Johnston/Middleton - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Johnston/Middleton

SkyBlueScot

I don't disagree they are doing good things at youth level but still between 18 and 21 there should be more young players playing first team football. There is absolutely nothing wrong with dropping down divisions at that age to play every week and learn the game. Just because you play on loan for Queens park doesn't mean you will end up playing for Queens park. Best example Andy Robertson. In fact the majority of the Scotland Squad have not come through an old firm youth system. A player like Calvin Miller should be playing every week. He is back up to Kieran Tierney. Tierney is excelling and Miller's sitting watching him. Get out there and play yourself. He may not be better than Tierney but he never will be if he never plays!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If he keeps going as he is at the moment then Glenn Middleton should make his debut next year.

Yet, why do I just get the nasty feeling that Gerrard will bring in another winger in January and bump Middleton down the pecking order ?

Middleton is much better than that lad Kent they have on loan from Liverpool that Gerrard seems determined to squeeze in at Middleton's expense.

6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Middleton is much better than that lad Kent they have on loan from Liverpool that Gerrard seems determined to squeeze in at Middleton's expense.

The loan terms include a minimum number of appearances maybe?

7 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If he keeps going as he is at the moment then Glenn Middleton should make his debut next year.

Yet, why do I just get the nasty feeling that Gerrard will bring in another winger in January and bump Middleton down the pecking order ?

Won't there be an agreement about playing time Kent will have? I think Liverpool sent a bill to a lower league club last season for something like half a million for not playing enough?

9 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

The loan terms include a minimum number of appearances maybe?

7 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Won't there be an agreement about playing time Kent will have? I think Liverpool sent a bill to a lower league club last season for something like half a million for not playing enough?

Your both most likely correct :ok:

On 9/26/2018 at 10:14 PM, SkyBlueScot said:

Kent is also playing really well at the moment, much better than Middleton for taking up position when off the ball. Middletons delivery (especially at corners) is far superior already but rarely gets a long ball to run at. Kent is happy to receive the ball and take a man on, something Rangers are severely lacking in. Kent would be better served in midfield to create some space then hopefully the wingers would get better service.

Rangers wingers are sometimes too predictable in the build up play, especially Tav and Candelias. Now there is definite wing potential on the left with Kent, Barassic and Middleton all good at crossing  the ball. 

Good times ahead hopefully.

Ran slightly off topic there...Middleton is going to be class

Edited by The White Ceelo