Does ScottyCTA Have A Weegie Accent? - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Does ScottyCTA Have A Weegie Accent?

10 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

With the sun being so far away its rays are parallel so the effect you see is indeed similar to railway tracks disappearing into the distance.

I'm not getting that.

Shouldn't the sun's rays be straight from so far away?

In order,

Photo 1. The base of that triangle is about the length of my forefinger, so to scale, the height of the sun is a bit less than the length of my forefinger, surely that can't be right.

Photo2. That looks like it was taken from space so that's obviosly CGI ' space doesn't exist.

Photo 3. Thats obvously lots of little suns, mini suns as they are known, pointing in different directions.

Photo 4. "This can only happen on a flat surface". Says who?

Photo 5. "Does it take 93 milliom miles to get there". Yes.

Next.

Edited by Eisegerwind

23 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Can you?

How high are the clouds?

5 miles?

1. our eyes have a limit to how far we can see 

2. atmospherics

3. diffraction 

Always one of my faves, I can see for billions and billions of miles. Maybe I'm special though. I need specs for this pish but.

Edited by Eisegerwind

3 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Yeah ,but, no but. There isn't really anything to discuss about the geometry of planets and continents other than 'that's interesting, need to learn more about that'. Discussing the possibility that our current understanding is wrong and that the earth is flat consequentially must include that our current understanding is all a conspiracy and flights are faked.

3 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Yeah ,but, no but. There isn't really anything to discuss about the geometry of planets and continents other than 'that's interesting, need to learn more about that'. Discussing the possibility that our current understanding is wrong and that the earth is flat consequentially must include that our current understanding is all a conspiracy and flights are faked.

But my point was simply, for me, implications of different physical configurations is worth discussing, fakery isn't. For others it might be other way round, fine. 

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Can you?

How high are the clouds?

5 miles?

1. our eyes have a limit to how far we can see 

2. atmospherics

3. diffraction 

You'll have noticed being on a plane that they fly above the clouds. eg. Concorde used to cruise at 80000 feet - 15 miles up. Visible from the ground (on a clear day). 

If the sun and moon etc are 3000 miles away how can we see them if our eyesight is limited?

The Pyramids were already a thousand years old (at least) before Moses was born and they are built to specifications of a round earth. Since then unconnected pockets of human learning have all came to the same conclusion independently and across millennia.

Here's how you tell how honest an inquiry is, Huddersfield demonstrated a way to do an experiment using a camera a year and the night sky. I bet you our intrepid "honest inquirer" has take zero photo's yet. All you need to know.