league cup - Page 24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

The fans? Can't speak for all, but I don't think they were overly chuffed. They agreed with most others opinions that it seemed like a stupid effing idea. Had the possibility of this been planned for, and Murrayfield been sought out as the host for one of the semi finals, then nobody would have been complaining.

I think Brendan said something along the lines of its not ideal but we will get on with it, good games to look forward to etc.  Don't remember any club statements condeming it but maybe did ?

27 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

The SPFL have to be allowed to make decisions? Really? They did make a decision. The decision was stupid, but their decision was to play two games at Hampden. It wasn't accepted by Hearts and Aberdeen who raised a complaint about it. It has now been changed. I think Celtic have reasonable grounds to state they are unhappy with the change.

Don't you know that it's only Celtic who aren't allowed to be happy with decisions on here? The Teuchter teams can cry all they like and it's justified and done in the name of fairness.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Celtic and Rangers were also unhappy according to Anne Budge, she said none of the clubs involved were happy with the initial outcome.

I'm not really understanding why Celtic would have a problem with this new decision, they are not in anyway disadvantaged by this new and much better outcome. 

Most of the annoyance is coming from the shambles of a process as opposed to the actual decision.

13 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Most of the annoyance is coming from the shambles of a process as opposed to the actual decision.

we all have a problem with the process, as I said yesterday I can see why Celtic would want a draw but I hope they're not moaning about being disadvantaged like Rodgers did because its simply not the case.

EDIT - to clarify, I can see why a draw for venues would be requested but its not a necessity here. Celtic weren't very vocal when Aberdeen and Hearts were set to be disadvantaged but now when its all neutral they have a problem. 

Edited by vanderark14

10 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Don't you know that it's only Celtic who aren't allowed to be happy with decisions on here? The Teuchter teams can cry all they like and it's justified and done in the name of fairness.

thats not whats happening here, you really do live up to the stereotype

To be fair Celtic didn't seem terribly interested in the due process when the original announcement was made now they're suddenly all over it. By the same token the sheep and diets are now disinterested in the process because the new arrangement suits just fine. Hypocrisy from all three if you ask me. In the meantime amidst all the bickering the huns sit quietly on the sidelines largely unaffected. A fact which seems lost on nearly everyone else!

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of it all Doncaster has to go when the dust settles.

Edited by slasher

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

In the meantime amidst all the bickering the huns sit quietly on the sidelines largely unaffected. A fact which seems lost on nearly everyone else!

That is true, they were probably the only ones who were relatively happy with both arrangements and never seemed to be under any threat of being inconvenienced at all.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Celtic might actually score more than 1 goal into Rugby goals too.

Hearts being hammer throwers is a bit OTT, they certainly played more football at Rugby Park than Celtic have the past twice they've been. They've also managed to score double the amount of goals Celtic have this season.

99% of Macy’s posts are fishing for a bite. There’s no credence in them at all. 

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Nae 7up for you next month! 😂😂👍

35 minutes ago, slasher said:

To be fair Celtic didn't seem terribly interested in the due process when the original announcement was made now they're suddenly all over it. By the same token the sheep and diets are now disinterested in the process because the new arrangement suits just fine. Hypocrisy from all three if you ask me. In the meantime amidst all the bickering the huns sit quietly on the sidelines largely unaffected. A fact which seems lost on nearly everyone else!

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of it all Doncaster has to go when the dust settles.

Bang on.

Guest faircity
3 hours ago, slasher said:

Aberdeen have moved on, now getting shafted from another direction. All about focus. 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Worked out not bad for them though...

Yup, it did 👍🏼

My point however was that I cannae mind any hullabaloo over this venue, was there? Good to see some clubs now standing up against all this pish - Stevie Clarke, Aberdeen/Hearts etc. Hopefully it continues.

16 hours ago, Toepoke said:

To be fair they announced the venues 6 months in advance that time...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24740105

Surely it wouldn't have been that hard to switch the game to Celtic park though?

Either way, it didn't matter as they got fucked so all's well that ends well 

On 10/4/2018 at 12:15 PM, slasher said:

(1)To be fair Celtic didn't seem terribly interested in the due process when the original announcement was made now they're suddenly all over it. (2) By the same token the sheep and diets are now disinterested in the process because the new arrangement suits just fine. (3) Hypocrisy from all three if you ask me. (4) In the meantime amidst all the bickering the huns sit quietly on the sidelines largely unaffected.  (5) A fact which seems lost on nearly everyone else!

(6) Regardless of the rights and wrongs of it all Doncaster has to go when the dust settles.

It's not ideal for us at all. Anytime on a Sunday isn't if it involves c.6 hours travel. We'd also prefer a truly neutral stadium too.

'Our' processes in general are embarrassing, frustrating, and entangled in lies. 

One final point (I don't think it was yourself who highlighted it though), I actually understand why BR / The Tims feel fecked off with the (Non transparent) decision too. That said, further semi finals / finals at Hampden, for the same reasons, require identical scrutiny (Fairness). EG Ends, Dressing Rooms etc...

On 10/4/2018 at 12:51 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Bang on.

1st point - Yes.

2nd point - No from the Sheep.

3rd point - No, unless you're (Not you) a Hun.

4th point - Yes.

5th point - No, not at all. 

6th point - Yes from everyone.

50% 'Bang on.......'

Edited by Redz