New York - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New York

giblet

25 minutes ago, giblet said:

thank you for the feedback/advice! 😀

3 nights will go fast but ......... Josephine's is an experience for dinner (not cheap though) and cocktail bar at the Rockefeller has stunning views at night ($20 a cocktail and $10 a beer though). For something different look into the 'Ride'... it's a good laugh or Harlem pub crawl was excellent. Once you're out of cash the Staten island ferry is free at least! 👍

The Musket Room and Lovely Day on Elizabeth Street are excellent. Musket Room is a New Zealand restaurant, it's pretty pricey but the food, the booze and the service is amazing. Sunny Day is Thai scran, really reasonable, fresh scran and a nice vibe about the place.

Robertas pizza in Bushwick is great as well, some of the best pizza I've had, very reasonable and interesting to go to a place that once pretty dodgy by all accounts but has gentrified to within an inch of it's life. Brooklyn is great as well, Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg is full of bars and restaurants, a lot of them are achingly 'cool' but all do good beer and good food. Also went to a place run by a Scottish guy who is a friend of a friend for Brunch that was lovely, I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called but it was beside Christopher Street Station.

Best dive bar we went to was right off time Square, which we had tried to avoid but were recommended this place and it was brilliant. Run by an old boy who used to be a boxing trainer, cheap bevvy and an amazing jukebox full of soul classics and was bouncing with what you'd describe as normal New Yorkers I suppose, it was an amazing place.

Thanks for all the  feedback , appreciated.  Got booked up at the Essex House Marriott overlooking Central Park for 3 nights.

Looking forward to it, in Atlanta first for 5 nights so getting a North and South flavour trip.

You'll get an excellent dinner with an incredible view at Robert : http://robertnyc.com/

A speakeasy tour is also highly recommended.

If you're going up the WTC i'd advise trying to get the first time of the day. That way it'll be quieter when you get to the top and you'll enjoy it far more.