Does ScottyCTA Have A Weegie Accent? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Does ScottyCTA Have A Weegie Accent?

8 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Hi.  Big Ron here.  Changed my name by deid poll.  And Kimba I don't want to go to heaven.  None o my pals will be there.

Hiya. I’ll be there, and you know me 😃.   As a pal once said to me, It will be those sitting at bar stools who believed the simple truth going there rather than the pious pew huggers who tried to earn it.

26 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Hiya. I’ll be there, and you know me 😃.   As a pal once said to me, It will be those sitting at bar stools who believed the simple truth going there rather than the pious pew huggers who tried to earn it.

Or, perhaps, people of all faiths and none who just spent their days trying to do the right thing. 

19 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Or, perhaps, people of all faiths and none who just spent their days trying to do the right thing. 

Nope.  Because 1.  That is worship of false gods over the one true God and 2. self-righteousness.

Another way to see the truth is that the false beliefs all have a works salvation:  i.e. if you're a "good" person you'll go to heaven.

The true God says no-one is good.  There are none that do good, no not one.  All have fallen short of the glory of God.  You need a Saviour who died for your sins.   

Edited by Kimba

29 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Another way to see the truth is that the false beliefs all have a works salvation:  i.e. if you're a "good" person you'll go to heaven.

The true God says no-one is good.  There are none that do good, no not one.  All have fallen short of the glory of God.  You need a Saviour who died for your sins.   

I’m a fucking great person but really don’t give a flying fuck if I go to heaven, hell, or Methil. 

Where do I stand ? 

Edited by Jim Beem

4 hours ago, Kimba said:

My new band 😚

Edited by bonzo

4 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

I’m a fucking great person but really don’t give a flying fuck if I go to heaven, hell, or Methil. 

Where do I stand ? 

If  you admit that you can't be righteous in yourself  i.e. you're a sinner, then when you trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as atonement for your sins, God can then impart His righteousness to you because you believed the truth and you are then sealed and saved forever.  Which means that all things are lawful for you (1 Corinthians 10:23).  This means that you can do whatever you want to do after you are saved, and you still have eternal life.

In practice, it is very rare to find a church that will teach this.  Granted, Baptists and non-denominationalists say that they believe in eternal security, but, if you commit adultery, smoke, drink, or murder someone, they would say that you were never saved in the first place (Scotty!!!!) because a "Christian would never do those things".  In other words, over 99% of Christian churches, including those that proclaim on their doctrinal statement that eternal security is true, believe you must work to maintain your salvation.  The difference among the denominations is how much you can get away with before they label you as "not saved" or "backslidden".   

Therefore, even churches that teach eternal security do not really believe it, because they will say that someone is not saved if he "keeps sinning".  Their rational is that God has changed us so that we no longer have the desire to sin after we are saved.  All saved people know this is not true, because, to our flesh, sin is just as much of a temptation after we're saved as before we're saved, as Paul will point out in chapter 7 of Romans.  Paul also says that a saved person still has a "vile body" (Philippians 3:21), even after he is saved.  This means that a saved person has the same ability to sin after he is saved than before he was saved.  Granted, a saved person can walk in the Spirit, but he can also, just as easily fulfill the lusts of his flesh.

Fact is, when you get saved, you are a "new creature" but it's not on the outside appearance, as religious people want it to be - it's internally - your soul and spirit - "inner man" - and your new inner man CANNOT sin and you can never, ever, ever, ever lose your salvation.  Good news, Good news all the way!

I hope this helps.

15 minutes ago, Kimba said:

If  you admit that you can't be righteous in yourself  i.e. you're a sinner, then when you trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as atonement for your sins, God can then impart His righteousness to you because you believed the truth and you are then sealed and saved forever.  Which means that all things are lawful for you (1 Corinthians 10:23).  This means that you can do whatever you want to do after you are saved, and you still have eternal life.

In practice, it is very rare to find a church that will teach this.  Granted, Baptists and non-denominationalists say that they believe in eternal security, but, if you commit adultery, smoke, drink, or murder someone, they would say that you were never saved in the first place (Scotty!!!!) because a "Christian would never do those things".  In other words, over 99% of Christian churches, including those that proclaim on their doctrinal statement that eternal security is true, believe you must work to maintain your salvation.  The difference among the denominations is how much you can get away with before they label you as "not saved" or "backslidden".   

Therefore, even churches that teach eternal security do not really believe it, because they will say that someone is not saved if he "keeps sinning".  Their rational is that God has changed us so that we no longer have the desire to sin after we are saved.  All saved people know this is not true, because, to our flesh, sin is just as much of a temptation after we're saved as before we're saved, as Paul will point out in chapter 7 of Romans.  Paul also says that a saved person still has a "vile body" (Philippians 3:21), even after he is saved.  This means that a saved person has the same ability to sin after he is saved than before he was saved.  Granted, a saved person can walk in the Spirit, but he can also, just as easily fulfill the lusts of his flesh.

Fact is, when you get saved, you are a "new creature" but it's not on the outside appearance, as religious people want it to be - it's internally - your soul and spirit - "inner man" - and your new inner man CANNOT sin and you can never, ever, ever, ever lose your salvation.  Good news, Good news all the way!

I hope this helps.

So to sum it up, you could appear to be and maybe are, an utter cunt in this world, but as long as you trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as atonement for your sins, you're going to heaven, easy,sorted. Could you give me the numbers on the 'heavenly government' that I asked about on the other thread?

Edited by Eisegerwind

53 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

So to sum it up, you could appear to be and maybe are, an utter cunt in this world, but as long as you trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as atonement for your sins, you're going to heaven, easy,sorted. Could you give me the numbers on the 'heavenly government' that I asked about on the other thread?

Correct, because "in me dwells NO good thing" Romans 7:18   We're carnal, sold under sin.  The mistake the religious folk have made is that they think they can be good in their flesh but God says, no works of the flesh will be justified in His sight, because the flesh stinketh!  All they are doing is even more sin.

Now, what you can do is to learn to walk in the Spirit - i.e. get the sound doctrine into your inner man,  building that up.  And it works from the inside out.    

Edited by Kimba

2 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Correct, because "in me dwells NO good thing" Romans 7:18   We're carnal, sold under sin.  The mistake the religious folk have made is that they think they can be good in their flesh but God says, no works of the flesh will be justified in His sight, because the flesh stinketh!  All they are doing is even more sin.

Now, what you can do is to learn to walk in the Spirit - i.e. get the sound doctrine into your inner man,  building that up.  And it works from the inside out.    

1 minute ago, Kimba said:

Sorry, will get back to you on the heavenly government. 

Cool. I was pretty sure I was right about what you were meaning, sometimes you post a lot of stuff with the bible quotes that go on forever but the message is pretty simple. Looking forward to the numbers on the 'heavenly government'.

Well, obviously we can't know numbers but here's an article that may interest you

Quote"

All members of the Body of Christ will inherit and share in Christ’s authority in the heavenly places: the inheritance is the heavenly places (see Ephesians 1:10-11). However, some believers will have limited participation. The reward of the inheritance” (Colossians 3:24) is the role the believer will play in the heavenly places. As in earthly governments, there are various ranks or positions in heaven’s governments. Ephesians 1:21 and Colossians 1:16 speak of “thrones,” “dominions” “principalities,” “powers,” “mights,” and “every name that is named.” These are offices in which beings (angels in Heaven and humans on Earth) function as rulers.

The specific rank, office, or role we hold/play is the “reward” bestowed to each Christian at the conclusion of the Judgment Seat of Christ. This reward is contingent upon the type or quality of doctrine we put into our soul on Earth. We will “receive for the wrong” (Colossians 3:25)—that is, suffer a penalty for bad doctrine. The penalty is a loss of reward, our reigning with Christ limited (had we not had that bad doctrine inside us, our reigning would have been more influential). Again, the inheritance is going to Heaven (free gift because of Jesus Christ’s finished crosswork). However, the reward of the inheritance is based on our Christian service, and that reward is the position we will hold and serve in within Heaven’s governments. The Judgment Seat of Christ is the review of all our Christian service (what we did since we first trusted Christ).

Full article here: https://forwhatsaiththescriptures.org/2017/08/14/fire-at-judgment-seat-of-christ/

So, you can see why it would be important to build up the inner man with sound doctrine.   Salvation is still free though.

11 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Well, obviously we can't know numbers but here's an article that may interest you

Quote"

All members of the Body of Christ will inherit and share in Christ’s authority in the heavenly places: the inheritance is the heavenly places (see Ephesians 1:10-11). However, some believers will have limited participation. The reward of the inheritance” (Colossians 3:24) is the role the believer will play in the heavenly places. As in earthly governments, there are various ranks or positions in heaven’s governments. Ephesians 1:21 and Colossians 1:16 speak of “thrones,” “dominions” “principalities,” “powers,” “mights,” and “every name that is named.” These are offices in which beings (angels in Heaven and humans on Earth) function as rulers.

The specific rank, office, or role we hold/play is the “reward” bestowed to each Christian at the conclusion of the Judgment Seat of Christ. This reward is contingent upon the type or quality of doctrine we put into our soul on Earth. We will “receive for the wrong” (Colossians 3:25)—that is, suffer a penalty for bad doctrine. The penalty is a loss of reward, our reigning with Christ limited (had we not had that bad doctrine inside us, our reigning would have been more influential). Again, the inheritance is going to Heaven (free gift because of Jesus Christ’s finished crosswork). However, the reward of the inheritance is based on our Christian service, and that reward is the position we will hold and serve in within Heaven’s governments. The Judgment Seat of Christ is the review of all our Christian service (what we did since we first trusted Christ).

Full article here: https://forwhatsaiththescriptures.org/2017/08/14/fire-at-judgment-seat-of-christ/

So, you can see why it would be important to build up the inner man with sound doctrine.   Salvation is still free though.

12 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Why can't we know the numbers, it's not obvious to me? I'm a 'science so called falsley' person, I like numbers.

Is that quote from the bible or an explanation of some extracts from the bible.

It's no biggie really but if we had a rough number we could then move on to other stuff like what are they governing, is there an upper house, does big g have the final say, do they make rules on stuff like how often the heavenly buckets are lifted or is it big stuff like how big will we make the universe,will we make that star go supernova etc.

22 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Where do I stand ? 

You have clearly never been to Methil, otherwise you would never make such a rash statement.:lol:

On 8/3/2018 at 6:52 PM, Eisegerwind said:

You god botherers like to make sweeping statements but when we try to pin you down on numbers you tend to weasel out. I managed to pin Scotty down to a number a few years ago. Suffice to say we've not got to his number yet but no signs so far.

2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the TRUTH

I'm not sure why you're obsessed by how many people will be saved in the dispensation of grace.  We don't know and what does it matter?    The main question is are you a sinner?  If yes, you need a Saviour.  Let your God given conscience answer for  you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 4:47 PM, Kimba said:

I hope this helps.

Doesn't look like Scotty is going to answer any of the points made in this thread and is going to continue on in his man made works religion, which makes a lot of money for churches.  Those giving the truth of the gospel of grace don't make much/any money.    Very sorry his conscience has become so seared, but that's what happens with religious people.  It's actually easier to get atheists saved as they can see their sin nature more easily.  That's how it happened for me anyhow. 

2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Amen

13 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I'm not sure what you are asking.

The horizon (coming from the word 'horizontal') is shown as a straight line.

Exactly, and the sun is disappearing beneath the horizon. Which on a terracentric flat world would be impossible unless it got dark everywhere simultaneously.