Closedown Bank - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Image result for clydesdale bank image

Clydesdale Bank were a Scottish bank with the right to issue their own notes. They have recently started dishing out English notes from their cash machines. There are stories of some takeover by spoilt-brat Branson. Are we in the process of losing another Scottish institution, without consultation, presumably under English law or Bankster law.

49 minutes ago, jailender said:

They are owned by an Australian bank, if my memory serves me right. Still getting Clydesdale notes in machines. Not been a Scottish owned bank for several years.

Yep, my Dad has shares in them, and whenever the annual reports come in, its all Australian addresses and stuff all over it, with Clydesdale (which I found to be one of the worst Banks I have ever had to do business with) a logo in a corner or a mention here and there.

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Clydesdale bank hasn't been an independent Scottish Bank since 1920  hardly a Scottish institution. 

Yep it was part of Midland Bank when I opened an account with them in the dim and distant.  Now it's part of Yorkshire Bank. Slowly moving north...