Evidence of Evolution - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

It's curious that we defecate in exactly the same manner as other mammalia - i.e through a back passage

It's curious that so many other mammalia have 4 limbs, 2 eyes, 1 Nose, 1 Mouth and 2 ears - like we do

It's curious that so many other mammalia have the same genitalia as humans and have sex in the same manner we do - and not always to procreate

It's curious that Apes have 5 fingers on each hand and 5 toes on each foot like we do

It's curious that the foot of an Emu looks almost identical to that of an extinct dinosaur

18 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's curious that we defecate in exactly the same manner as other mammalia - i.e through a back passage

It's curious that so many other mammalia have 4 limbs, 2 eyes, 1 Nose, 1 Mouth and 2 ears - like we do

It's curious that so many other mammalia have the same genitalia as humans and have sex in the same manner we do - and not always to procreate

It's curious that Apes have 5 fingers on each hand and 5 toes on each foot like we do

It's curious that the foot of an Emu looks almost identical to that of an extinct dinosaur

Even leaving aside science - and religion - and talking in purely common sense, everyday experience terms, I think evolution is easier to imagine happening - in terms of how it could happen - diverging families and their traits - than development, that is, how a tiny single invisible cell can transform progressively into a living human being. I mean, a baby is more mindbogglingly inexplicably different from an egg or sperm than a human is from a 'monkey'. From this point of view, development seems more miraculous than evolution.

Edited by exile

36 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If I was a god bothering looney I'd be hitting you with intelligent design. Design something, if it works i.e. back passage defecating (an odd choice), keep it and or improve on it. Same with limbs,eyes etc.

Edited by Eisegerwind

12 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

I was a god bothering looney I'd be hitting you with intelligent design. Design something, if it works i.e. back passage defecating (an odd choice), keep it and or improve on it. Same with limbs,eyes etc.

Ah yes - but that designer could be extra terrestrial rather than a God

Another hornet's nest not to mention 99.9% of living things that have ever existed now being extinct

Pish designer tbh

Edited by Ally Bongo

3 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

If I was a god bothering looney I'd be hitting you with intelligent design. Design something, if it works i.e. back passage defecating (an odd choice), keep it and or improve on it. Same with limbs,eyes etc.

They certainly didn't fit it all in to one Saturday though...

http://www.faena.com/aleph/articles/7-days-of-creation-and-their-most-beautiful-illustrations/

If someone truly believes in religion, then there is no point arguing with them.

I could just as easily ask for proof that a god exists, then trash everything said.

I am interested in the evelotoonary science in this thread though.

J

The blind leading the blind will fall down into a ditch.   (btw I do NOT support the false teacher Ray Comfort who is the one asking the questons in this video - but it does show that folk have blind faith in science falsely so called put out by Freemasons et al).

Love it when he calls Dawkins a religious bigot cos that's exactly what he is.  I feel sorry for duped folk in the self worship religion of atheism. By the way Dawkins is a Freemason - he is doing his job of unleashing the nihilists and the atheists as per the Pike to Mazzini letter.

Edited by Kimba

ATHEISTS ARE NOT BORN ATHEIST!

The very first sentence in the Bible destroys the Atheist argument!

Ge 1:1 In the beginning God ............

No one is born an atheist. Everyone is born believing in God.

Ro 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Ro 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

People all over the world, in the most remote locations, having never heard anything about God, or the Bible or any religion still believe in a god or gods who are the creators of the Earth, and all life.
The American indians believed in the "Great Spirit", long before missionaries came to north America with their religion, disease, and genocide.
The indians believed in god long before the Spanish conquistadors, and missionaries arrived in South America.
People in the jungles of Africa believe in a great creator.
People in the Pacific islands believe in a god, or gods.
People in Asia believe in many different gods.
The first missionaries to China were shocked when they were shown cave drawings depicting a god in the sky bestowing life to the earth.
The evidence of God is everywhere. It is undeniable.
You are born with an awareness that there is a God. A creator of everything. Your own conscience bears witness.

How does an atheist determine right from wrong?
They make their own moral laws. Maybe it's OK to rob a bank, lie to achieve your goals. Anything goes, as long as you don't get caught, because there is no god to be accountable to. 
Isn't that what we are seeing in our world today? A society, a culture, that has no fear of God?

You have to learn to lie to yourself to be an atheist.
You did not decide on your own that there is no God.
Someone taught you not to believe in God. You did not come up with that idea on your own. They tampered with your mind! Some person, or persons tampered with your mind!
They taught you how to suppress those feelings that there is a God.
It probably happened in the public school system learning about the big bang, evolution, and "science" falsely so called.
Any child in school who believes in God and the Bible is considered weird, strange, and out of step with the modern world.
I remember the day my grandson came home from school, when he was maybe in 8th grade, he told me he was talking to his friends. He said they did not even understand what praying is. They could not grasp the concept of praying to God! They thought it was silly, and foolish.

I read an article awhile back that said many kids who enter a Bible College, or seminary, founded by a denominational religion, end up leaving as an Atheist! I am sure this is because in most Bible colleges the first order of business is to get you to doubt the authenticity of the King James Bible. Once you adopt the, "The King James is OK, but there are better translations", attitude, it will be so much easier for those denominational teachers to get you to think what they want you to think.
Smart kids can become disillusioned when they see contradictions in the religious teachings of a particular church.
Without the King James Bible to rely on, they become lost in a sea of confusion.

I have found in my own interaction with people that it is usually the more "educated" people who are Atheist. They have received more indoctrination into the mindset that God is a delusion of uneducated simple people.
These young atheist kids coming out of school think they are so smart.

Ro 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Ro 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Ro 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

These atheist kids today worship idols of materialism. They want the new car, the big house, the $100,000 job, and the fancy vacation. They lust after things that make their flesh feel good. Including casual sex.
They try to show they are morally good people by being concerned about global warming, protecting animals, the environment. It's OK to care about some of these things, but certainly not to put them before God! They worship the creation more than the creator.

Ro 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Ro 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Atheists worship themselves. Their religion is their own self preservation, and indulgences. It is a religion doomed from the start.
Somebody taught them, at a young age, that there is no God. The Bible is a book of fairy tales. This was driven into their brain.

But let's not write them off too quickly! Many Atheists, by the grace of God do come to be saved through faith in Christ.
Do you know someone you care about who is an Atheist?
Keep preaching the gospel to them in love, praying for them.
Atheism is a cult of death. When you preach the cross of Christ to an Atheist you will be wrestling with the devil for the soul of that person.
Through the preaching of the cross the Holy Spirit inside you will work to convict the lost sinner, and bring them to a point where they will have to make a decision of their own free will.
We preach the gospel. We pray. The Holy Spirit works.
Time is so short. Let's not waste it!

Image may contain: text

All I see is folk going on and on about "religion" when they are also in a religion.  Religion is man's attempt at being god or trying to reach god.  Both fail because we are all filthy rag sinners who fall short of the glory of God who is perfect and Holy, so unless you are willing to lose your pride and self righteousness (more sin) and admit you are a sinner, you will never receive the FREE GIFT of eternal life, which is NOT religion but the TRUTH.  And deep down you KNOW this truth because God has given you a conscience to know it to be true.

Edited by Kimba

5 hours ago, Kimba said:

Image may contain: text

Now you're talking!   ;)  :headbang:

Seriously though, you keep saying things like,  "Atheists worship themselves."   Apart from feeling insulted by this, it is nonsense.   I am not a deity;  imagined nor real.

12 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Seriously though, you keep saying things like,  "Atheists worship themselves."   Apart from feeling insulted by this, it is nonsense.   I am not a deity;  imagined nor real.

Aw shit man..

20 hours ago, exile said:

Even leaving aside science - and religion - and talking in purely common sense, everyday experience terms, I think evolution is easier to imagine happening - in terms of how it could happen - diverging families and their traits - than development, that is, how a tiny single invisible cell can transform progressively into a living human being. I mean, a baby is more mindbogglingly inexplicably different from an egg or sperm than a human is from a 'monkey'. From this point of view, development seems more miraculous than evolution.

Talking of human and monkey there’s a film you might enjoy, “Inherit the Wind” about the so called ‘monkey trial’ in America. 

😉😁

20 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Talking of human and monkey there’s a film you might enjoy, “Inherit the Wind” about the so called ‘monkey trial’ in America. 

😉😁

When you have someone stating that empirical evidence is a lie then it's time to give up

7 hours ago, G-Man said:

😉😁

Thanks - I had a quick look online - it seems the film was about intellectual freedom and the "right to think" - based loosely but not wholly factually on a historical case. Maybe the topic needs refreshed, a new film based on the now-classic TAMB debates on defecating monkeys and bendy water.  

On 7/30/2018 at 4:29 AM, Grim Jim said:

Now you're talking!   ;)  :headbang:

You do though, because you've decided there's no God, when there is, so you make your self the authority.   He just wants to give you the entirely free gift of eternal life life if you trusted Him.  Sadly, the religionists are busy trusting themselves and they're the majority who you see - and even a casual observer can see they reek of pride and self righeousness, so that puts folk off.    Whereas the true Christians have simply placed their trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as atonement for their sins.  God can then seal and save them because they trusted Him and not in themselves at all. 

The problem is that religious people don't believe the gospel or doctrine given to Paul - the revelation of the mystery, a secret hid in God from the beginning of the world.  They don't rightly divide. They mix in stuff for Israel, hence their gospel is perverted.   Another oddity is that they go on and on and on about "the gospel" but never tell you the simple gospel.  Their "gospel" is trying to "follow Jesus" in his earthly ministry to Israel - the so called red letters.

Edited by Kimba

One more thing.  Another thing the religious do to pervert the gospel is they add in "repent of your sins" FOR salvation.   They redefine the meaning of the word repentance when it simply means to have a change of mind, not stop sinning, which NO-ONE CAN DO.   You have to get saved first and have the righteousness of Christ imputed to you -  then you can start getting the sound doctrine in Romans 1-8 and the rest of Romans-Philemon, and then in light of the revelation given to Paul you can study the rest of the Bible.  

Salvation is always entirely FREE though, so even if you did not do anything else, you would still be going to heaven.  You just wouldn't have any rewards, which will be taking up positions in the heavenly government.

2 Cor 5:

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Ephesians 1:13  In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14  Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Edited by Kimba