league cup - Page 41 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 10/23/2018 at 8:32 AM, Alan said:

If you want a family place I'd recommend

White Elephant in Merrylee.  Not east but it's a 10 to 15 mins walk to ground.  Family friendly and will show football.  Easy to park round there if you don't want to walk.

The Bank in Muirend.  It would be a 4 min train south from Mount Florida and of course back but again good for a 10 year old and has an upstairs that is quieter with tv's.

I've been in White Elephant, was really child friendly and had a good atmosphere as well. Was there after a Christening.

21 hours ago, Alan said:

I wouldn't take my own kid there to be honest.  Just an old mans pub that gets packed and minging with football fans.

Perfect. It’s a belhaven boozer, so it’ll have a proper meal for him and it’ll be full of Aberdeen fans. Just the kind of dayout he loves. 

Does anybody know the script with Marvin Comperr??? Rumours of a training ground bust up with John Kennedy and a breach of club discipline in Dubai but I can't see either being true or he would've been paid off.

Apparently he's on a tidy wage so now would be the time to see if he's any good. At this rate if Benkovic rips his tights before Sunday we could end up with a centre half pairing of Tierney and Hendry! 😱

44 minutes ago, slasher said:

Does anybody know the script with Marvin Comperr??? Rumours of a training ground bust up with John Kennedy and a breach of club discipline in Dubai but I can't see either being true or he would've been paid off.

Apparently he's on a tidy wage so now would be the time to see if he's any good. At this rate if Benkovic rips his tights before Sunday we could end up with a centre half pairing of Tierney and Hendry! 😱

Also heard a rumour, admittedly on a Rangers site so most likely bollocks, anout Griffiths going AWOL.  Any truth in that?

1 hour ago, slasher said:

May God have mercy on us all.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Also heard a rumour, admittedly on a Rangers site so most likely bollocks, anout Griffiths going AWOL.  Any truth in that?

Started by that attention seeking arsehole Matt Mcglone on Twitter. I was told it isn't true by someone who is usually an impeccable source on club matters, so I'm taking his word over the fud who's suing his own club.

24 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Have to say, as a neutral I’m really looking forward to these games on Sunday, seems a real buzz about them. Pleasant afternoon in front of the box awaits 👍

Hearts v Celtic should be good but our game will be something - 0 to Rangers, penalties our best hope like the last round I fear.

4 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

Hearts v Celtic should be good but our game will be something - 0 to Rangers, penalties our best hope like the last round I fear.

We have no actual strikers, and as was evident the other night, miss our main creative midfielder. Will be closer than everyone/the press thinks.

6 hours ago, slasher said:

I actually have a sneaky feeling Aberdeen will win on Sunday. I have absolutely no idea what will happen at Murrayfield. What a great season this could be! 😀

I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a domestic game. It really will be some occasion with two massive supports there and both teams going for it 

Hearts ticket sales have sneaked over the 29k mark so heading for a crowd well over 60k which is tremendous.

Probably would have sold out had the club not limited sales to anyone with a purchase history. 

How are the ticket sales for the other semi? Assume we will be over 100k between the two semis which is great. 

4 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

Hearts ticket sales have sneaked over the 29k mark so heading for a crowd well over 60k which is tremendous.

Probably would have sold out had the club not limited sales to anyone with a purchase history. 

How are the ticket sales for the other semi? Assume we will be over 100k between the two semis which is great. 

Aberdeen’s tickets sales have been shut for a multitude of reasons but Sunday should still be a good advert for the game. 

14 hours ago, Stu101 said:

We have no actual strikers, and as was evident the other night, miss our main creative midfielder. Will be closer than everyone/the press thinks.

Well, not closer than I think.

Aberdeen to win unless the feared stitch up goes ahead.

Dandies expecting a red card and a Sevco penalty shot.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Like?

I get the feeling you will disagree with any reason I list because you will be there regardless, that’s no criticism by the way. Fair play to anyone going, I wish I could but not possible

anyway, there’s plenty of reasons given

mcinnes lack Of testicles agains Rangers 

poor performances this season

shite signibgs

SFA incompetence 

board lacking testicles

mcinnes shite signings in the summer

That’s just a few reasons I’ve seen given and I can understand them all. It’s up to the individual fans whether they go or not.

Rangers are in their own back yard and there’s a buzz about them right now, hearts are absolutely flying and are playing literally next door to their own ground. I’m sure we’d sell out our end if hampden was next to pittodrie. Celtic may not be flying by their standards but they’re up there and have a massive fan base. It’s hardly surprising these three sold out their end.

56 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I get the feeling you will disagree with any reason I list because you will be there regardless, that’s no criticism by the way. Fair play to anyone going, I wish I could but not possible

anyway, there’s plenty of reasons given

mcinnes lack Of testicles agains Rangers 

poor performances this season

shite signibgs

SFA incompetence 

board lacking testicles

mcinnes shite signings in the summer

That’s just a few reasons I’ve seen given and I can understand them all. It’s up to the individual fans whether they go or not.

Rangers are in their own back yard and there’s a buzz about them right now, hearts are absolutely flying and are playing literally next door to their own ground. I’m sure we’d sell out our end if hampden was next to pittodrie. Celtic may not be flying by their standards but they’re up there and have a massive fan base. It’s hardly surprising these three sold out their end.

My personal 'favourites' are the lies and cheating.

Strangely enough,nobody wants to ask or answer any questions in terms of these.

'IF' the club want the support as a whole back onside they absolutely have to address your 5th point. (Not in a scatter-gun type way, just when it's warranted)

Everyone has their own opinion though......