league cup - Page 40 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

13 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Any decent pubs round east side that we’ll get a 10 year old into around lunchtime for some food and watch the first semi?

Not really used to being in that end of the ground. 

Cheers. 

If you want a family place I'd recommend

White Elephant in Merrylee.  Not east but it's a 10 to 15 mins walk to ground.  Family friendly and will show football.  Easy to park round there if you don't want to walk.

The Bank in Muirend.  It would be a 4 min train south from Mount Florida and of course back but again good for a 10 year old and has an upstairs that is quieter with tv's.

14 minutes ago, Alan said:

If you want a family place I'd recommend

White Elephant in Merrylee.  Not east but it's a 10 to 15 mins walk to ground.  Family friendly and will show football.  Easy to park round there if you don't want to walk.

The Bank in Muirend.  It would be a 4 min train south from Mount Florida and of course back but again good for a 10 year old and has an upstairs that is quieter with tv's.

Aye the bank is a good shout.

If you don’t mind a 20 minute walk You’d get somewhere on Rutherglen Main street, Harley’s above the Iceland will have game on and they serve food, so pretty sure they let kids in. There’s a Wetherspoons which won’t have football on, but the place across the road is like a Wetherspoons and sure they have BT sport.

Much easier to get away from there after game too.

21 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Looking like a possible 60k crowd at Murrayfield. Who said our game would die? 

Neil Doncaster.  The same guy who has tried his hardest to feck up both semi finals.  He managed to get the job half done, like everything else he sets out to do.

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I think we’re goinh to try the beechwood, worst case I’ll take him elsewhere if they don’t want him there all day, most important thing is to get the car parked up relatively close. Cheers. 

I think that is where we are going.

4 minutes ago, macy37 said:

400 left yesterday I think. 

Great effort.  AsI have said on here Macy, I honestly belive it's the best year for ages.  Celtic will be favourites but it won't easy.  Should be a good game.  Same with gers dons one.  I think that will be a sell out too and although they never sold the allocation out, I also think it's a good effort by them for a Sunday game.

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I think we’re goinh to try the beechwood, worst case I’ll take him elsewhere if they don’t want him there all day, most important thing is to get the car parked up relatively close. Cheers. 

I wouldn't take my own kid there to be honest.  Just an old mans pub that gets packed and minging with football fans.

19 hours ago, Alan said:

I wouldn't take my own kid there to be honest.  Just an old mans pub that gets packed and minging with football fans.

Yeah, can't have super Tory Jnr mixing with the working classes.