Evidence of Evolution - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 hours ago, phart said:

He's quoting a Stewart Lee joke about Richard Dawkings. I think he is anyway, it's been changed up a bit, but he was also watching Stewart Lee recently so i guess i'm right.

I actually wasn't aware of the Stewart Lee joke, but I obviously wasn't being serious anyway with regards to my perfection. :)

Richard Dawkings is another hero of mine. 👍

On 8/1/2018 at 3:28 AM, Kimba said:

Salvation is always entirely FREE though, so even if you did not do anything else, you would still be going to heaven.  You just wouldn't have any rewards, which will be taking up positions in the heavenly government.

I know I'm repeating myself, however I'm really quite interested in this 'heavenly government' thing. How many are in this 'heavenly government'?

On 8/1/2018 at 8:48 AM, glasgow jock said:

Your bang on !!

The only "proof" of any God that I know of is a load of man made handwritten fairy tales (Bible(s)) - by men (who didn't know any better) in the iron age

Romans 1:

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:21 PM, Kimba said:

huh ? children?  As for computers, that is not even a living thing.

All I observe is that children are still children (more badly behaved though), cats are cats, dogs are dogs, etc, etc

Oh sure, yeah, there has to be the squillions of years involved for this lame theory to be true (which it isn't).

Fact is, there is no observable evidence of something in an inbetween stage of evolving into something different that you can see with your own eyes right now, only tiny changes within the same species. They're still the same species.  We are the only ones that have a conscience (that will tell you that you are a guilty sinner if you listen to it instead of the sin nature which likes the lies).

Evolution is just religion masquerading as science.

By the way, in the Bible it says there is science "falsely so called" - that's the theory of evolution as originally it came from philosophers who worshipped the gods and goddesses of mythology.    Same old thing happening today, nothing new under the sun.

What on earth are u on about? Complete utter tosh/drivel/garbage/bollox

You're still getting religion which is trying to work your way into heaven with works of the flesh ..... when God says NO WORKS OF THE FLESH WILL BE JUSTIFIED IN HIS SIGHT.

ALL the false relgions including religious Christianity are trying to work for their salvation.  The end result is NO salvation because it is self righteousness, the same as atheism is self-righteousness.

You have to believe the gospel as shown in my signature.  Simple as simple can be, but too simple for stoopid  humans who want to complicate it. 

5 hours ago, Kimba said:

You're still getting religion which is trying to work your way into heaven with works of the flesh ..... when God says NO WORKS OF THE FLESH WILL BE JUSTIFIED IN HIS SIGHT.

ALL the false relgions including religious Christianity are trying to work for their salvation.  The end result is NO salvation because it is self righteousness, the same as atheism is self-righteousness.

You have to believe the gospel as shown in my signature.  Simple as simple can be, but too simple for stoopid  humans who want to complicate it. 

I've asked this question before & never had an answer. How do you explain the fact that Jesus tells his followers to clothe the poor, feed the hungry, free the prisoner? (Matthew 25: 32-45)? Indeed, he says that those who DON'T do that will be sent away from heaven.

Just now, Huddersfield said:

I've asked this question before & never had an answer. How do you explain the fact that Jesus tells his followers to clothe the poor, feed the hungry, free the prisoner? (Matthew 25: 32-45)? Indeed, he says that those who DON'T do that will be sent away from heaven.

because he was ministering to Israel - jews under the law.  Romans 15:8

Later after he went back up to heaven he gave Saul (Paul) the revelation of the mystery which is to be followed in this dispensation of grace.

2 minutes ago, Kimba said:

because he was ministering to Israel - jews under the law.  Romans 15:8

Later after he went back up to heaven he gave Saul (Paul) the revelation of the mystery which is to be followed in this dispensation of grace.

So Jesus made a mistake? Surely he'd have known wouldn't he, not waited until his mate came along to correct it?

Or aren't Jews meant to get a place in heaven?

Edited by Huddersfield

By the way, them being under the law doesn't mean they had to keep the law - because NO-ONE can do that.

The law is the school master to show us we are sinners who cannot keep it.  Unforunately due to pride, some think they can (pharisees) - which is religion and not faith.

The works Israel had to do were works of FAITH, not works of the law. 

1 minute ago, Huddersfield said:

So Jesus made a mistake? Surely he'd have known wouldn't he, not waited until his mate came along to correct it?

Or aren't Jews meant to get a place in heaven?

No, because everyone is saved by faith, however Israel had certain rules because they are considered children (children have to follow rules) and those saved in this dispensation are considered to be adults (make your own decisions based on sound doctrine). 

6 minutes ago, Kimba said:

By the way, them being under the law doesn't mean they had to keep the law - because NO-ONE can do that.

The law is the school master to show us we are sinners who cannot keep it.  Unforunately due to pride, some think they can (pharisees) - which is religion and not faith.

The works Israel had to do were works of FAITH, not works of the law. 

So Jesus is telling them to keep a law that he doesn't actually want them to keep - lying in effect to keep them out of heaven?

3 minutes ago, Kimba said:

No, because everyone is saved by faith, however Israel had certain rules because they are considered children (children have to follow rules) and those saved in this dispensation are considered to be adults (make your own decisions based on sound doctrine). 

And what you are saying here is that Jesus didn't come to earth to spread the truth after all, so shouldn't we all be Paulians not Christians?

1 minute ago, Huddersfield said:

So Jesus is telling them to keep a law that he doesn't actually want them to keep - lying in effect to keep them out of heaven?

And what you are saying here is that Jesus didn't come to earth to spread the truth after all, so shouldn't we all be Paulians not Christians?

hmm, I expect this kind of double mindedness from an unbelieving soul, who does not understand.

Again, Without FAITH it is impossible to please God.  God only shows us the law to show, as sinners, we CANNOT keep it.  NOT that we can try to keep it, since that is impossible!

All He looks for is faith.  There are differences between the doctrines for Israel and the body of Christ (revelation of the mystery), because Israel are justified by works of faith, and have a future salvation at the 2nd coming of Christ, whereas those saved in the dispensation of grace are saved by faith alone and have eternal security right now, and who will be fulfilling the governmental positions in the heavenly places.

So, you can quit trying to say Jesus sinned, because if he did, NO-ONE would be going to heaven.  

7 minutes ago, Kimba said:

hmm, I expect this kind of double mindedness from an unbelieving soul, who does not understand.

Again, Without FAITH it is impossible to please God.  God only shows us the law to show, as sinners, we CANNOT keep it.  NOT that we can try to keep it, since that is impossible!

All He looks for is faith.  There are differences between the doctrines for Israel and the body of Christ (revelation of the mystery), because Israel are justified by works of faith, and have a future salvation at the 2nd coming of Christ, whereas those saved in the dispensation of grace are saved by faith alone and have eternal security right now, and who will be fulfilling the governmental positions in the heavenly places.

So, you can quit trying to say Jesus sinned, because if he did, NO-ONE would be going to heaven.  

As Maggie would have said..."No, No, No". You can't just opt out of debating when the heat gets too much by saying I'm double-mided& lack faith. I'm actually very single-minded on this matter. If there is a God, S/he wants you in this world to do good, not to sit pontificating about theology & condemning each other to Hell because they disagree about some obscure interpretation.

Let's look at a recent example. Presumably, God sends Barry Chuckle to Hell in your world for not having the correct level of faith. In my world, he was a man who (from all accounts of people who knew or met him) was a guy who made it his life's work to bring laughter to others, especially children. So, (assuming what we know about him is accurate) I cannot see why God would send him to Hell for the life he led.

And you still aren't answering my 'theological' question...according to you, Jesus was a liar. You haven't explained that one iota yet & flinging around accusations of unbelieving doesn't get around that problem.

Edited by Huddersfield

7 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

If there is a God, S/he wants you in this world to do good, not to sit pontificating about theology & condemning each other to Hell because they disagree about some obscure interpretation.

Well said.

I don't understand how condemning people to hell improves anything; for the condemner or mankind as a whole.  Do good and don't judge.

I'm not one for castigating people of faith but what is the point of Jesus only appearing when he did?  what about all the folk before him? ARe they donald ducked?

Edited by PapofGlencoe

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.