Transport from Airport to Tel Aviv - Israel V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transport from Airport to Tel Aviv

j b lyons

Looking at transport from Ben Guirion Airport into Tel Aviv and prices are shocking for such a relatively short journey - getting quotes of £40 upwards for one way. During the day the train would be fine but arriving at 2150 on Wednesday night so taxi or shuttle seems only option if I am ever to get to my accommodation. Getting back on Saturday evening seems slightly cheaper but again train is out as being a Saturday (Sabbath) it is only a limited service.

Anyone have details of any reasonably priced taxis or shuttle bus for a single traveller

Been checking different transfer websites but just keep getting quoted around the same as you’ve had

I arrive about 10:30 so getting from the airport isn’t the problem, I fly out at 5:30 in the morning and the security outbound is meant to be mammoth so I might just bite the bullet and the return leg

Last time I was there we got a taxi and arranged a price with driver before getting in so he switched meter off....we went for €40 (£35) for 4 of us in cab ....if you are travelling at peak times then ask for arranged price as traffic is horrendous and he told us that fare can double......another time we used the train and it was about £10 single if I remember

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For anybody requiring a reliable and decently priced transport from / to Ben Guirion airport and Tel Aviv can I suggest 'Abraham Tours'. As a solo traveller a lot of the firms are quoting anything from £60 - £90 Abraham tours (now booked) quoted me 180 shekels into Tel Aviv town centre and 60 Shekels back to airport which is basically £50. You will struggle to find anything cheaper

https://abrahamtours.com 

45 minutes ago, j b lyons said:

For anybody requiring a reliable and decently priced transport from / to Ben Guirion airport and Tel Aviv can I suggest 'Abraham Tours'. As a solo traveller a lot of the firms are quoting anything from £60 - £90 Abraham tours (now booked) quoted me 180 shekels into Tel Aviv town centre and 60 Shekels back to airport which is basically £50. You will struggle to find anything cheaper

Good man. We had been trying to sort this without much luck 

The Mrs and me arrive 2140 from Paphos on the Tuesday night. If anyone else is around at that time we can share a taxi. If not, our hotel has sent us directions using the train from the airport to town then a bus that drops us at the hotel. Very cheap using that method.

14 hours ago, sporranmaster said:

I arrive about 4.15pm Tuesday (from Prague) - anyone else arriving that time & looking to share taxi?

I am also out of Prague on the Tuesday. Think my flight is later than yours though. I leave at 12.45 with SmartWings.

Edited by tartanarmycraig

23 hours ago, j b lyons said:

Good shout. £12 from the centre to airport is bang on.

I got a train on Monday from Ben Gurion to Haifa for £8 single.

Surely a train to a central Tel Aviv Hashalom station then a taxi would be a good shout? (BTW have a wonder through Sharon’s Market for a bite to eat and a beer).

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

On 9/5/2018 at 10:04 PM, sporranmaster said:

I arrive about 4.15pm Tuesday (from Prague) - anyone else arriving that time & looking to share taxi?

Hi 2 of us are also on that flight and are looking for options to get into Tel Aviv as like others have found it does seem dear

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:18 PM, Bristolhibby said:

I got a train on Monday from Ben Gurion to Haifa for £8 single.

Surely a train to a central Tel Aviv Hashalom station then a taxi would be a good shout? (BTW have a wonder through Sharon’s Market for a bite to eat and a beer).

J

Aye, that's what me and my mate plan to do (he doesn't know this yet :lol: ) on the way there. Hotel is only a mile and a half away from HaShalom and we get in to Israel early doors so no need to rush to get to the hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 8:25 AM, STARSKY said:

Anybody know if the trains run from the Airport to Tel Aviv during the night ??

We arrive from Istanbul at 0210 on the Tuesday morning

I would be interested in vice versa during night. Leaving Tel Aviv at 6.45am on Friday morning. Is there any public transport from city centre back to Airport at night?