league cup - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 minutes ago, stocky said:

I wonder why the times changed, well not the times exactly, but the order

the Aberdeen game was first now its the Hearts game..  

If No extra time the Celtic fans will be heading homw along the M8 at same time as Dons fans driving tae Glasgow and Rangers fans coming from Central belt..

Anyhoo,   Whay did they not just draw Cetic and Rangers together...  the balls would have beed heated anyhoo..... 😉

Hopefully a Hearts /Dons final...

Fans leaving Edinburgh an hour before kick off for the Rangers Aberdeen game would be cutting it quite tight to get into the ground for kick off by the time they get to the stadium and parked etc

While I have absolutely no sympathy for Celtic, I suppose they do have a valid point. Why was it immediately decided they were the ones to go to Edinburgh.

It makes sense logistically and 99% of people had presumed it would be the one to move for that reason, so perhaps that’s all the SPFL need to say, Celtic just want to see their working...

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

While I have absolutely no sympathy for Celtic, I suppose they do have a valid point. Why was it immediately decided they were the ones to go to Edinburgh.

It makes sense logistically and 99% of people had presumed it would be the one to move for that reason, so perhaps that’s all the SPFL need to say, Celtic just want to see their working...

Most of the Celtic fans I know are quite happy as they had Kevin Bridges tickets that night at the Hydro 😀

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Suppose the SPFL may think they will get higher overall attendances with playing the Hearts v Celtic at Murrayfield and Rangers V Aberdeen at Hampden. 

13 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Suppose the SPFL may think they will get higher overall attendances with playing the Hearts v Celtic at Murrayfield and Rangers V Aberdeen at Hampden. 

Yeah, it probably makes sense on a few levels, they are just “seeking clarification” on how the decision was reached.

Just being Devil’s advocate.

Lawell and Rodgers are a pair of cunts that wouldn’t be happy if they played it at Parkhead with Rod Stewart refereeing. 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Why is this never ever pulled up by anyone? Because our entire set-up is a shit show controlled by a blue half and a green half. Umpteen bloody decades of other teams having to go to Glasgow, when the Auld-Firm still keep their sides, dressing room, etc. But now, on one single occasion that cunt Rodgers feels the need to talk about an advantage to someone? 😠

This. Anyone that can't see that has issues.

27 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

The SPFL knocked back our request to have a drawing of lots to determine who would play where. Celtic are right.

I think the fact they haven’t addressed the request (as far as we know) gives some credence to Celtic’s complaining.

I’m sure you’ll understand why fans of other teams have zero empathy with a team that have won the last 4 domestic cups with the same dressing room, same “end” in the same neutral ground a stones throw from their own home.

Just now, sbcmfc said:

I think the fact they haven’t addressed the request (as far as we know) gives some credence to Celtic’s complaining.

I’m sure you’ll understand why fans of other teams have zero empathy with a team that have won the last 4 domestic cups with the same dressing room, same “end” in the same neutral ground a stones throw from their own home.

Couldn't really care less what fans of others team think about it but the point still stands, Celtic requested them to have a drawing of lots and it was turned down without good reason. The club has every right to be unhappy about that.

I'm personally happy with Murrayfield but that isn't really the point.

17 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

It's pretty obvious. Cup semi finals are played at Hampden. If they're moving one then it shouldn't just be decided unless all 4 clubs are in agreement.

I was always under the impression both semis were to be played where the final is played to give all the teams a chance to play on the field where the Final is played. Going by this logic either Rangers or Aberdeen will have the advantage as they already have a game under their belt on the park.

4 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

I was always under the impression both semis were to be played where the final is played to give all the teams a chance to play on the field where the Final is played. Going by this logic either Rangers or Aberdeen will have the advantage as they already have a game under their belt on the park.

I don’t think that’s a thing?

We played Hearts at Easter Road in a league cup semi, Rangers played Dundee (I think?) at Hampden in other semi.

Playing LC semis at Hampden on weekends is a recent thing.

50 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

I’ve been to semi finals at Dens, Tynecastle, Ibrox and Hampden.