league cup - Page 53 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Good to see the glory hunters coming out in relative force and that the boycott was only a one-off for the semi final and them missing thousands from the semi aren't "pissed off at the SPFL/SFA" any more...

fans in coming out for big game shocker, there's not a club in the world where this doesn't happen

29 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

fans in coming out for big game shocker, there's not a club in the world where this doesn't happen

Absolutely, and I have no problem with it. It was the amusing attempts to dress up the semi final attendance as some kind of "protest" that provoked the comment really.

46 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Good to see the glory hunters coming out in relative force and that the boycott was only a one-off for the semi final and them missing thousands from the semi aren't "pissed off at the SPFL/SFA" any more...

Reminds me of the boycott v Slovenia that came to a half when England came to town 

1 hour ago, 1ANDYP said:

What is the boycott for.??

There wasn't/isn't one. Being fed up with and making a stand against the SPFL/SFA was the excuse some Dons fans gave for not going to the semi final, when the truth was they expected us to get humped by Rangers. As it turned out, the attendance was in line with the usual numbers we get for semi finals but because the club had stuck their neck out and asked for a decent portion of the tickets, which the fans didn't back them up on by actually buying them, some supporters decided to pretend they were boycotting in protest at any or all of the kick off time, the venue, not being offered the best seats in the house etc.

21 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

There wasn't/isn't one. Being fed up with and making a stand against the SPFL/SFA was the excuse some Dons fans gave for not going to the semi final, when the truth was they expected us to get humped by Rangers. As it turned out, the attendance was in line with the usual numbers we get for semi finals but because the club had stuck their neck out and asked for a decent portion of the tickets, which the fans didn't back them up on by actually buying them, some supporters decided to pretend they were boycotting in protest at any or all of the kick off time, the venue, not being offered the best seats in the house etc.

I don't think they were pretending, there are some fans who have had enough of scottish football and the nonsense that comes with it. Some didn't go because they expected a humping and who could blame them considering MCinnes record v the  OF?

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't think they were pretending, there are some fans who have had enough of scottish football and the nonsense that comes with it. Some didn't go because they expected a humping and who could blame them considering MCinnes record v the  OF?

If they've had enough, then why are they appearing for the final? Surely if they feel that strongly about it they'd boycott that too?

As Wee Toon Red alluded to, they thought they'd get pumped so gave it a swerve.

I was well chuffed for the 10,000 or so that bothered to go.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Celtic's were released today, queue the usual moaning from Brendan's blow ins on twitter every time a high demand game away from CP comes up.

"Away games are a closed shop"

"I can't join the home cup scheme cos I work midweek"

Clubs can’t win at all. Turns out there’s about 10,000 people in Aberdeen that work Sundays when there’s a semi on 🤡

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If they've had enough, then why are they appearing for the final? Surely if they feel that strongly about it they'd boycott that too?

As Wee Toon Red alluded to, they thought they'd get pumped so gave it a swerve.

I was well chuffed for the 10,000 or so that bothered to go.

I think your missing my point. I know people who aren’t going to the final for the reasons I gave above. 

Wee toon red is entitled to his opinion but not everyone who opted not to go to the final did so because they thought Aberdeen would get humped. 

14 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I think your missing my point. I know people who aren’t going to the final for the reasons I gave above. 

Wee toon red is entitled to his opinion but not everyone who opted not to go to the final did so because they thought Aberdeen would get humped. 

You're farting against thunder VA14 - Some of our own think sub 10,000 is in keeping with what we normally take to SF's too , and it's really not (c.40% less)

People simply chose not to fund cheating and spent their money elsewhere - Nothing wrong in that - That's personal choice, not boycotting 

I wouldn't underestimate the feelings towards our spineless board either - Head in sand stuff as the club is being publicly shafted senseless sums them up

20,000 tickets shifted in less than 3 days (I appreciate it's the final) v 9,700 in over 3 weeks is no coincidence in my view

Are you heading up for the final?

40 minutes ago, Redz said:

You're farting against thunder VA14 - Some of our own think sub 10,000 is in keeping with what we normally take to SF's too , and it's really not (c.40% less)

People simply chose not to fund cheating and spent their money elsewhere - Nothing wrong in that - That's personal choice, not boycotting 

I wouldn't underestimate the feelings towards our spineless board either - Head in sand stuff as the club is being publicly shafted senseless sums them up

20,000 tickets shifted in less than 3 days (I appreciate it's the final) v 9,700 in over 3 weeks is no coincidence in my view

ats the moment I won't be as I don't have a ticket although I'd be in with those glory hunters since I've been unable to get to a  game since I left the north east in April 2016 

49 minutes ago, Redz said:

You had over 10,000 v Motherwell in last years semi IIRC maybe 12?

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Picked our CSC's tickets up today and the kids tickets have £12 misprinted on them when they're actually £15. Would imagine Aberdeen are the same. Quite fitting after the mess they made with the semi final venues.

It certainly doesn’t. Ours were only a tenner for kids.