Lunar Eclipse - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

And I have some questions for those who tell us the Earth is a flat disc:

1. How do you explain an eclipse of the moon - the shape of the shadow - unless the Earth is a sphere?

2. What shape is the Moon? Is it a flat disc too? (If so, what's on the other side of it? And what's under the Earth, for that matter?)

26 minutes ago, exile said:

1. How do you explain an eclipse of the moon - the shape of the shadow - unless the Earth is a sphere?

2. What shape is the Moon? Is it a flat disc too? (If so, what's on the other side of it? And what's under the Earth, for that matter?)

Apologies : we cannot answer these questions at this time.

1 hour ago, exile said:

The bible. 

5 hours ago, exile said:

This is from Zetetic Cosmogony:

Now, on a globe of 25,000 statute miles equatorial circumference one has to be 24 feet above sea level to get a horizon of six miles, the "curvature" being 8" to the mile and varying inversely with the square of the distance.

We are thus taught to believe that what appears at all times of the day to be half a circle, or about 180º, is in reality only a few miles, as the earth rotates against the sun and thus deceives us.   But the phenomenon of a lunar eclipse requires, according to astronomical doctrine, that the earth shall be exactly midway between sun and moon, to shut off the light of the sun and thus to darken the moon.  These two "bodies" being then, according to the astronomer, opposite each other and the earth between, must each be 90º, or a quarter of a circle distant from an observer on the earth's surface - that is, half a circle from one to the other.  So that what astronomy, on the one hand, teaches is only a few miles distant, the horizon,  is thus seen to be, according to astronomical measurement, over 6,000 miles on either side of him, east and west.

If in north or south latitude, he would see correspondingly less, but thousands of miles in every case.  But, on the other hand, according to the popular theory, he would have to be hoisted 4,000 miles away in space for such a thing to be possible.  The fact of lunar eclipses having been observed when sun and moon were both above the horizon at the time of the eclipse, and thus that the observer pierced, with the unaided eye, a distance of thousands of miles on either side of him - about half a circle - proves that the earth does not rotate and that it is not the globe of popular belief.  

Sir Henry Holland further informs us that: "This spectacle requires, however, a combination of circumstances rarely occurring - a perfectly clear eastern and western horizon, and an entirely level intervening surface such as that of the sea, or the African desert".

It is in this LEVEL INTERVENING SURFACE that defies all astronomical attempts to make it convex, and proves beyond the possibility of a doubt that the earth is an extended plane and not a globe.

Furthermore, if the earth-globe rotates on its axis at the terrific rate of 1,000 miles an hour, such an immense mass would of necessity cause a tremendous rush of wind in the space it occupied.  The wind would go all one way, and anything like clouds which got "within the sphere of influence" of the rotating sphere, would have to go the same way.  The fact that the earth is at rest is proved by kite flying...... (then there's tons more so I'll stop there).

I don't know the shape of the moon.

What I would say is to not trust the occultists that run NASA - check into a fellow called Jack Parsons - he was good buddies with Aleister  Crowley.   These are the type of folk involved in running NASA.

I'm afraid it's the priesthood of science falsely so called deceiving you all again.

Edited by Kimba

Forgot to say, don't listen to any of the religious retards either.  Because they don't rightly divide, they think we're in end times.  We're in the dispensation of Grace.  If we were in end times God would be pouring out His wrath.  

Kimba - I actually tried to read that & it doesn't remotely make any sense; not linguistically, scientifically or any other way. I don't mean that I don't agree with it - it actually is such a mountain of gibberish I don't know if it's even possible TO disagree with it.

1 minute ago, Huddersfield said:

Kimba - I actually tried to read that & it doesn't remotely make any sense; not linguistically, scientifically or any other way. I don't mean that I don't agree with it - it actually is such a mountain of gibberish I don't know if it's even possible TO disagree with it.

you do the same with religious science though.... as long as it goes against the true God of the Bible.   The book was written in 1899 so may sound a bit different to how we speak today. A lot of truths spoken though regarding how it cant be a globe.    Today most folk trust in the priesthood of science falsely so called.  I don't trust humans because i know they are liars due to the sin nature.

1 hour ago, Kimba said:

you do the same with religious science though.... as long as it goes against the true God of the Bible.   The book was written in 1899 so may sound a bit different to how we speak today. A lot of truths spoken though regarding how it cant be a globe.    Today most folk trust in the priesthood of science falsely so called.  I don't trust humans because i know they are liars due to the sin nature.

In what way do I do the same? If I want to debate elements of faith or doctrine, I at least try to make my argument coherent. 

2 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

In what way do I do the same? If I want to debate elements of faith or doctrine, I at least try to make my argument coherent. 

Unfortunately we have "vain imaginations".... humans make stuff up in their minds.  They especially make stuff up to try and get rid of God and His Creation which is undeniable when you SEE the TRUTH which is plain in your face (took me 7 years to get out of the programming).  The agenda against the truth is perpetuated by those initiated into the vain imaginations - masonry, jesuits et al.  

8 hours ago, Kimba said:

I don't know the shape of the moon.

OK so what is the shape of the Earth? And where does the sun go at the end of the day?

If the Sun is below or behind the Earth then it will cast a shadow. Whatever shape you think the Earth is, we should see the shadow of that shape on the surface of the Moon, do you see what I'm saying?

If the Earth was a flat disc we'd sometimes see a 'flat' shadow. You can try it at home with a light bulb and a plate. You don't need to trust humans, you can see it with your own eyes.

Edited by exile

Any surveyors out there with a theodolite?   Here's an experiment.   Take your theodolite to the shore at one end of Loch Maree and measure a pole at the other end 12 miles away.   Do the same on the shore around half way on or near the islands.   If the same angle is measured for a 6 foot pole at the end as the middle then the earth is flat?   Might be easier on Loch Lomond.

npibnq.jpg

3 hours ago, Kimba said:

Unfortunately we have "vain imaginations".... humans make stuff up in their minds.  They especially make stuff up to try and get rid of God and His Creation which is undeniable when you SEE the TRUTH which is plain in your face (took me 7 years to get out of the programming).  The agenda against the truth is perpetuated by those initiated into the vain imaginations - masonry, jesuits et al.  

So.  As an outsider Kimba.  What do you think of the human race?

The vast majority of the visible universe is impossible to reach.

Even if you could travel at lightspeed forever you still couldn't reach beyond 15 billion light years because the universe is expanding faster than lightspeed.

Di316BPU0AAgl-R.jpg

14 hours ago, Kimba said:

incredible  

21 hours ago, exile said:

OK so what is the shape of the Earth? And where does the sun go at the end of the day?

If the Sun is below or behind the Earth then it will cast a shadow. Whatever shape you think the Earth is, we should see the shadow of that shape on the surface of the Moon, do you see what I'm saying?

If the Earth was a flat disc we'd sometimes see a 'flat' shadow. You can try it at home with a light bulb and a plate. You don't need to trust humans, you can see it with your own eyes.

Sorry for the late reply exile, been busy all day with stuff to do with my move home.  I would love to give you all the answers but I can't - I'm not the authority, I don't know everything. I make mistakes.  What I do know is that I have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.  I know for a fact that the Bible gives me all the truth I need, so I don't rely on myself.   There is a lot of information out there if someone is willing to do their own research, that is what I, as a former atheist diid.  You CAN get to the truth, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  Take care. 

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The vast majority of the visible universe is impossible to reach.

Even if you could travel at lightspeed forever you still couldn't reach beyond 15 billion light years because the universe is expanding faster than lightspeed.

Di316BPU0AAgl-R.jpg

Is the universe a circle?