league cup - Page 32 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I hope that's not the view Aberdeen players get. That's the west stand that's empty so if the Aberdeen players are seeing that then it's safe to say I won't enjoy the game

Just for illustrative purposes. Thats close to 10000 seats isn't it ?

Edited by EddardStark

1 minute ago, theweestevie said:

Ok one of the major issues. The fact that only one stand of 4 is where people want to sit doesn't help matters

Fair enough, I accept that

It's sad that it's come to this, and blaming (You haven't) the Aberdeen support is completely deflective of the real reason

If it makes a point and has a chance of making a difference, I'm all for it

That of course, is only my opinion

Enjoy the game

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Fair enough, I accept that

It's sad that it's come to this, and blaming (You haven't) the Aberdeen support is completely deflective of the real reason

If it makes a point and has a chance of making a difference, I'm all for it

That of course, is only my opinion

Enjoy the game

Personally I feel all Aberdeen fans should try and fill every single seat then demand more, this is the only possible way to prove a point, the scenario just now is only helping the SFA prove a point and won't let it happen again by citing this game. Next time it will be10000 jammed into the south stand and corner of East. As was pointed out before, if this was "your" business, would you want as much money as possible? 

This business of making out Aberdeen fans aren't going as some sort of up yours gesture to the sfa/spfl is nothing more than an excuse for not selling all the tickets. It's a poor state of affairs if people aren't willing to go and support the team in a semi final against what most would agree are big rivals and lots of people are putting this "protest" forward as the reason when the reality is a lot of fans expect Aberdeen to lose so don't want to go.

30 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

This business of making out Aberdeen fans aren't going as some sort of up yours gesture to the sfa/spfl is nothing more than an excuse for not selling all the tickets. It's a poor state of affairs if people aren't willing to go and support the team in a semi final against what most would agree are big rivals and lots of people are putting this "protest" forward as the reason when the reality is a lot of fans expect Aberdeen to lose so don't want to go.

They’re using protest as an excuse, but the reality is they were never going to go. I can round up 30 guys for a final, there’s about 10 going to the semi. 

3 hours ago, theweestevie said:

But they couldn't return the tickets and allow Rangers to sell them if they started from the north stand as Aberdeen's sponsors and corporate tickets are for the south stand and they won't have then surrounded by Rangers fans, that's why they were encouraged to sell them from the south stand round. Theoretically there are more prime seats in the south stand than the north stand although we all know this is push and just a ploy to get more money from punters in the south stand.

Ironically that would probably be easier to facilitate if Aberdeen had the west end of the stadium and Rangers the east...

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Ironically that would probably be easier to facilitate if Aberdeen had the west end of the stadium and Rangers the east...

Like the corrupt powers would ever let that happen. This kind of shit should be pulled up by the media but that lot are as corrupt as any cunt.

3 hours ago, theweestevie said:

The fact that only one stand of 4 is where people want to sit doesn't help matters

Plus only about 15% of the seats are in the North Stand. (Although the corner of the East or West are my favourite bits).

Edited by Toepoke

If Aberdeen haven’t got any of the North stand, where are these prime seats they had to sell first?

I’m very much with Aberdeen on the general point about being fair and equal, but the more I hear about it the more it seems like Aberdeen are just being awkward.

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

If Aberdeen haven’t got any of the North stand, where are these prime seats they had to sell first?

I’m very much with Aberdeen on the general point about being fair and equal, but the more I hear about it the more it seems like Aberdeen are just being awkward.

South stand and south stand upper are prime seats. There's actually more prime seats in these sections than in the north stand. 

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

They’re using protest as an excuse, but the reality is they were never going to go. I can round up 30 guys for a final, there’s about 10 going to the semi. 

Aye. I don’t actually disagree with what the club are doing by being as difficult as possible, or sticking up for our own fans depending on your point of view, but it would be nice if more of the fans actually backed them on it by going to the game.

If this is Milne and Co, perhaps driven by cormack, growing a backbone at last then all well and good, just a pity it’s been so long in coming and too many fans are perhaps past the point of caring.

13 hours ago, dandydunn said:

4 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Correct.

I'm not convinced - Granted, you know your friend group

How can we sell 14/15,000 for a semi against the likes of Morton / Hibs (12.15 ko's), yet will be no where near that for a Rangers game? (9,400 sold until last night I believe)

3 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

If this is Milne and Co, perhaps driven by cormack, growing a backbone at last then all well and good, just a pity it’s been so long in coming and too many fans are perhaps past the point of caring.

Perhaps you're right

I suspect though that the majority are (rightly or wrongly) sticking 2 fingers up to this given my question above

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

it just seems a bizarre way of making a point.

Will massively backfire IMO if you get either OF side in the Scottish Cup Semi Final.

The alternative being to sell out and endorse being rogered time & time again. Voting with your feet counts

Don't see why as the precedent has been set. Something the SPFL completely ignored, and why many are saying (By staying away) enough is enough

Each to their own though - I've no problem either way - AFC have played their part in this by being spineless

On 10/11/2018 at 1:08 PM, Cove_Sheep said:

The only folk I've seen saying that were exceptionally unlikely to be actually going anyway.

13 hours ago, dandydunn said:

If no one is protesting then how do you explain less than 10,000 tickets being sold v Sevco for a semi at Hampden?

Are these numbers historically familiar?

Just now, Redz said:

I'm not convinced - Granted, you know your friend group

How can we sell 14/15,000 for a semi against the likes of Morton / Hibs (12.15 ko's), yet will be no where near that for a Rangers game? (9,400 sold until last night I believe)

And how many of those games had those sales figures 10 days or so out from those games?

I'm basing it on the fact we failed to sell out the last two cup finals we played in.

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

If no one is protesting then how do you explain less than 10,000 tickets being sold v Sevco for a semi at Hampden?

Are these numbers historically familiar?

This far out from a semi-final, YES.

Even look at alleged massive home games that sell out, there's normally still quite a lot of tickets available this far out and even some on the day of the game.

2 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

This far out from a semi-final, YES.

Even look at alleged massive home games that sell out, there's normally still quite a lot of tickets available this far out and even some on the day of the game.

Ye ken fine that if we had half the North Stand that it've been snapped up by now.