Does ScottyCTA Have A Weegie Accent? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Does ScottyCTA Have A Weegie Accent?

16 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Have you ever sinned Kimba?  Simple question.  God might not read the TAMB ( and I am sure he doesn't) so u can tell me the truth without fear of the burnie place.  Sinner?

Hello.  Of course, otherwise I wouldn't need a Saviour.  We all have this problem, even when we think we are being "good" we are actually puffed up with sin being our pride and self righteousness.  That's why it bothers me so much when religious people try and add works by the back door for salvation.  It hurts my heart that people don't see the simple gospel.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Salvation is simple, religion makes it seem difficult and "bad news" because religious people want to boast about something they did for it.

If there is a god of any description waiting for me when I shuffle off this mortal coil, I hope he precisely wants to know what I & everyone else did on this earth to warrant getting past the angelic bouncers. 

As far as I’m concerned, if we have been put on this earth by a divinity rather than by scientific fluke (& I genuinely don’t know which if I’m honest) then if it’s not to benefit humanity & try my best to do good, then I’m just going to have to accept my place in hell with every other bugger I’ve known that has tried to make the world a better place but never said a prayer about it. 

4 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

If there is a god of any description waiting for me when I shuffle off this mortal coil, I hope he precisely wants to know what I & everyone else did on this earth to warrant getting past the angelic bouncers. 

As far as I’m concerned, if we have been put on this earth by a divinity rather than by scientific fluke (& I genuinely don’t know which if I’m honest) then if it’s not to benefit humanity & try my best to do good, then I’m just going to have to accept my place in hell with every other bugger I’ve known that has tried to make the world a better place but never said a prayer about it. 

There is.  And He wants you in eternity, not in this temporal (temporary) world.   Just trust Him and not in your self. ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I agree there.  My feeling is that you should always keep an open mind.  Be good to people and see where it goes from there.

2 hours ago, Kimba said:

There is.  And He wants you in eternity, not in this temporal (temporary) world.   Just trust Him and not in your self. ❤️ 

Genuine question. What came before God? He had this thought about creating the world but what came before his first thought. Where did God come from?

8 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Genuine question. What came before God? He had this thought about creating the world but what came before his first thought. Where did God come from?

Nothing came before God as He is eternal - infinite - alpha and omega.  Here are a couple of articles you can read if you wish.

https://forwhatsaiththescriptures.org/2013/12/29/was-god-bored-before-creation/

http://graceambassadors.com/mystery/why-god-created-all-things

When we go into eternity people will take up different positions in the heavenly government (which will not be corrupt unlike this earthly one) depending on how much sound doctrine they've put into their souls (this is achieved by simply reading God's word rightly divided and believing it).  Salvation is always a free gift though that no-one could ever earn or merit. Even if you did nothing after trusting in the death, burial and resurrection as atonement for your sins you will be going there (Scotty and others that have gone the way of Cain into religion will disagree because they're trusting in something they think they did).  

Romans: 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Edited by Kimba

So, Kimba, Billy Graham is in hell...not for being a bit dodgy, but for failing to correctly interpret theological nuances. Given that you are so utterly convinced that the only interpretation of divinity that can possibly be considered is your own (even to the extent that you vehemently attack other people who presumably believe in 90+% of what you believe in) we have to assume that only a few hundred people are ever going to make it to heaven.

Now the problem is that you don't have to YouTube too far to find dozens of minor variants all saying exactly that - that their view is the only one that unlocks the celestial gate.

And there are plenty of Muslims I know will say that we are all, in fact, born Muslim & refusing to stick to it knackers you up. So they are screwed.

You want us to back your one, very blinkered, horse but there are thousands out there that we could back. Which tends to make me think that actually, God doesn't want you to be blinkered, but rather just to be good. If, of course, he exists at all (non-existence gives us yet another horse to back).

The more I see of these narrow-minded preachers (I mean, what sort of believer in God feels the urge to spend 45-minutes videoing himself condemning a preacher on the day he died?) the more convinced I am that there's no point even trying to fathom it all out. I actually genuinely believe, regardless of all the theological nonsense, that I step closer to any heaven that exists by giving a homeless guy a bowl of soup than I ever will spending my every waking moment working out the mistakes that some obscure preacher is making.

Hey Huddersfield, please actually listen to him.  Graham might actually have been saved whilst acting as an enemy of the cross of Christ.  He would still be saved if he believed the true gospel at some point.  No-one knows except God and him.  He did perpetuate false gospels that sent millions the wrong way though 😢😢

What we can know is that any self righteousness does not save and Islam denies the death burial and resurrection of Jesus. Christ.  Allah is not God.  Islam is a horrid religion of bondage. 

Nah.

Attention Scotty!    Please listen (and anyone else) get out of religious works based Christianity.   The truth is spiritual not carnal (flesh).  You do not maintain your salvation by doing works of the flesh (which will not be justified in His sight).

Edited by Kimba

He makes them on his way to work every day.  Oh, wow, I am just watching this one, it explains it all.  Our heart is deceitful above all things and is desperately wicked who can know it!  We think we can be good, but we can’t. in us dwells no good thing  - carnal sold under sin.   This is a very difficult thing for man to admit.   You need the righteousness of Christ imputed to you by believing the gospel for today. The one below.

Good morning Kimba. Serious question. Have you been able to convince anyone on this message board to believe in what you believe in? You have derailed numerous threads, however, I've yet to read a post by anyone who supports what you consistently say, some people have shown respect, some have had a go at you but yet to read a post that agrees with you. Maybe you have been pm, i don't know? Your persistence is to be admired though.

3 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Good morning Kimba. Serious question. Have you been able to convince anyone on this message board to believe in what you believe in? You have derailed numerous threads, however, I've yet to read a post by anyone who supports what you consistently say, some people have shown respect, some have had a go at you but yet to read a post that agrees with you. Maybe you have been pm, i don't know? Your persistence is to be admired though.

That's not the word I would use.;)