out what happens at an eclipse using a handy light source and ordinary objects. Actually it could be done easily with a torch (on a phone) and a CD and a ball, and try making shadows at different angles.

A flat disc's shadow varies from round to increasingly elongated, eventually a thin 'flat' shadow. 

A ball always casts round shadow. 

The shadow of the Earth on the Moon is always round. 

You don't need any authority other than your own eyes.

I think that, in order for that claim to have any gravitas, it should say...

"Thou dost not need any authority other than thine own eyes."

3 hours ago, Kimba said:

Please do not trust in man.  Let God be true and every man a liar.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Who do you think told you about God ?

Cough ..

As to numbers saved, as you can see by the posts most folk are in rebellion.  God can’t force you into eternity.  You’ve decided He doesn’t exist, and you don’t want Him or eternity.  You make the choice out of your own free will.

You still aren't answering even the most basic of questions here.

How exactly do you explain the lunar eclipse, which I'm sure you could have seen & maybe did see. What caused that dark circle on the moon? And why was it a circle? Can you answer that question using (primary school level) geometry?

If you go into a dark room with a frisbee, a football, & a torch, what sort of shadows do they form?

And I'm still waiting for either you or Scotty to give me evidence that anyone saw the Plough or Pole Star while they were with the TA in Peru.

4 minutes ago, Flure said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Romans 3:

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

10 minutes ago, Kimba said:

I know God exists so I trust Him.  You can decide to trust in yourself and a finite temporal physical world if you wish.  You were given that choice.  Free will.

That doesn't answer my questions, it just reaffirms your own personal credo. I disagree with you, so surely you ought to be trying to persuade me by showing why my thinking is flawed rather than just flinging more of the same around?

Just now, Huddersfield said:

That doesn't answer my questions, it just reaffirms your own personal credo. I disagree with you, so surely you ought to be trying to persuade me by showing why my thinking is flawed rather than just flinging more of the same around?

That’s cos you want to get into stuff that is debatable.  Your sin nature isn’t debateable, it’s self evident, so you want to change the subject.

3 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Romans 3:

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Nope. Still nothing.

I was once lectured (like this) by a guy on bird watching. He was quoting all sorts of stuff out of his bird-watching bible.

I politely told him that I wasn't in the slightest bit interested in his hobby.

And neither am I in yours.

Just now, Flure said:

Nope. Still nothing.

I was once lectured (like this) by a guy on bird watching. He was quoting all sorts of stuff out of his bird-watching bible.

I politely told him that I wasn't in the slightest bit interested in his hobby.

And neither am I in yours.

I’m just telling you what God says.  What you decide to do is your own choice due to the free will given to you in this short finite existence

Just now, Kimba said:

I’m just telling you what God says.  What you decide to do is your own choice due to the free will given to you in this short finite existence

God speaks to you? WoW!

I'm sure that the guy I was telling you about conversed with parrots.

Just now, Flure said:

God speaks to you? WoW!

I'm sure that the guy I was telling you about conversed with parrots.

Anything God says is written down for anyone to see.  I just quoted the scriptures.  Only religious people go outside of that.

4 minutes ago, Flure said:

By whom?

2 Timothy 3:16 

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

1 Thess 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Just now, Kimba said:

2 Timothy 3:16 

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

1 Thess 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

That's not even interesting, notwithstanding that it doesn't answer my question.

Who wrote down the word of your God?

Just now, Flure said:

That's not even interesting, notwithstanding that it doesn't answer my question.

Who wrote down the word of your God?

God used men to write down what he wanted to tell humanity.  Seems to all be coming true.  Whilst no prophecy is fulfilled in this dispensation of grace, you can see it all coming together from various directions.

1 minute ago, Kimba said:

the ones in the Bible.  Paul for this dispensation.  He was given the revelation of the mystery.

OK. So, as I understand it, God spoke directly to Paul who wrote down what God said to him. Is that right?