league cup - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

It was hypothetical, pointing out that they want to fill the stadium without huge gaps in seats, you wanted half or the north stand to be filled first then take it from there, you also said you doubt they will fill your end, so who will fill the empty seats? Or am I to presume nobody from Abrerdeen wants the south stand ?

You are correct to presume. The north stand sells fastest for any game at Hampden for a reason. Rangers can sell additional tickets from their half of the south stand and work round. Not really rocket science. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

You are correct to presume. The north stand sells fastest for any game at Hampden for a reason. Rangers can sell additional tickets from their half of the south stand and work round. Not really rocket science. 

Again... that doesn't work.  

You'd then have to move Rangers fans in and be mixing with Aberdeen comps and sponsors.  They too would need moved.

11 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

That kind of already happens due to the Debenture seats though, doesn't it?

That is correct.  

You'll find most debebtures end up in the hands of whatever teams in that section or lays empty.  Still, not perfect. 

41 minutes ago, Debian said:

You'd then have to move Rangers fans in and be mixing with Aberdeen comps and sponsors.  They too would need moved.

It’s worked since I’ve been going in 2000. Why does it change now?

53 minutes ago, Debian said:

52 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

That kind of already happens due to the Debenture seats though, doesn't it?

38 minutes ago, Debian said:

That is correct.  

You'll find most debebtures end up in the hands of whatever teams in that section or lays empty.  Still, not perfect. 

Yeah, the officials, sponsors, freeloaders etc. Would then be sat in amongst opposition fans.

We’ve been fortunate enough to get freebies for a couple of Motherwell games at Hampden and the tickets did say Motherwell only.

So the south stand halfway is the only place you can really start the segregation.

21 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Because I was referring to the fans.

The fans of Newco are the same fans as those of Oldco.

Different club, same fans.

Once again those same FANS won't have to travel.

(If the game were played behind closed doors then the location wouldn't come into it.)

Aye, so you were. The fans get an advantage in a sporting event from being in their own city, despite most of the fans not coming from there.

Youre argument here is absolute bullshit Scotty and quite frankly embarrassingly childish. 

You were caught out in the flawed logic you use and just can't admit it. 

19 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Aye, so you were. The fans get an advantage in a sporting event from being in their own city, despite most of the fans not coming from there.

You mean you weren’t all born and brought up a stones throw from Ibrox?

Glory hunters.

😛

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

You mean you weren’t all born and brought up a stones throw from Ibrox?

Glory hunters.

😛

My Dad was and its his fault I'm a Rangers supporter. 😀 

I'm originally from Linwood so you'd need to be bloody strong to chuck a stone to Ibrox. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm originally from Linwood so you'd need to be bloody strong to chuck a stone to Ibrox. 

Do you sit in the Govan rear? There’s some folk up there with a good throw.

:lol:

Its one of the beautiful hypocrisies of football fans, I’ve never lived in Motherwell and lived closer to parkhead, Douglas park, broadwood or Cliftonhill than I’ve ever lived to Fir Park.

Edited by sbcmfc

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Youre argument here is absolute bullshit Scotty and quite frankly embarrassingly childish. 

That's right... Me saying that Aberdeen fans (as a whole) will be travelling much further than Sevco fans (as a whole) is absolute B.S. and embarrassingly childish (even though it's obviously true).

Now take your time... Where would you say that the majority of Aberdeen fans come from? Scotland's NE maybe?

27 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

How strong would you have to be to chuck a stone from Glasgow to Aberdeen?

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Do you sit in the Govan rear? There’s some folk up there with a good throw.

:lol:

Its one of the beautiful hypocrisies of football fans, I’ve never lived in Motherwell and lived closer to parkhead, Douglas park, broadwood or Cliftonhill than I’ve ever lived to Fir Park.

I don't go to many games anymore. I don't have the time due to the fostering. Always got wee kids in tow, so only go when there aren't any placements. Which, sadly, is very rare. 

I spent a lot of time at Love Street during my student years too. Now they were my local team. Still keep an eye on their scores. 

Funnily enough I don't bother with Renfrew. Nothing to do with them being shite. Im less than friendly with a member of their management team due to an off the ball challenge in a charity match. Took me nearly an hour to get him back. 😉

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

That's right... Me saying that Aberdeen fans (as a whole) will be travelling much further than Sevco fans (as a whole) is absolute B.S. and embarrassingly childish (even though it's obviously true).

Now take your time... Where would you say that the majority of Aberdeen fans come from? Scotland's NE maybe?

Thats not what you said though. You keep changing your argument in the hope nobody will notice, but we do. 

You only mentioned Rangers supporters. You claimed Sevco were getting an unfair advantage, you didn't even mention the fans because you meant the team. 

But keep changing your argument and maybe you can eventually pretend you won the argument instead havering pish as usual. 

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Depends if it's your home support or away support we've talking about.

Both would tend to show up for semis and finals (but the majority of Dons fans come from the NE).

I'm guessing our away support for a league game would probably max somewhere around 3k.

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Thats not what you said though. You keep changing your argument in the hope nobody will notice, but we do. 

You only mentioned Rangers supporters. You claimed Sevco were getting an unfair advantage, you didn't even mention the fans because you meant the team. 

But keep changing your argument and maybe you can eventually pretend you won the argument instead havering pish as usual. 

No, same argument.

The vast majority of the fans that help the team (Sevco) by backing them in the stadium have a much shorter distance to travel than their opponents (Dandies) fans (hoping to back their team) do.

(I did say "take your time.")

Just compare the number of Sevco fans in Glasgow to the number of Aberdeen fans in Glasgow to get the beyond obvious answer. :banghead:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/10/08/dons-chairman-calls-for-summit/

I’d love to see other clubs rally round this but it’s scottish football so every club will think of themselves only. Before some of our resident children start, I do mean all clubs including Aberdeen. We can be just as guilty of making stupid decisions and I’m aware this statement is only happening because Aberdeen got fucked over but I doubt there’s a club or fan out there who thinks the game here is run properly. 

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

No, same argument.

The vast majority of the fans that help the team (Sevco) by backing them in the stadium have a much shorter distance to travel than their opponents (Dandies) fans (hoping to back their team) do.

(I did say "take your time.")

Just compare the number of Sevco fans in Glasgow to the number of Aberdeen fans in Glasgow to get the beyond obvious answer. :banghead:

Scotty you just can't stand being wrong, can you? 

Your argument didn't mention Aberdeen, only your obsession, Sevco. 

Your argument didn't mention fans, only your obsession, Sevco. 

You can post condescending shite all you want. It won't change the fact that you are now changing the argument because you were handed your arse by another poster. 

Don't bother replying to this as I'm bored with your inability to tell the truth, despite banging on about it all the time. I won't be continuing this discussion in the hope that you can reflect on your lack of self awareness. 

16 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Your argument didn't mention Aberdeen, only your obsession, Sevco. 

Your argument didn't mention fans, only your obsession, Sevco. 

The whole discussion is surrounding Aberdeen's unfair ticket allocation v Sevco at the semi-final in Glasgow.

Go back and look.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/10/08/dons-chairman-calls-for-summit/

I’d love to see other clubs rally round this but it’s scottish football so every club will think of themselves only. Before some of our resident children start, I do mean all clubs including Aberdeen. We can be just as guilty of making stupid decisions and I’m aware this statement is only happening because Aberdeen got fucked over but I doubt there’s a club or fan out there who thinks the game here is run properly. 

Unfortunately there'll be those who see anything bad for Aberdeen as good (and not see the over-riding effect on the League).

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Scotty, i love u to bits man. But everyone on here has MOVED ON! The only person who calls Rangers sevco is u now. Now that make u a true believer and a man of faith. But to many it looks like spite, hate and an unwilligness to move on when everyone else has.. i wish u would just go back to hating Rangers. It would be so refreshing!!!.