league cup - Page 49 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Celtic could’ve won 6-0 in the end. Hearts barely crossed the halfway line.

Shades of the league cup final last year, with the soft penalty leading to Celtic winning comfortably in the end.

Main observation from the game was what an utter cunt of a man Lustig is.

Was good that Aberdeen won the 2nd place play off, slightly against the run of play, but that’ll make it all the sweeter. The inexplicable dive from Sadiq when he had a tap in was a highlight.

Mcgregor proving again he’s a thick cunt (or is he? He keeps getting away with it, that’s 3 live on TV this season).

Sure there will be some Aberdeen fans who wish they’d gone now....

The dive was the only thing of note that Sadiq did. Waste of a jersey. 

Didn't see the McGregor one as was in the car but heard the commentary. It seems to be a nasty habit he's got that will eventually cost us or Scotland dear. 

Admittedly he's not the first keeper to be like that. Seem to remember Goram and Schmeichel being like that too. 

Hopefully never gets to the Schumacher stage. 😕

Didn't see or hear any of the Celtic game. What did Lustig do that was so bad? 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Is this the fault of murrayfield stadium or the Sunday train timetable? 

This, there would have been the same issues going the opposite direction if it was at Hampden. I've been left on the platform before at Falkirk heading to a Scotland game on a Saturday and that's heading through at lunch time for an evening kick off.

25 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Didn't see the McGregor one as was in the car but heard the commentary. It seems to be a nasty habit he's got that will eventually cost us or Scotland dear. 

GMS was put through alone (offside) and rather than just give the ball immediately to the opposition he did a playful step over to go by McGregor who then dunted him to the ground with an elbow to Gary's arm.

Was it Sevco's ball? Yes

Was GMS now way out of position? Yes

Did he try to buy a few seconds? Yes

Should he in hindsight have stopped and come back the way instead of continuing toward McGregor? Yes

35 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Didn't see or hear any of the Celtic game. What did Lustig do that was so bad? 

The only thing I can mind him doing was going down in the first 20 seconds after jumping for a header. Boy got booked so presumably Collum gave it for an elbow. I've not seen any (decent) highlights since getting back from the game so maybe there was something else.

3 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

Some ceptic soap dodgers in wrong end - whole terrorist song book from vast majority of their scummy support - stay classy 

Don't think either set of fans did themselves any favours yesterday, some of the behaviour on the way to, during and after the game was horrendous, not quite sure how so many people managed to get so tanked up on drink by midday.

The hello hello brigade were probably the same ones who were chucking their scarves onto the pitch after the third went in, absolute embarrassment to the club. 

5 hours ago, Alan said:

Travel chaos at Edinburgh trains for Celtic fans.  Murrayfield transport links for football games not up to the level people stated.

spot on, wasn't that fussed either way in the Hampden/Murrayfield decision but having seen the chaos not only getting to the game (over the Forth Bridge) and getting home again i am glad its Hampden.

38 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

The only thing I can mind him doing was going down in the first 20 seconds after jumping for a header. Boy got booked so presumably Collum gave it for an elbow. I've not seen any (decent) highlights since getting back from the game so maybe there was something else.

The fact he was at it 20 seconds into the game probably set me off.

:lol:

He went down clutching his face, boy barely touched him, and any contact was no where near his face.

He was down “injured” another couple of times and got involved with a Hearts player later on. He’s a horrible player, think it seems worse because he’s a defender, I can’t stand watching the guy.

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

He went down clutching his face, boy barely touched him, and any contact was no where near his face.

He was down “injured” another couple of times and got involved with a Hearts player later on. He’s a horrible player, think it seems worse because he’s a defender, I can’t stand watching the guy.

they showed a replay of that on the big screen while Lustig was getting treatment which increased the abuse the Hearts fans were giving Collum.

they didn't show any replays after that 

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

GMS was put through alone (offside) and rather than just give the ball immediately to the opposition he did a playful step over to go by McGregor who then dunted him to the ground with an elbow to Gary's arm.

Was it Sevco's ball? Yes

Should he in hindsight have stopped and come back the way instead of continuing toward McGregor? Yes

Thanks Scotty. Your description doesn't sound as bad as the radio commentary made it out to be. 

Stupid thing for McGregor to do as it could have led to a card. 

GMS was easily Aberdeen best player going forward. Certainly seems to be back towards his best now. If he'd had some support I reckon you could have done some damage yesterday as he had Flanagan on toast early on. 

37 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That's just his usual. He's a total coward. I thought he'd done something specially annoying. 

I try and ignore him because of his consistent nonsense. I'll be doing the same for Sadiq from now on too. Shouldn't be hard as we're unlikely to see him again. 😀 

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Was it Sevco's ball? Yes

Just to apply the finishing touch to this fine summary.

Should McGregor have acted like a complete cock ? No

40 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I was pretty impressed with the set up at Murrayfield, a brilliant atmosphere. Really easy to get to the stadium from Haymarket station. I left my seat at 3 05 ,along with 28,000 others ,got the tram,and was in the Heb Bar beside Waverley Station at 3 30 .

Took me about the same time to get out of the stadium and walk to my supporters bus at Hampden

46 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Just to apply the finishing touch to this fine summary.

Should McGregor have acted like a complete cock ? No

The whole thing was a hullabaloo about nothing however if you're adding that you should probably also add..

Should GMS have went down and rolled around like he'd been shot? No.

GMS was being a bit of a fanny.

Mcgregor shouldn’t have nudged into him, don’t think Mcgregor would take too much flack for what he did yesterday if it weren’t for 2 or 3 similar incidents already this season.

It’ll cost Rangers (or Scotland) if he tries that nonsense in Europe, foreign refs would have no qualms about sending him off for any or all 3 of the incidents I’ve seen. Don’t know what he did at Hamilton?

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

I know how bizarre is that?

I can't get my head around it. In Europe we look a good team, solid at the back and generally dangerous up front. Domestically away from Ibrox we're hoaching! 

It's the same players, formation and general tactics. 

We obviously play better the more teams sit off us. That might explain why we do better in Europe. Who knows. 🤔

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

GMS was being a bit of a fanny.

Mcgregor shouldn’t have nudged into him, don’t think Mcgregor would take too much flack for what he did yesterday if it weren’t for 2 or 3 similar incidents already this season.

It’ll cost Rangers (or Scotland) if he tries that nonsense in Europe, foreign refs would have no qualms about sending him off for any or all 3 of the incidents I’ve seen. Don’t know what he did at Hamilton?

GMS knee he was offside, he smiled at mcgregor before his little shimmy. Mcgregor did what is expected of him because he’s a Ned with money. Unfortunately that Ned is our best goalkeeper right now🙄