2 Del Amitri tickets - tonight 21 july Edinburgh castle - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 Del Amitri tickets - tonight 21 july Edinburgh castle

Just now, bonzo said:

I On hearing this I jumped in the car and headed to Glasgow, something wasn't right...... I was driving with the brakes on 😚

You wont get home too soon that way

• 2 weeks later...

I went, was pretty poor. No bevvy(officially) and was full of old folk like myself.....Only about 75% full. I was there in 93 for last gig and it's clearly too long ago. Currie's voice was good enough but castle not great when not full, was a bit cold and crowd were anemic at best. That and no bevvy and well...bit of a washout.

Went to see Depeche Mode last Wednesday in Berlin, they brought beer to your seat......Sound was amazing and surprisingly crowd much younger.

Edited by cammyk

8 hours ago, cammyk said:

I went, was pretty poor. No bevvy(officially) and was full of old folk like myself.....Only about 75% full. I was there in 93 for last gig and it's clearly too long ago. Currie's voice was good enough but castle not great when not full, was a bit cold and crowd were anemic at best. That and no bevvy and well...bit of a washout.

Went to see Depeche Mode last Wednesday in Berlin, they brought beer to your seat......Sound was amazing and surprisingly crowd much younger.

I read a review 2 days later which pretty much sums up your post.

I had no idea there was no bevvy. Cant remrmber the last time I was at a gig without a bar. Probably Edwyn Collins at Paisley Abbey. Even I wouldnt sneak a hip flask into a church.

I went to see Del Amitri in Edinburgh castle about 20 years ago, they were headlining but I actually went to see Aztec Camera who were supporting them. I ended up very drunk, all I remember afterwards was wittering on to 2 Danish guys about Lurpak butter and Danishhhhhh bacon. Thats all I knew about Denmark .

No wonder they banned booze 🙂