league cup - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Is this the best scenario now... ?

Aberdeen v Sevco @ Hampden @ 3:00pm on Sunday October 28th

Hearts v Celtic @ Hampden @ 3:00pm on Saturday November 3rd (or Sunday November 4th)

I would say Sunday 4th for Hearts v Celtic as it means it could be showin on tv.

18 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Yesterday's Sportsound is definitely worth a listen. 

Just finished it on the journey to work. SPFL shown up to be extremely stupid and basically a bunch of lying bastards 

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Who'd have thought it, eh?

one thing did annoy me about Duncan Fraser the cheif exec of Aberdeen, he stopped short of stating the dons have no confidence in this current SPFL leadership. He condemned the decision to hold both matches at hampden and the kick off times but he stopped short of really going at the leadership. Until the clubs make real change, we will only see ourselves back discussing more stupid decisions made by those in charge

Fraser confirmed that Aberdeen relayed their anger and dismay at the decision AT THE MEETING, Aberdeen were told to submit a counter proposal that evening , they did so in writing but the SPFL had already gone public with their decision.  Anne Budge has also confirmed that none of the clubs involved were happy with this decision.

It was also good to see most of the panel have a dig at that idiot Boyd for his comments last week. 

The SPFL board are elected by the clubs to work for them.

The guy from Aberdeen effectively is their boss, they answer to him (and the other 41 clubs). So I can’t understand how they can do things that the clubs don’t agree with without consequence?

49 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

one thing did annoy me about Duncan Fraser the cheif exec of Aberdeen, he stopped short of stating the dons have no confidence in this current SPFL leadership. He condemned the decision to hold both matches at hampden and the kick off times but he stopped short of really going at the leadership. Until the clubs make real change, we will only see ourselves back discussing more stupid decisions made by those in charge

Fraser confirmed that Aberdeen relayed their anger and dismay at the decision AT THE MEETING, Aberdeen were told to submit a counter proposal that evening , they did so in writing but the SPFL had already gone public with their decision.  Anne Budge has also confirmed that none of the clubs involved were happy with this decision.

Agreed, I thought he was pretty disappointing TBH.

49 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It was also good to see most of the panel have a dig at that idiot Boyd for his comments last week. 

That clown should learn to keep his trap shut. His comments about Aberdeen fans were beyond embarrassing. I wasn't embarrassed by them as he doesn't speak for me, far from it but he really is thick.

I'd support AFC & HMFC withdrawing completely or, at the least, stating that they require no ticket allocation whatsoever.

Extreme? Absolutely.....Something needs to give though, the whole set up and approach is sickening.

Personally I have no further domestic games planned, and Israel will be my last international for the foreseeable too.

I'd cancel the latter if we weren't making a family break out of the trip too.

Can't help thinking the SPFL are missing an easy, and obvious, solution here -- Everyman and their dug it seems are getting stuck into them - The Clubs, fans, media...- So turn the situation around _ Say to the clubs, and whoever else fancies a crack at it..

'Okay you have until, say, Friday at 5pm to have your solution at our offices - 3 caveats..

1) Both Games MUST be played at Hampden ( Per contracts)

2) No other Member Clubs, nor their fans, can be inconvenienced and / or lose revenue in any way, shape or form.

3) Your proposal must be signed as being acceptable by ALL 4 Club Chairman or Chief Executive"

To me, it's a no lose situation - Either someone comes up with a better solution, acceptable to all, or SPFL get to say " See, not so easy, is it?"

8 minutes ago, Robbo `81 said:

Can't help thinking the SPFL are missing an easy, and obvious, solution here -- Everyman and their dug it seems are getting stuck into them - The Clubs, fans, media...- So turn the situation around _ Say to the clubs, and whoever else fancies a crack at it..

'Okay you have until, say, Friday at 5pm to have your solution at our offices - 3 caveats..

1) Both Games MUST be played at Hampden ( Per contracts)

2) No other Member Clubs, nor their fans, can be inconvenienced and / or lose revenue in any way, shape or form.

3) Your proposal must be signed as being acceptable by ALL 4 Club Chairman or Chief Executive"

To me, it's a no lose situation - Either someone comes up with a better solution, acceptable to all, or SPFL get to say " See, not so easy, is it?"

1. Broadfoot confirmed this was an old SPL contract, what's in the contract anyway? Semi finals have been played away from hampden before so its not impossible to move the matches

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

Its really easy to solve - One game at Hampden - 2pm Kick off - preferrably AFC v RFC. 2nd game - 5.15pm Kick off at Murrayfield. You still get the super sunday they want and nobody loses out and every fan gets the opportunity to go.

BT present live from both games 

Police are happy too because it makes it easier to police. 

What I want to see is every club taking action and getting rid of the current leadership, start with that ballon knot Doncaster

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

1. Broadfoot confirmed this was an old SPL contract, what's in the contract anyway? Semi finals have been played away from hampden before so its not impossible to move the matches

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

Its really easy to solve - One game at Hampden - 2pm Kick off - preferrably AFC v RFC. 2nd game - 5.15pm Kick off at Murrayfield. You still get the super sunday they want and nobody loses out and every fan gets the opportunity to go.

BT present live from both games 

Police are happy too because it makes it easier to police. 

What I want to see is every club taking action and getting rid of the current leadership, start with that ballon knot Doncaster

From what I could gather from reading earlier, Rangers & Celtic games have to be at Hampden, as per the contract. 

10 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

From what I could gather from reading earlier, Rangers & Celtic games have to be at Hampden, as per the contract. 

On 10/1/2018 at 7:14 AM, Scotty CTA said:

Is this the best scenario now... ?

Aberdeen v Sevco @ Hampden @ 3:00pm on Sunday October 28th

Hearts v Celtic @ Hampden @ 3:00pm on Saturday November 3rd (or Sunday November 4th)

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Do they have to get their own ends too?

:lol:

Got a real hard on about that haven't you? Of course I didn't hear any cunt complain about it years ago when the East stand was uncovered and we used to get pished upon from the heavens on a regular basis 😏

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

Got a real hard on about that haven't you? Of course I didn't hear any cunt complain about it years ago when the East stand was uncovered and we used to get pished upon from the heavens on a regular basis 😏

Just a bit of a standing joke.